Small progress...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small progress...
Finally managed to find myself another phase 1 dt, I will try my very best not to f*ck this one up! 

Randomly logged onto here the other day and saw JJ0063s for sale thread, and after following various project threads of the car decided I wanted it.
Persuaded a mate to take me the 4-4.5 hour drive up to norfolk to pick it up, leaving at 3.30am... got up there trouble free, instantly fell in love with the car, had a quick look over and handed over the money!
2 hours into the journey home the temperature starts creeping up...  in the 50mph average speed limit with no hard shoulder. Fuuuck. Turned on the fans and it dropped back down, reached around 100 before any hard shoulder appeared so we pulled over...
[Image: image1_zpsls56sbit.jpg]
Had a fag and contemplated life for 10 minutes and let her cool down and assess the situation... right hand side of the rad had a leak, didn't have any water and both needed a piss so desperate times and all that. Then  realised there was a perfectly good crystal clear puddle/pond lower down the embankment (not ideal I know) anyway, got her up to level and limped her onto the next garage, got some radweld (pikey I know) and jammed that in, bled the system and topped up coolant and hoped for the best. All seemed well so cruised on back another 2 hours and made it home, no more coolant loss and no more overheating. 

[Image: image2_zpsuq8aumtm.jpg]

Plans;
New rad. 
New aux tensioner 
Sort out key as its pretty manky. 
Possibly start building a more serious engine out of the old XUD lump still sat in the sigma in the yard. 
FMIC.
Play with the bosch pump a bit (if anyone has any info to whats actually been done to this one, would be much appreciated!)
New wheels...
Possibly a bit lower.
General tidy up!

All in all I'm dead happy to be back in a 306.. and it was well worth the 11 hour journey! Cheers JJ
Thanks given by:
(16-04-2016, 08:46 PM)laurence_13 Wrote: Plans;
Drain the urine out of it

EFA
Thanks given by:
(16-04-2016, 08:52 PM)zx_volcane Wrote:
(16-04-2016, 08:46 PM)laurence_13 Wrote: Plans;
Drain the urine out of it

EFA

Rofl thats also on the list...
Thanks given by:
Can't believe he sold it already!

Also this might help you

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=22383

Curts old project thread
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(16-04-2016, 09:29 PM)Matt Wrote: Can't believe he sold it already!

Also this might help you

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=22383

Curts old project thread

Me neither.. good for me though,
Ideal cheers!
Thanks given by:

In all fairness I told Ross it was a stop gap when I purchased it & I didn't sell it for a penny more than I paid for it Smile

But I did think I'd have it longer but didn't know I'd have the mini back on the road so soon!

Laurence, Ross has another key for this which I'm sure he said the remote locking works with.. I'll either forward it on to you or get him to post it straight to you.

Will be keeping a close eye on this as you know I love it! Can't believe the radiator as I said I must have put 700 miles at least on it without needing to top it up.. Must have just been a weak spot that let go as you got that far before it went!

Look after it Smile
Thanks given by:
(16-04-2016, 09:35 PM)JJ0063 Wrote:

In all fairness I told Ross it was a stop gap when I purchased it & I didn't sell it for a penny more than I paid for it Smile

But I did think I'd have it longer but didn't know I'd have the mini back on the road so soon!

Laurence, Ross has another key for this which I'm sure he said the remote locking works with.. I'll either forward it on to you or get him to post it straight to you.

Will be keeping a close eye on this as you know I love it! Can't believe the radiator as I said I must have put 700 miles at least on it without needing to top it up.. Must have just been a weak spot that let go as you got that far before it went!

Look after it Smile

Ideal, central locking does work on this one if you press it in the right spot... If you could that'd be great though. 
Honestly - no hard feelings about the rad, just one of them things. Im chuffed to bits with it. If/when it comes to me selling it I'll give you a message first. 

Ill try my best!
Thanks given by:
Before Curt, Emma owned it.

Link to its resurrection after being sat for some time.

http://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread....3pid277720

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 306oc_zpsf2d249a4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Good lad!

