Cyclone Tyres

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted: Cyclone Tyres
Anyone got some for sale? Preferably 55 profiles but may take 50s.

Noticed some pretty bad tread cracking on two of mine this evening so could do with changing them really but not got the budget for new atm!

OR a px with some 'clones with decent tyres maybe?

Cheers
Tom
Thanks given by:
So...

Actually 195/55/15 tyres? Don't think cyclones need specific tyres
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Well I 'want' 195 55 15. But knowing the cheapskates on here they'll all be 50 profiles, and beggars can't be choosers... But that would've been far too long for a title. lol
Thanks given by:
Well I would have PS3's in 55 profile IF THEY DID THEM, not being cheap that the tyres I want in the size I can get them happen of be half the price of the equivalent..
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
So, has anyone got any cyclones with tyres, even just a pair? Otherwise I'll have to spend £80 on a new pair in the uncomfortable, lost in the arches profile as the tread cracks are getting worse! Confused Plus the Proxes are awful in the wet, much ABS needed yesterday, big brakes are pointless when the tyres have no grip! Dodgy

[Image: IMG_20160426_103047751_HDR_zpszgc5eef6.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That cracking is fine. Drive on man.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Well I wouldn't say it's fine. Would you say it's safe/legal for now though? Those larger cracks have opened up in the 2 weeks I've had it, not so fussed about the tiny ones but don't really want treads coming off at speed. Confused
Thanks given by:
(28-04-2016, 08:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Well I wouldn't say it's fine.  Would you say it's safe/legal for now though?  Those larger cracks have opened up in the 2 weeks I've had it, not so fussed about the tiny ones but don't really want treads coming off at speed. Confused

I've driven on a lot worse with a welded diff, not being forgiving. 

I'd personally drive on if it were mine..
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
eBay? I think I got a pair of Bridgestone 55's delivered for £45. Part worn but still 5mm+ I believe.
Thanks given by:
got some 205 50 Dunlop SP Sports that have had sod all wear, much closer to a 195 55 than a 195 50.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
eBay is a very good shout Tom! Plenty cheap used tyres on there, or get some cheap but decent 50's new (rainsport 3s)
Thanks given by:
Rainsports aren't great, I would've gone for Dunlop sport bluresponse if buying new, have them on the focus and can't fault them, and it's not like I'm easily pleased lol!! However that's still 80 quid that I'd rather avoid, especially as 50s look daft and are uncomfortable.

Mei, do 205s scrub on the front, guess it's 40mm down. If not, pm me a price, theyll be more comfortable and fill out the arches better. Smile
Thanks given by:
never tried them myself im afraid, but i do recall AdamB having a 205 width on 16"s without rubbing.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Hmm, I'll just tag Adam in this thread and ask...oh wait... Tongue

I wouldn't think they'll fit the rear but I can't see any issues on the front tbh. Willing to give it a go if they're cheap though, PM me a price if you've got one. Smile
Thanks given by:
I run 205's on my 16's and have no scrubbing event with a slightly cambered beam
Thanks given by:
205/45/16' will fit without issues
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(15-05-2016, 09:24 PM)toseland Wrote: 205/45/16' will fit without issues

I know, had some uncomfortable Airaines with annoying spacers back in the day... lol However these are 205/50/15. Wink

I won't be having these though as the '6 has literally cleared me out, if anyone else wants them, feel free. Smile
Thanks given by:
i think ive got a pair of 55 budgets on my spare set of clones. you can have those once theyre removed.
Thanks given by:
The '6 is going anyway, this thread might as well be closed! I know Toseland likes digging up old threads recently. lol
Thanks given by: