1999 HDI 76K

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1999 HDI 76K
Im fully aware its just an old Peugeot at the end of the day but feel its got to be worth more than the usual 100k+ mile stuff you see on ebay. I no some people say low mileage cars are no better than motorway mile cars, and I agree  if they have only got like 3 or 4 services but if looked after and serviced regularly id choose a low mileage car any day of the week, and seeing that this car has only cost me 2 sets of front discs and pads (apart from all the things ive chosen to do to it) I don't think im far wrong to be honest. Im 100% confidant it will fly though any MOT or inspection as I regularly check it over and happen to be an MOT tester myself so keep make sure its up to scratch.

Spec:

1999 306 Hdi Meridian
76,000 Miles with Full Service History - About 18 services in book.
Jac Mech Stage 1.5 Map
Large FMIC
Boost Gauge Fitted into centre Vent
De-Cat
De-EGR
Lowered Approx 60mm All Round
Hoffman Center Pipe
Mid to Back Box Mod
New Tarox G88 discs and new pads (less than 3k ago)
Upgraded to 307 Crank Pulley
Smoothed Front end (not perfect but still looks good)
Custom 1 Off Smoothed Bonnet Bra
Debadged Rear
16" Borbet A - Direct Fit. Genuine wheels not replicas
Flat or Embossed Center Caps - Both Genuine Borbet items
Upgraded door speakers and tweeters.
Rear quarters inspected for rust, none at all, so cleaned, dried and undersealed to protect for future.
Like a 2 year old car underneath, no rust or anything - wouldn't think it was 16 year old.

Ive had the car since 21000 miles and its never missed a beat. if you want trouble free motoring at low cost its the ideal car.

When I got the car it had just had the timing belt and water pump replaced so this isn't due for at least another year iirc. 

Bodywork has some marks but for a 17year old car id class it as very good condition and I'm quite picky. The worst point on the car would be the bonnet. The front edge isn't too good but that's why I got the smooth bonnet bra. Once fitted it hides it all and looks better.

Selling reluctantly due to needing a bigger car due to new baby, son and a big dog to cart round.

Really don't want to sell as i know i won't get another car that will do 40mpg and not break down but needs must.

[Image: 20160417_174335_zpsvzmo9wa5.jpg]
[Image: 20160417_174310_zps1nxpzoin.jpg]
[Image: 20160417_174328_zpswklgqjjt.jpg]

Wont give it away would rather keep it
Thanks given by:
Please state a price as per club rules. Great ad though!
Thanks given by:
I don't no.

Probably be laughed out of here but with wheels and what any extras I have around here I'm going to say 1500. Pure and simply because yea it's old but how much do you have to spend to get a newer car that will do this mpg and be as reliable and cheap to run and if it needs it repair.

I've looked around before I bought my new car and I struggled to find anything.
Thanks given by:
People are always going to make you an offer and beat you down. As long as youve stated a reasonably sensible price youve met forum rules. Maybe a price with and without wheels may help people out a bit if youve got some spare cyclones or something to go on?
Thanks given by:
intrested in the wheels if you sell them i got a spare set i can swap with cash ur way
Thanks given by:
No-one will laugh at you however that is an extremely keen price for a 17 year old car. You'd be much better off returning it to completely standard and lowering the price to reflect it.. Someone will want a nice clean original low miles base rather than one that may not suit their taste.

If you're asking £1500 as it is, you will have to wait a considerable time for a sale IMO.

GLWTS nonetheless.
Thanks given by:
Yea wasn't expecting people snatching my hand off.

My trouble is I don't really want to sell. I've had the car nearly 5 years and I've only ever had to replace the brakes. Nothing has gone wrong. I no once it's gone I'll regret it.

If I don't get any serious interest I'll park it up and use it when I don't need such a huge baby seats in a year or so haha
Thanks given by:
not really helping you sell it but i've raised two boys in 306's, one is now 10 and the other 3, never had a problem myself, they do have bigger boots than a lot of other cars for pushchairs etc . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Haha yeah... 1 of reasons I don't want to sell. The travel system the other half has bought is huge but should only last 12 months then I can get a normal sized car seat and a fold away pushchair.

But at the moment I'm struggling and that's without getting the dog in Sad
Thanks given by:
Any interest ignoring the price?
Thanks given by:
(19-04-2016, 08:35 PM)ct-hdi Wrote: Any interest ignoring the price?

so . . . .  . .  . if you're giving her away, i'll definitely take her :Big Grin  does look a very clean car, good for someone that wants a really good example.
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Thanks it is a tidy motor... mechanically great just hope someone appreciates it
Thanks given by:
Is this the car we did the front mount on all those years ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Yea still that one
Thanks given by:
Where are you and would you consider selling it without the wheels?
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
In Wakefield West Yorkshire and yea can sell on standard wheels
Thanks given by:
Saw you I think other week in carwash
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
Quite possibly
Thanks given by:
How much would you be looking for without the wheels?
Thanks given by:
950 on swallows with 6/7mm
Thanks given by:
Just noticed its on Gumtree, steal at 1200, would you break/sell the good bits and sell as a standard ish car?
Thanks given by:
Shame no one else wants to offer more than 800 quid.

To be honest I haven't got time to be breaking it, I've got a 4 week old here and back to work now so any time I get off I'm spending it with her...

Most I want to do is swap wheels. Someone buy it from me to break it haha
Thanks given by:
Should just keep it then, sounds like a good reliable car!
Thanks given by:
Yeah sometimes it's worth more to you. I love my pug. I've spent more on it than its worth. I wouldn't sell it because even though it's mint and reliable. No welding. And engine is perfect. I know I'd struggle to get over 350 if I sold it. But if the mot is under 300 then I'd still fix it. As I know all the bits I've replaced. It's sad really but second hand cars are just really cheap. But a good one is worth keeping. I've had enough lemons.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Yea true. Well I know people will be reluctant to pay a lot But I'd rather keep it than sell for peanuts
Thanks given by:
Yeah I don't blame you. If your not worried about waiting you might get more though. Some people do appreciate a good pug. 😀

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Deposit left Sad
Thanks given by:
Sold Smile
Thanks given by:
Did u sell with the wheels?
Thanks given by:
Sold it all to a lad on here. He got a progress thread running
Thanks given by: