Tom's Nile GTi6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom's Nile GTi6
£10 for 5ltr can cheap i fill a spray bottle and use it on everything from oil spills to tar spots on the car Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Storage is an issue for bulk buying though. I have to buy fluids on a 'just in time' basis atm lol. Could've had some really cheap quick detailer from a valetter mate that makes it if I could buy a huge bottle but just can't store it.

One day I'll have a garage hopefully lol, pita trying to store everything in a wardrobe. lol
Thanks given by:
Store it under the kitchen sink Tom... You have no Mrs telling you what you can and cant do Tongue lol
Thanks given by:
Under the kitchen sink is already full of detailing stuff, bucket, hose, etc. lol
Thanks given by:
Tom, I rent a garage off my local butcher.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(25-05-2016, 10:42 AM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: Tom, I rent a garage off my local butcher.

Well that's his cover story for the blood splashed on the walls anyway... Confused lol

Just want to check if there is any interest in the '6 on here before I spend money putting it on ebay? Don't want to waste half an hour making an ad here when theres already one on gumtree lol. Tongue
Thanks given by:
(20-05-2016, 11:12 PM)Toms306 Wrote: So took this to the retro meet with rowells Rallye tonight and amazingly didn't break down...

Well, except the window wouldn't close when I got there lol...seems to have just been a door loom plug though. lol

Update on the heater issue...  if I set off with the dial on cold, sometimes it will stay cold for the entire trip, if I move to hot then back to cold it stays hot though! Confused. I'm out of ideas there, the panel still doesn't illuminate but the ac and recirc buttons do, and the fan speed control works so it's obv getting power.

Also got some bolt extractors for 2 quid off eBay so may charge up the drill and try to get one of those stuck in the rear arb bolt this weekend.  And see if I've got a washer to put on the strut top nut which is knocking like mad.

I still don't have the v5 yet. Undecided

it could be the wiring/ connection on the dial for the heater system acting up. Not sure how dial system is setup on the 306. But on the rover it uses wire system switch from hot and cold, and to change vents from the window screen. 
it might need cleaning down that's all tom, and spraying with WD40.  
Be something daft mind like that, the fun part would be stripping and access!
Thanks given by:
Just a quick check, have you checked the thermistor in the map reading light bit is ok, plugged in and not covered in shit?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
It's definitely plugged in, I didn't check if it was covered in shit tbf though.
Thanks given by:
So the squeaky blower drove me nuts, relay removed, problem solved. Wink

In other news I now have the V5 (only takes 2 days with the online thing!) so this is properly for sale now. Smile
Thanks given by:
Car is being SORN'd now the month is over. £1200 takes it, no offers.
Thanks given by:
It's gone to it's new home tonight. Smile
Thanks given by:
did you tell them if the bolt comes loose on the speedo housing to hammer it back in Wink
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Is it a forum member?

Thanks given by:
It won't come loose. You only hammer past the first few threads then it tightens normally. I thought you were a mechanic! Tongue

(31-05-2016, 07:33 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: Is it a forum member?

Not sure. He's a well known Peugeot guy and has been to a few 306 meets but not sure if he's actually on here!

His weekend toy is a stripped 205 GTi with a 2.2 bottom end, GTi6 head, performance cams and throttle bodies...
Thanks given by:
How much did it sell for tom?
Thanks given by: 1616six
Looking forward to seeing the newest addition Tom Wink
Thanks given by:
(31-05-2016, 08:10 PM)Eeyore Wrote: How much did it sell for tom?

You already know I swapped it for a feminine hygiene product. Wink
Thanks given by:
Fiesta ST?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(31-05-2016, 08:31 PM)Piggy Wrote: Fiesta ST?

Maybe... Wink
Thanks given by:
Ooohhh. Ford fanatic now.

Easy to mod those! Love the chassis...do need more umph...but easy enough. Inlet change, downpipe and exhaust change and a remap sees them to 170ish bhp.

Also 300mm brake calipers from the mondeo direct fit...