Nothing against JJ but selling a car with a leaky radiator is a bit of a sh1t move when you've got a 4 hour drive home.

Unless he made you aware in which case you should of prepared a little better. Tongue
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
It wasn't leaking when I sold it hence it making it to London before it started leaking/getting warm lol. Id like to think people know me well enough to know I'm very honest.. I've sold cars to lots of people on here Smile
Thanks given by:
He didn't know and that's probably the furthest the car has gone in a while!

Puddle and piss for coolant... That's just the worst.
Thanks given by:
(19-04-2016, 11:31 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: It wasn't leaking when I sold it hence it making it to London before it started leaking/getting warm lol. Id like to think people know me well enough to know I'm very honest.. I've sold cars to lots of people on here Smile

#SoldAsSeen

Life's a b1tch isn't it Wink 

One of the BMW's I bought a few months back dropped almost all of its oil upon pulling into my yard. Sh1t happens I suppose.

Looks like a mint DTurbo though! I would of been interested few years back!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(19-04-2016, 11:04 AM)Fozzy Wrote: Before Curt, Emma owned it.

Link to its resurrection after being sat for some time.

http://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread....3pid277720

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfect thats saved me some digging! thankyou!

(19-04-2016, 11:11 AM)silverzx Wrote: Good lad!

Nothing against JJ but selling a car with a leaky radiator is a bit of a sh1t move when you've got a 4 hour drive home.

Unless he made you aware in which case you should of prepared a little better. Tongue

I genuinely don't think he would've known anything about it I should've prepared better anyway... teach me for next time! 

(19-04-2016, 11:31 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: It wasn't leaking when I sold it hence it making it to London before it started leaking/getting warm lol. Id like to think people know me well enough to know I'm very honest.. I've sold cars to lots of people on here Smile

I'm honestly not worried! Happy to be back in a phase one, thankyou for selling her to me. 

(19-04-2016, 11:33 AM)Eeyore Wrote: He didn't know and that's probably the furthest the car has gone in a while!

Puddle and piss for coolant... That's just the worst.

I didn't really have any other options and it was a very temporary fix... and having a spare engine back here I just wanted to get back. 

(19-04-2016, 11:54 AM)silverzx Wrote:

#SoldAsSeen

Life's a b1tch isn't it Wink 

One of the BMW's I bought a few months back dropped almost all of its oil upon pulling into my yard. Sh1t happens I suppose.

Looks like a mint DTurbo though! I would of been interested few years back!

Certainly is! It's really nice - needs a bit of love here and there but nothing that can't be handled.

Got up nice and early Sunday - Nicked the Aux tensioner off the old car to put onto the new one.. after crashing the old one its pulled the wing in enough to be rubbing on the alternator pulley so I'm pretty sure I'd never of got that one straight again. Got the car up on the 'ramp' and put the Aux tensioner on, much quieter but still needs a new one i think. Took off the mirror caps to put on the new one as the old ones were flaking and cracked pretty bad, new mist jets as the ones fitted were washing the bottom of my windscreen and that was about it, fitted a stereo into it, swapped the front door speakers over and gave it a good steam clean under the bonnet. 

[Image: IMG_2149_zpsxalhd7pw.jpg]

Got my trailer test coming up soon which should push progress on a bit as I can take the old car and take everything out I want... undecided whether I want to go back to the ph1 doorcards or not yet, but engine will be coming out so I can give that a good clean up, rebuild, put on a spare bosch pump I've got about and get that up together ready to go into the new one. Havent done much reading yet but probably going to go down the td04 route, VNT seems a hell of a lot of time and effort. 

before:
[Image: IMG_2150_zpspitetv2y.jpg]

After:
[Image: IMG_2154_zpszhywsf5o.jpg]

Need to sort out the rust on the roof again as thats bubbling through - just going to prep and spray the whole roof I think to save having to blend in across the panel. Need to get a quote on getting the speedlines done to take all the kerbing out and then they might go on it... I did like the look of the ultralite/xxr's curt had on it for a while, We'll see. Not a fan of the tow strap either so that will be coming off. Need to sort some pressed plates too.
Thanks given by:
Good stuff mate, good to see you back in a dt Smile
Thanks given by:
Shweet to see still about.

