Scotland holiday next week!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scotland holiday next week!
Going to Scotland tomorrow, for a week! A nice little break for me & the fiancée.

Taking the 306 of course. I'm suspecting I'll be doing best part of 2,000 miles in the next 7 days, crazy. I hope the car does me proud!

Anyway, any suggestions on places to see, things to do? We are staying near Fort William, close to Ben Nevis!

No doubt many photos soon! Cool
Thanks given by:
Go see Glenfinnan while you're there, spectacular rail bridge and loch scenery, head over Glencoe for some awesome shots and on the way back head over the ""
dukes pass down through the trossachs national forest! ( EPIC drive)and judging by the flutter of sleet i just had in Glasgow you could still possibly go skiing or boarding
Thanks given by:
(15-04-2016, 04:04 PM)Redordead89 Wrote: Go see Glenfinnan while you're there, spectacular rail bridge and loch scenery, head over Glencoe for some awesome shots and on the way back head over the ""
dukes pass down through the trossachs national forest! ( EPIC drive)and judging by the flutter of sleet i just had in Glasgow you could still possibly go skiing or boarding

Amazing, thanks! Glenfinnan is on my todo list already, not far from Fort William at all! That Dukes Pass looks amazing, I hope the snow holds off enough for me to drive down it without too much hassle! Rofl
Thanks given by:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/hilarywardle/12-....qv3p27rxP
Thanks given by:
If you're up for a challenge and the weathers not too bad id say go up Ben Nevis. The top will still be snowy and it's fun to slide part of the way down on the snow haha. We did it a few years ago in May and weather was beautiful.

From fort William a visit to Inverness is possible, good for shopping etc if not the touristy bits. The famous Loch Ness is on the way.

You'll wanna get over to the isle of Skye as well (that's the one connected via a bridge at Kyle of lochalsh) and visit the Old Man of Storr, an awesome sight if there ever was one.

We do a lot of walks and the highlands are our most favourite places. The scots definitely got the best part of our island!!
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by: Redordead89
(15-04-2016, 09:29 PM)Orta Wrote: If you're up for a challenge and the weathers not too bad id say go up Ben Nevis. The top will still be snowy and it's fun to slide part of the way down on the snow haha. We did it a few years ago in May and weather was beautiful.

From fort William a visit to Inverness is possible, good for shopping etc if not the touristy bits. The famous Loch Ness is on the way.

You'll wanna get over to the isle of Skye as well (that's the one connected via a bridge at Kyle of lochalsh) and visit the Old Man of Storr, an awesome sight if there ever was one.

We do a lot of walks and the highlands are our most favourite places. The scots definitely got the best part of our island!!

If you do end up scaling Ben Nevis be V careful to check all climbing and walking forecasts as there have been quite a few fatalities on the hills over the past few months!
If you fancy a coffee and a tour of the light and dark bits of Glasgow on the way back down give me a shout with a days notice and I'll run you around the city for a couple of hours Smile my postcode is G66 2RJ on the north east tip of Glasgow, 20 miles south of the end of the Dukes pass! Mount your camera on the roof of your car a few miles before you hit the dukes pass please!
There was a thread at the tail end of last year about a UK road trip and there were a few good roads suggested in Scotland so might be worth a read while she's driving!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destin...-Scotland/
Thanks given by:
There will still be snow on Glencoe, the first chairlift up is breathtaking and there is free sledges outside the cafe if you don't want to pay out for ski hire.

I went sledging there on some very wet snow last JULY!!!
Thanks given by:
(15-04-2016, 11:42 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: There will still be snow on Glencoe, the first chairlift up is breathtaking and there is free sledges outside the cafe if you don't want to pay out for ski hire.

I went sledging there on some very wet snow last JULY!!!
This! Smile
Thanks given by:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9xnPvb_A-Kk not condoning anything here but ...
Thanks given by:
Doesn't look like he is trying very hard tbh
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2016, 02:17 PM)toseland Wrote: Doesn't look like he is trying very hard tbh

Yeah I know, being 15 minutes long he must have took in a good run beyond the pass as I watched a scooby chase a focus RS over the same road but shorter and did only "the Dukes pass in 5:20! Absolutely careless though so didn't want to post it,
Thanks given by:
(15-04-2016, 03:51 PM)Dazecoop Wrote: Going to Scotland tomorrow, for a week! A nice little break for me & the fiancée.

Taking the 306 of course. I'm suspecting I'll be doing best part of 2,000 miles in the next 7 days, crazy. I hope the car does me proud!

Anyway, any suggestions on places to see, things to do? We are staying near Fort William, close to Ben Nevis!

No doubt many photos soon! Cool

Hope you having a great week - lookin forward to the pics Smile
Thanks given by:
Thanks to everyone's replies & recommendations! Got here Sunday, car was spot on. Cost me only £50 from Portsmouth to Fort William, 1 tank basically, can't complain!

Taken a bunch of photos already, but here's just a couple from my phone. Going to attempt Ben Nevis today, not counting on getting to summit, but going to do my best! Lol

[Image: 4ce4b4c424ff940e546f6fc224c2cd9e.jpg]

[Image: 7599b67429e168b5e29641c907dc3e2e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Excellent - yeah the 306 turbo D has a genuine 600 mile range Smile,very handy for the long trips even cruising at 75.
Sorry didnt remember to post this earlier - but watch out for speed traps up here and also on the way south on the M74 if you are going that way,there often is a camera van up on a bridge on the southbound .
Thanks given by:
Average speed cameras all the way down the A9 too so dont come back that way!
Good excuse to stick to the oh so scenic West coast Smile
Thanks given by:
Do you golf? theres a cracking little 9 hole course on the beach in Arisaig not too far from where your staying, stunning beaches up there too, if you go to Skye go check out the fairy pools!
Thanks given by:
BEALACH NA BA, PASS OF THE CATTLE!
http://www.scotlandinfo.eu/applecross-be...shieldaig/
Smile If your close enough, go drive this road while your so far north!
just watch for cloud cover on the road! Sad
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  its friday on merseyide, i'm on holiday ! daddyfixit 1 1,341 06-07-2018, 12:30 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  friday and going on holiday........ daddyfixit 6 1,468 29-07-2017, 05:22 PM
Last Post: swampy
  Bank holiday weekend! (Thursday / friday thread!) Matt-Rallye 14 2,738 18-04-2017, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Dave