I used to dabble with fords ;-)
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Haha, I'm still firmly a VAG fan really, but do like a decent Ford! lol

I was offered this as a swap and seemed like a decent deal so went for it, don't think I'd have chosen one otherwise though! But I must admit, from a brief run round I was pleasantly surprised by the power from it. Only 150bhp but I guess the lightness makes up for it, not sure, but it certainly doesn't feel 'slow' anyway. Brakes don't feel all that great though, seems to be a Ford thing to put on brakes that are too small for the job lol. lol

It already has a Miltek catback. And I was given the Miltek decat but I probably won't use that as I like staying legal and MOT friendly. I did wonder if it's been mapped but the previous owner never said anything so I would assume not.

I haven't really got much budget at all for this though, the idea was to sell the '6 and get something ~£200 cheaper so I had £200 to spend on it. Not to straight swap with a car that I reckon is worth nearly twice as much but it's funny how things work out lol. So probably won't be modding it further any time soon, unless things up cheaply anyway lol!

I will of course post pictures in an 'other marques' project thread for it when I've cleaned it up a bit. Smile
Thanks given by:
Decent and ford in the same sentence?!

Maybe from the 1980's lol
Thanks given by:
Yeah the ST is still worth a lot more than a gti6.
The elbow pre cat is the most restrictive part of the exhaust system.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(01-06-2016, 07:12 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: Decent and ford in the same sentence?!

Maybe from the 1980's lol

Guess you've not had any modern ones then. Tongue I agree the 90s ones were pretty poor, Mk1 Mondy, Mk1 Focus, Mk4 Fiesta....Eurgh... lol

But I meant decent as in spec, not shitty Studio's, Styles and Zetecs lol, Ford are so stingy with spec unless you buy one with a big engine, high spec and then add a load of options! lol
Thanks given by:
(01-06-2016, 07:44 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I agree the 90s ones were pretty poor, Mk1 Mondy, Mk1 Focus, Mk4 Fiesta....Eurgh... lol

I disagree - whilst the early 90's stuff was a bit dubious, by the late 90's Ford were producing various class leading cars that drove superbly.

Puma, Mk1 Focus, Mk2 Mondeo and whatever that era Fiesta was (Mk5?).... all handled and drove brilliantly.

It's just a shame that they dropped the ball when it came to rust protection, hence the smaller Fords of that era (especially Ka's) being such a problem rot wise now.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Tom, have you got the pre-facelift or facelift version?
Thanks given by:
(01-06-2016, 09:15 AM)powerandtorque Wrote:
(01-06-2016, 07:44 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I agree the 90s ones were pretty poor, Mk1 Mondy, Mk1 Focus, Mk4 Fiesta....Eurgh... lol

I disagree - whilst the early 90's stuff was a bit dubious, by the late 90's Ford were producing various class leading cars that drove superbly.

Puma, Mk1 Focus, Mk2 Mondeo and whatever that era Fiesta was (Mk5?).... all handled and drove brilliantly.

It's just a shame that they dropped the ball when it came to rust protection, hence the smaller Fords of that era (especially Ka's) being such a problem rot wise now.

Each to their own I guess!

Protection is still an issue on them now unfortunately, as well as the sills rusting out before 10 years old they use cheap paint and can't put lacquer on thick enough. The grit/gravel rash on the doors is still awful on the latest Focus and the paint comes off under the sills pretty quick as well still. Mud flaps (like mine has fortunately) do help a bit but it's not ideal, I'm fairly sure the Mk3 Focus will all be as rusty as the Mk1s are now! Even the newest fiestas have paint flaking off around door hinges and boot as well. And they're still full of orange peel from the factory. But then I suppose if you want German paint quality, you have to pay for it!

(01-06-2016, 10:08 AM)Silky Wrote: Tom, have you got the pre-facelift or facelift version?

2008, very late facelift model. It's actually newer than the Focus annoyingly haha.
Thanks given by:
And someone done a straight swap for the GTI6?

Madness, I'd get it cleaned and then sold straight away. Get the extra cash in your pocket.

Full leather?
CD Changer in dash?
Heated seats?
Thanks given by:
Well I guess some people just love old Peugeots lol! Yes it was a straight swap.

Half leather, crappy aftermarket stereo (why can't people leave originals ffs!). Not sure about heated seats, haven't looked!

Now putting a thread up for it with pics.
Thanks given by: