2.2 hdi air box and maf

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.2 hdi air box and maf
The answer is actually kinda in my post - from what I see its a confusion over airmass rate over time vs the current cylinder charge mass... One goes up as RPMs increase, the other stays constant for the same boost level (ish... Depends on the engine's Volumetric efficiency)

You don't get more accuracy between the 2.0/2.2 sensor, the accuracy is the same - it just enables the OEM to use a physically larger sensor housing whilst keeping the same resolution and compatibility between ECU software variants.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(25-10-2016, 05:12 AM)Poodle Wrote: It's not a lot different size-wise, just the shape is not so ideally suited to the space available.

Looking online for a replacement air filter it says it fits the xantia as well as a c5 2.2 which leads myself to believe the filter size/surface area is the same? So therefore it is bigger?
Thanks given by:
Also is the maf and airbox we are discussing out of a 307 hdi or a 2.2 c5?
Thanks given by:
(25-10-2016, 07:03 PM)boggs Wrote:
(25-10-2016, 05:12 AM)Poodle Wrote: It's not a lot different size-wise, just the shape is not so ideally suited to the space available.

Looking online for a replacement air filter it says it fits the xantia as well as a c5 2.2 which leads myself to believe the filter size/surface area is the same? So therefore it is bigger?

Read that back to yourself and rephrase if you can, because from here it looks like you've gone full derp lol. "It is the same size therefore bigger"...? Rofl

The maf we are discussing is fitted to some 110 8vs and the 2.2, various vehicles.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(26-10-2016, 05:39 AM)Poodle Wrote:
(25-10-2016, 07:03 PM)boggs Wrote:

Read that back to yourself and rephrase if you can, because from here it looks like you've gone full derp lol. "It is the same size therefore bigger"...? Rofl

The maf we are discussing is fitted to some 110 8vs and the 2.2, various vehicles.

Yes bigger than the standard 306 airbox
Thanks given by:
Hold the filters next to each other, iirc the 306 one is slightly wider at the front where the xantia one is a touch longer. The net gain in size is slim to none. If i'm thinking of the right air filter that is.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(27-10-2016, 06:29 AM)Poodle Wrote: Hold the filters next to each other, iirc the 306 one is slightly wider at the front where the xantia one is a touch longer. The net gain in size is slim to none. If i'm thinking of the right air filter that is.

I don't have a standard hdi filter to test if anyone has one lying about can they measure its area for me please. Also I may be able to source a airflow meter from an auto c5 2.2 hdi is this the correct airflow meter that use are discussing if it is the bigger version? I will messure it.

Thanks for your reply
Thanks given by:
Read the thread dude, it's been demonstrated that the maximum measured flow is almost identical between the two mafs, so it's no real upgrade.

I'll try and remember to stick a tape measure across the standard filter for you tomorrow. Smile
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
It's not necessarily proven, I was just opening discussion about the subject... But then a discussion about the size of Xantia air filters started.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by: