Things people say

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things people say
Place for all the funny things that people say to us when trying to show off

For example one of my bro in laws workmates telling me that the most powerful 306 peugeot made was a gti6 with 130bhp and 5 gears lol and then argued the point even though I own one

Also the same guy who told me he built a 405 dt with 240bhp running on throttle bodies lol

What you got?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Oh this is awesome. Im going to record my apprentice so you can here some of his shit lol
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
if you go on any Honda forum they will all be raging about how they have massive torque when the Vtec kicks in... between 8 and 8500rpm!
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
You mean people talking bollocks?
2001 BMW 330Ci
2012 VW High Up
1988 205 GTi 1.6
1990 205 Mi16
Thanks given by:
Most common phrase around here is "eard' it don't spin!".
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
What about my bud with his 1.2 corsa which used to out drag gti's back in "the day" or his new vitara 1.6 petrol which can easily embarrass german saloons?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
vitara in Low ratio 4x with the fronts unlocked and it'll cock a front wheel off the line and be up to 50 before most vehicles get into second..
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
A guy I used to work with hold me he used to have a skyline(even though he's never had a licence ) witch he did 200 down 30 mph road in town .

I could literally write a book of all shit his said over the 2 months I've had to work with him.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Years ago when I had my first DT, a guy at work told me about 5 times I needed to put some injector cleaner in to stop it smoking as "that's what my dad does with his van" despite me telling him each time why it was smoking.
Thanks given by:
(22-04-2016, 10:04 AM)toseland Wrote: vitara in Low ratio 4x with the fronts unlocked and it'll cock a front wheel off the line and be up to 50 before most vehicles get into second..

What about a bogo standard 15 plate fwd vitara with no 4x anything and no diff locks? And a standard 1.6 petrol lump? lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(22-04-2016, 10:04 AM)toseland Wrote: vitara in Low ratio 4x with the fronts unlocked and it'll cock a front wheel off the line and be up to 50 before most vehicles get into second..

Ha yes! Rofl That's made the lads at work laugh like f*ck.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Chap looking at my Megane ...

"Is that a William's...?"
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Had so many ridiculous car related things said to me over the years but one of the classics had to be the guy that walked away from buying my Renault 5 GT turbo because it wasn't fuel injected like all the other ones he had seen. Ummmm Okay then.

Just thought of another one - A mate of mine back in the early 90's took pride in telling me how his cavalier sri would spin the back wheels in 1st and second gear.. He continued to argue the toss after we both put out heads under the back of the car while i asked him to show me where the diff and driveshafts were.
Thanks given by:
I knew my car was being sold on behalf of a Judy, so the guy sits in the passenger side, rubs his hands off the dash and tells me: "It´s really nice in here, y´know, Judy´s a clean girl...(!).

There goes any chance of her knocking a few quid off in return for payment in kind!
Thanks given by:
Warners Peugeot in Gloucester told me point blank they never made a 306 rallye, both parts and service managers.

My old car came from that dealership...
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
(22-04-2016, 10:25 PM)adam b Wrote: Warners Peugeot in Gloucester told me point blank they never made a 306 rallye, both parts and service managers.

Thats genuinely shocking and concerning.

I've had a boss tell me I have to fit a HG within 30minutes of removing the packaging or it will go off...genuine true story. Muppet

Can we include all the idiotic stuff I see on FB? Or get asked via FB messenger?
I've dropped the app now as i couldnt hack it...plus reality check of life and time wasting.

But seriously, I have to wonder how some of these people were the fastest swimmers
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
This is more like wat people have rang my work looking there has been many stupid calls but 2 rescent one's are guy rings looking a set of break pads like would u nt just get new one's lol love this one second hand timing belt :-# 

My answer noooooooo! 

Like how tight do u need to be ta nt put a new one on

Lol
Thanks given by:
(22-04-2016, 10:27 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(22-04-2016, 10:25 PM)adam b Wrote: Warners Peugeot in Gloucester told me point blank they never made a 306 rallye, both parts and service managers.

Thats genuinely shocking and concerning.

I've had a boss tell me I have to fit a HG within 30minutes of removing the packaging or it will go off...genuine true story. Muppet

Can we include all the idiotic stuff I see on FB? Or get asked via FB messenger?
I've dropped the app now as i couldnt hack it...plus reality check of life and time wasting.

But seriously, I have to wonder how some of these people were the fastest swimmers

That's a good one lol, crack on with the FB stuff there's always hilarious people on there.

You know peugeot never made a 306 rallye surely? I thought everyone knew that it's just a low spec gti6 [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(23-04-2016, 08:59 AM)pioneer DJ paddy Wrote: This is more like wat people have rang my work looking there has been many stupid calls but 2 rescent one's are guy rings looking a set of break pads like would u nt just get new one's lol love this one second hand timing belt :-# 

My answer noooooooo! 

Like how tight do u need to be ta nt put a new one on

Lol

You no speak english?
Thanks given by:
Well never was good in school lol wats English am from Ireland lol :-)
Thanks given by:
One lad at a car meet about two years ago told me his ph1 d turbo was mapped Rofl
Thanks given by:
I had a 106 1.5NAD that was mapped! ....mapped here

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Selling a set of tyres atm. Had a guy ring ask if they were for alloy wheels or steel wheels. When i sainthey would fit either. Aporently they wont his mate told him
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2016, 03:48 PM)cully Wrote: I had a 106 1.5NAD that was mapped! ....mapped here

Hahahaha
Thanks given by:
One that pisses me off alot is people saying theyer 320d is fast as f*ck, all because theyer torque is really high compared to a car that lets say has 300bhp. They seam to think they will beat it even if the petrol driver has the right revs.

I've had loads of arguments with people, that the petrol has like 200 torque and the diesel has 300, that means the diesel accelerates faster -.-
Thanks given by:
I cant even remember most of the lie's I've heard, especially about cars.

The one I heard the other week was "I remapped my gold tdi myself, now it has 280bhp"
Thanks given by:
not so long ago i heard "my car redlined at 147mph" a month later "i've fitted a new exhaust system and had a remap and got the car of the clock (160mph)"
an exhaust and remap can't change the gearbox limit :/
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2016, 08:25 PM)P-Courty Wrote: not so long ago i heard "my car redlined at 147mph" a month later "i've fitted a new exhaust system and had a remap and got the car of the clock (160mph)"

Hahahaha this all the time!

Supposedly someone had their car mapped and they came back saying how amazing the remap was because the engine now revs lower at 70mph... lol!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I've had people argue with me about revving diesels past 4k. Argue the death out of it, saying there is absolutely no point, it's to no benefit, and there will just be absolutely no power made. Love the satisfaction of proving this wrong though, tickling the lady lips of the gapey large juicer with some top end diesel supply and open muzzle hehe ThumbsUp
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(27-04-2016, 09:23 AM)Ruan Wrote:
(26-04-2016, 08:25 PM)P-Courty Wrote: not so long ago i heard "my car redlined at 147mph" a month later "i've fitted a new exhaust system and had a remap and got the car of the clock (160mph)"

Hahahaha this all the time!

Supposedly someone had their car mapped and they came back saying how amazing the remap was because the engine now revs lower at 70mph... lol!

I'll put my hands up , I fell for this one when I first got my 306 mapped all them years ago. Learnt alot since then lol

Think my recent favourite was "my astra vxr is really good in the twistys"
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by: