Light Project GTi6 or Similar

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted: Light Project GTi6 or Similar
Just wondering if anyone's got one tucked at the back of the garage they'll never get round to fixing?

Haven't got a huge budget but looking for something to tinker with for a few weeks then take to local retro meets/chav cruises/weekend thrashes over summer.

Ideally looking for another '6 but considering anything a bit nice/different, doesn't have to be Peugeot either. Must be petrol though!

So yeah, anything about? PM if you'd rather... ninja

Cheers
Tom
Thanks given by:
You feeling okay Tom.....another GTI6? lol
Thanks given by:
Why not?

If I was asking for an XUD you might wanna call the men in white coats... Tongue
Thanks given by:
Because I thought you didnt like your last GTI6 Tom Tongue or has helping Sam with his Rallye tempted you Wink
Thanks given by:
It wasn't that I didn't like it, I just didn't find the 'fun' in it that other people seem to... But I was still at home then, it's a completely different situation now so I'm willing to give it another go!

You are right about working on Rowell's and Bash's 306s recently though, it's made me miss working on cars lol. But I don't want the hassle of working on a daily, and would be nice to have something that I don't have to hide at the retro meets haha.
Thanks given by:
I just drove a GTI6 yesterday for the first time, its no 'funner' than any other 306 in the corners really, its just that engine/gearbox setup! when you really wind them up and change gear it makes them come alive as it hardly drops so your straight back onto the power, they are soo much fun when you ring their necks! Make a good noise too which is a bonus :p Im actually thinking of finding one as a bit of a track project now haha
Thanks given by:
***STILL GRINING***
after rinsing another tank of fuel yesterday in less than 200 miles

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
dont you need a job first?
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2016, 09:45 AM)MY95 Wrote: I just drove a GTI6 yesterday for the first time, its no 'funner' than any other 306 in the corners really, its just that engine/gearbox setup! when you really wind them up and change gear it makes them come alive as it hardly drops so your straight back onto the power, they are soo much fun when you ring their necks! Make a good noise too which is a bonus :p Im actually thinking of finding one as a bit of a track project now haha

This really. The 1.8 was just as fun and it wasnt exactly slow on track. With the 6 it really is that keeping it above 4.5k and shifting up that makes it.

(03-04-2016, 09:54 AM)welshpug Wrote: dont you need a job first?

True. I would probably get a bit more stability in finances and jobs before you plough money into a second car. But if you think you can do it and itll make you happy then who am i to tell you what to do.
Thanks given by:
This isn't a thread about my finances lol. Wink

I haven't touched the money I got from selling the '6 over a year ago (ok, technically I bought the Volvo with it but sold that for slight profit anyway), so why not go for another as long as I keep to budget? Hopefully it'll give me the distraction and incentive I need over the summer. Smile
Thanks given by:
sounds like a good plan then mate. Let me know if you need a hand and talk to me on facebook about specific cars etc. Does your car park count as the actual road or can you have uninsured, untaxed cars in there? Theyre not flat specific are they?
Thanks given by:
Private car park and non allocated spaces, a few people have 2 cars so it's not an issue. Smile
Thanks given by:
Yeah your carpark is decent size and pretty safe

C2 vts saxo vts should be cheap fun and not that bad on fuel.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Can have my 6 for 2k if you want? Plenty to play with? haha
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Lol, as if I could handle supercharger power! Tongue
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2016, 06:27 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Lol, as if I could handle supercharger power! Tongue

Dont worry, with its current misfire its more HDi power, just with the benefit of the noise Tongue
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2016, 03:53 PM)Niall Wrote: Can have my 6 for 2k if you want? Plenty to play with? haha

That's gone down!
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2016, 06:38 PM)Niall Wrote:
(03-04-2016, 06:27 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Lol, as if I could handle supercharger power! Tongue

Dont worry, with its current misfire its more HDi power, just with the benefit of the noise Tongue

Hmm, think I'll pass then. Wink

(03-04-2016, 07:23 PM)Eeyore Wrote:
(03-04-2016, 03:53 PM)Niall Wrote: Can have my 6 for 2k if you want? Plenty to play with? haha

That's gone down!

I don't think it was a serious offer... lol
Thanks given by:
Ton, what's your budget?

Tom even.....
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
Thanks given by:
Considerably less than your Rallye.... lol

Paid £700 for my last GTi6 so somewhere around that. Depends on work needed and collection costs as well though.
Thanks given by:
Tom get a 106 gti so I can have a go!
Thanks given by:
Lol, it's just whatever turns up really.

I missed out on a decent 106 GTi last year when I sold the GTi6, wish I'd bought it now lol! It was owned by the guy that bought Neds old 106 NAD from me. lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wanted: Gauge holder in vents or similar :) Lwilliams 4 1,209 18-04-2016, 11:34 AM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Wanted: Scangauge 2 or Similar td163 0 629 25-08-2015, 12:04 AM
Last Post: td163
  Wanted: 136hp 307 calipers or similar HDi--Power 8 1,930 04-03-2015, 12:07 AM
Last Post: HDi--Power