My mate and I been then and used good old preheated human fluids to get us by in his rally car
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(19-04-2016, 07:39 PM)Frosty Wrote: Good stuff mate, good to see you back in a dt Smile

Cheers man! It's so good to be back Smile

(19-04-2016, 08:09 PM)Piggy Wrote: Shweet to see still about.

My mate and I been then and used good old preheated human fluids to get us by in his rally car

Didn't realise how long it's been on the forum! 

Haha... it worked!

If anyone can link me to the LDA grind section of bosch pump tuning would be much appreciated - I'm getting a error 404 up instead
Thanks given by:
Quick change of hands I see!

Nice to see this getting some love. I didn't neglect it when I had it, always had what it needed but I never got round to tidying up the little bits you're giving it now! I would of loved to have more time and money when she was in my ownership but between uni, moving and new grad job I never had the time.

She regularly had long journeys in my ownership, between Surrey and Devon, Surrey and Oxford, and before I found a place in Shoreham-by-Sea where I now live, I did the 55 mile (each way!) commute for a month down the M25/M23.

There key I gave Jordan is the one that works with the remote, the other one never did. Needs to be pointed right at the receiver by the rear view mirror or it won't have it.

In between moving house I've misplaced the other key - I'm sure it's about somewhere and if I find it I'll let you know. Like I said, never worked on the remote though.

Ross
Thanks given by:
(27-04-2016, 09:50 PM)hotrodjacko Wrote: Quick change of hands I see!

Nice to see this getting some love. I didn't neglect it when I had it, always had what it needed but I never got round to tidying up the little bits you're giving it now! I would of loved to have more time and money when she was in my ownership but between uni, moving and new grad job I never had the time.

She regularly had long journeys in my ownership, between Surrey and Devon, Surrey and Oxford, and before I found a place in Shoreham-by-Sea where I now live, I did the 55 mile (each way!) commute for a month down the M25/M23.

There key I gave Jordan is the one that works with the remote, the other one never did. Needs to be pointed right at the receiver by the rear view mirror or it won't have it.

In between moving house I've misplaced the other key - I'm sure it's about somewhere and if I find it I'll let you know. Like I said, never worked on the remote though.

Ross

Hopefully she'll get a fair bit of tidying up its just getting time you know! Fairly well travelled then!

Yeah I've got the key sorted now, if you find the other it would be good though Smile went to recase the one I've got into my old ph1 fob and it wouldn't have it... This one has a chip in it the old one never used to.

Anyway, put a different lda pin in that's been ground and she's going a fair bit better just needs a bit of setting up as I've too much smoke on boost. Still need to chase down the boost leak and I want to sort some gauges in the top glove box... Egt, boost and stuff!

Quick picture before she was cleaned last night.

[Image: ecfe0f637539261e050faf8d6bbe0a50.jpg]

All going well other than that, still need a ph2 drivers window switch panel. Think I'm going to put the original steering wheel back on or mess about with the mounts a bit to try and get a bit less dish on there.

[Image: 6615f99ea460f891a2b3cdea9e37b317.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Change of circumstances means I'm thinking of selling this... If anybody's interested in this or a 108cdi vito let me know!
Thanks given by:
Oh Jesus. Shouldn't have looked at this.

No.
Thanks given by:
(09-08-2016, 09:27 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Oh Jesus. Shouldn't have looked at this.

No.

? you know you want to...
Thanks given by:
Hows the old girl doing these days? Really miss it!
Thanks given by:
Holy thread revival!
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I miss it too.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 Stage 2 HDi Progress/Project. mcglynn 139 67,774 31-12-2018, 02:09 AM
Last Post: Allistairc123
  My Nile 6' Project/Progress (New zorst vid pg.9) Midnightclub 329 124,649 19-08-2017, 08:13 AM
Last Post: Midnightclub
  Jimbos PH1 kingfisher Dturbo ☆turbo progress☆ Jimbo 122 30,918 22-08-2015, 04:59 PM
Last Post: mr_fish