Dreadful Handling

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dreadful Handling
They're not that cheap, sure I paid like paid £40 for mine on the same mileage without shocks 4 years ago lol. But they are cheaper than new, and obviously don't need any compressing which is a huge bonus! The springs are 30mm. As has been explained in your thread, you won't get stiffer standard height springs, Eibachs are the best for comfort and handling and the lowest amount of drop (ie highest ride) you'll find.

Start parking properly (reverse in, pull out) and enjoy a decent suspension set up. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
While all my stuff is being done I am going to get a pair of wheel bearings as one is definitely rumbling on the front. Are SKF a good brand of wheel bearing?
Thanks given by:
Skf are decent bearings yeah.

I just ordered up a pair of ball joints for my estate as got the powerflex bushes to fit on some arms so thought i may as well do the ball joints as well. Interesting bit is though mine are different part number to yours. Here's the link for mine

http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/ball-joi...BJ731.html

They machine up to the oe number for my car on service box. Dunno why they are different to yours though as i always thought there were just 2 different ball joints for 306s and there were 16mm or 18mm.
Thanks given by:
Good good Smile

And well there looks to be no difference at all there haha. Is yours a phase 1?

I have found that rather than using Febi control arms I can get TRW ones with the ball joints already built on as well which is good.
Thanks given by:
No its for my phase 3 estate
Thanks given by:
Weird that is haha. Can't be much difference at all. Might be just a technicality with the numbers because they look identical tbf
Thanks given by:
(30-04-2016, 11:10 AM)Frosty Wrote: They machine up to the oe number for my car on service box. Dunno why they are different to yours though as i always thought there were just 2 different ball joints for 306s and there were 16mm or 18mm.

No, there are also PAS and non-PAS BJ's as well (for both sizes). Non-PAS BJs are shorter to give less camber for an easier steer iirc.
Thanks given by:
Just noticed on Mister-Auto I can get a gates thermostat as well Smile which is a bonus
Thanks given by:
(30-04-2016, 12:36 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(30-04-2016, 11:10 AM)Frosty Wrote: They machine up to the oe number for my car on service box. Dunno why they are different to yours though as i always thought there were just 2 different ball joints for 306s and there were 16mm or 18mm.

No, there are also PAS and non-PAS BJ's as well (for both sizes).  Non-PAS BJs are shorter to give less camber for an easier steer iirc.

Hmm interesting to know. Though I think I have only ever come across 1 306 without power steering.

Just a bit interesting why there different part numbers for both phase 3 HDi's
Thanks given by:
Yep had that issue before, non pas BJ's brings the track in by 5mm-ish each side basically getting rid of negative camber.
Also zx differ from memory as well as berlingo
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Estate handling mods Tabbiss 2 1,811 24-10-2019, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Scary rear handling! plugy 11 4,075 15-06-2018, 12:37 AM
Last Post: plugy
  Handling on a worn out rear beam? JTaylor2005 11 3,436 10-08-2015, 04:26 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005