Neat autos rear beam kits

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neat autos rear beam kits
I bought a rear beam rebuild kit from eBay , from neat autos

But these are dog shit to be polite, the bearings were unbranded and thecollars and seals are a real loose fit. 

Put it all together and one side has the slightest bit of play and the other  is notchy as hell when you spin the shaft 

New bearings it is then!
Thanks given by:
Who was the seller?

I bought a pair of kits for my 306 axle from a polish guy. £45 a side, stub axle and bearings...branded etc....
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
Thanks given by:
My bad it was neat autos! I've sent them a shitty email
Thanks given by:
I thought the polish kits came with SNR bearings?
2001 BMW 330Ci
2012 VW High Up
1988 205 GTi 1.6
1990 205 Mi16
Thanks given by:
(24-04-2016, 06:32 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: My bad it was neat autos! I've sent them a shitty email

Thats surprising. They are normally very very good!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
It's a race to the bottom at the moment with beam parts suppliers, and having tried a few I can conclude that prices are cheap and quality is distinctly variable Sad

The French supplier on eBay I wouldn't use - the shafts seem OK, but the bearings are cheap-feeling and unbranded (although did have the correct number of needles) and the metal outer collars are too big and don't fit the tube at all. The inner rubber seals were fine in terms of fit when mated with some OE outer metal seals. I'm wondering if this is the same kit Neat Autos are now supplying from your description?

The Polish supplier seems to be one of the better ones and I've used them a few times - as above, they're SNR bearing kits and they do at least seem to fit and function. Longevity seems reasonable - one I did 3 years or so back I pulled apart recently and the bearings/seals still looked good, one shaft was good and one had slight needle markings on it. For a car with uprated torsion bars and which gets battered with millions of speed humps thanks to living in London that seems reasonable.

I've not tried any bearings from Peugeot direct recently - they went through a spate of supplying rubbish with the incorrect number of needles that didn't last at all and I've refused to buy any bearing kits from them since given they clearly weren't supplying OE quality. The seals etc are all good, the shafts again fine but expensive.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
One of the guys on this forum does Axle rebuilds doesn't he? I wonder where he gets his kits from
Although if they are really good I would expect him to keep hush haha Tongue

What about imaxle, axle direct or abaxles?
Thanks given by:
Rather do my own axles than use those companies.

I recommend Stef to other people
Thanks given by:
im just here to read no comment Tongue
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
But stef... do tell us where you get your beam supplies from so we don't have to use your services and thus undercut your business haha [/sarcasm]

Tongue Tongue Tongue

I will be bringing my other beam down sunday mate.!
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Neat asked me to send the bearings back...

After explaining they wouldn't be in one piece after being removed lol they agreed to send out a new set tomorrow. Not mentioning what brand or anything so e what comes through
Thanks given by:
ive used loads of the Polish supplied kits, much the same experience as Anthony, i think maybe the shafts arent as tough as o.e, but at half the price for all the parts its not so bad.

last peugeot kits i used were good, cheap too, can't remember which beam they went on though!
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
I bought all my bits from Citroen in Reading when I rebuilt the VTS beam. They supplied the preferred bearings with correct number of needles. Reasonably priced too.

Shame they've relocated to Basingstoke though....they were much better to deal with than Peugeot.
2001 BMW 330Ci
2012 VW High Up
1988 205 GTi 1.6
1990 205 Mi16
Thanks given by:
I used to go to Peugeot Wokingham until I called the parts bloke a lady garden.
Never been welcome since.

Yet to go to the Basingstoke branch
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2016, 07:37 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: I used to go to Peugeot Wokingham until I called the parts bloke a lady garden.

But did you actually call him a 'lady garden' or did the word 'fanny' come out?

Newbury Peugeot is the best one I've been too. Anthony clearly sweetened the parts bloke up with something.....the chap is fairly keen on his 205s. Never, ever go to Marshalls Peugeot in Pangbourne!

I digress.....I've got the SNR bearing numbers somewhere for the beam.

Try this..

https://eshop.ntn-snr.com/en/KS559-08-688678.html

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SNR-Mounting-ax...entries*=0
2001 BMW 330Ci
2012 VW High Up
1988 205 GTi 1.6
1990 205 Mi16
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2016, 08:02 PM)Alan_M Wrote: Newbury Peugeot is the best one I've been too. Anthony clearly sweetened the parts bloke up with something.....the chap is fairly keen on his 205s.

Ha! I think they used to love me in there as they probably had a very lavish Xmas do each year on the back of what I spent with them lol

You're right though, the most helpful parts bloke imaginable was Andy - knew half the part numbers off the top of his head, would dig out the microfiche if required for really old stuff and would happily root through boxes to (usually successfully) find substitutes to NLA clips and fixings. And yes, he used to have a 205.

Not been there in a while as it's miles out of my way now Sad
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
See you next Tuesday was mentioned.... After he argued with me on how to operate service box
(25-04-2016, 08:02 PM)Alan_M Wrote:
(25-04-2016, 07:37 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: I used to go to Peugeot Wokingham until I called the parts bloke a lady garden.

But did you actually call him a 'lady garden' or did the word 'fanny' come out?

Newbury Peugeot is the best one I've been too. Anthony clearly sweetened the parts bloke up with something.....the chap is fairly keen on his 205s. Never, ever go to Marshalls Peugeot in Pangbourne!

I digress.....I've got the SNR bearing numbers somewhere for the beam.

Try this..

https://eshop.ntn-snr.com/en/KS559-08-688678.html

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SNR-Mounting-ax...entries*=0

I'll bear Newbury in mind
Thanks given by:
Well got to say big thumbs up to neat autos!

[Image: 20160430_130450_zpsb5ttn3cu.jpg]

[Image: 20160430_130455_zpsrsbmfmp9.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Do you guys use the foam type gasket when putting the ARB end plates on and do you get them from the dealers?
Thanks given by:
This is one reason why I won't use anything but genuine parts so much miss and match aftermarket parts out there.
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
(30-04-2016, 04:55 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: Do you guys use the foam type gasket when putting the ARB end plates on and do you get them from the dealers?

Yes and yes. Those foam seal/gaskets are important at preventing water ingress into the beam. AFAIK the dealer is the only place for them and certainly its where I get them... bloody expensive for what they are though!
Thanks given by:
Tom Fenton was doing them
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear beam ...the good and the bad Mighty306 35 15,031 23-07-2020, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Rear Beam Pgtips 1 1,346 26-06-2020, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Rear beam rebuild MOK 21 6,422 18-03-2019, 03:40 PM
Last Post: MOK