Peugeot 306 S16 PH1

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peugeot 306 S16 PH1
Hey,

I promise some pictures of my car the famous 306 S16. I'm from Portugal and my car needs alot of care, but with time and money i'll get what i want  Rofl

Thanks given by:
Loving s16. Glad to see some have survived aboard as well. Do you see many of them in Portugal?
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2016, 11:02 AM)Orta Wrote: Loving s16. Glad to see some have survived aboard as well. Do you see many of them in Portugal?

Thank you Blush

Nah you don't see many of them here. I just saw for sale like 2 S16 and I've never seen one running in Portugal. Probably not the same in England ?

I need to change the dash because has the center piece broken. Has alot of electrical problems that need solving, the previous owner didn't take much care of him Angry Angry

The entire A/C unit desnt work.

The cooling system has alot of dirt in it, the car overheats (?) reaches 110ºC then goes back to 97ºC i guess it's the optimal temperature of the car ? Correct me if i'm wrong.

I forget to mention what the car has:

ABS
Alloys (15")
I suspect something done to the ignition timing
SAMCO racing radiator hose
Letter seats
I removed the back wipper and motor (I just like it that way)
It's 2.0 16V
155hp (?)
The roof as a lot of rust because of a leaking antena Nospeak

I'm open for some ideias to the car, like mods
Thanks given by:
I'd restore to mint and replace the wheels with sum black 205 speed lines if you can get them out there? (Its the standard wheels off a 205 GTi), powder coat them black and they look perfect on a phase 1 306.
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2016, 04:49 PM)Orta Wrote: I'd restore to mint and replace the wheels with sum black 205 speed lines if you can get them out there? (Its the standard wheels off a 205 GTi), powder coat them black and they look perfect on a phase 1 306.

I was looking for the original ones, I havent decided yet

Like this ?

Thanks given by:
Yeah those mate, they'll be spot on !!
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Should run around 90 mate, if it's getting that hot something is wrong, are the fans not working?
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(04-04-2016, 11:30 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Should run around 90 mate, if it's getting that hot something is wrong, are the fans not working?

Well that's what i though. The fans seems to be working only at full speed were the car reaches 110ºC then goes back to 97ºC around that i think. The cooling system is full of crap, I have to flush the entire system... Dodgy
Thanks given by:
Sooner the better mate, you're gong to cook something soon at 110 :-o
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(04-04-2016, 02:55 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Sooner the better mate, you're gong to cook something soon at 110 :-o

Yeah you're right indeed. the water is boiling at 110 :| My car is parked outside until i solve that problem to, probably will swallow my wallet ! Nospeak I have to see if i can find something to do over the internet and I have to put the car on my mechanic to change the oil and the waterpump kit.

I'll post a video of the problem.

(04-04-2016, 10:44 AM)Orta Wrote: Yeah those mate, they'll be spot on !!

I agree mate, actually i've never seen a picture of one with that wheels and lowered
Thanks given by:
Well i've seen that the perfert oil is 10w40 right ? I don't have the manuals that's why i'm asking. I want to change the pads what you guys advice of me ?

I'll keep the post updated when i can. I bought the dash Don't know yet when to change it.

I'm searching for an exahaust to, what to look for ?
Thanks given by:
Today was cleanning day !

A few photos, I don't want the post falling on the pit of the devil Nospeak Rofl Rofl

Thanks given by:
Hii

I'm back from my mechanic

I have sorted the fuel leak
Replace the dash and heater "matrix"
I had some noise on the right side of the car, aparently was an engine mount broken
Replace the instrument cluster, but cannot find one to the s16, I put it one from an 1.4 just for now.
Bought the instrument panel for the AC unit and the blower, because I have a problem that the blower just blows at full speed and cannot be controled. It's broken also I don't know what could cause that.

When i have money again I'll do the full service package to the car  Itwasntme

I did some wrap on the fog light pic:

My pug, and my old 306 break Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Well just an update...

I had a problem that the pipes for the heater matrix just came off. And then the car won't start, didn't had any voltage at the pump, and the pump was working ok. With the pump running with another battery the car started and then stalled like there was no more fuel, turns out to be the ignition relay, i belive that the relay operates the fuel injectors to, am i right ?

This was the state of ti, something tried to fixed before, cost me 50€ in Portugal, from Peugeot i belive:

Thanks given by:
Wow is that the brown relay from behind the ecu?
Never seen one like that Sad-
Check all your earths and elec system til you find the issue!
Dirty alternator?
Thanks given by:
(20-05-2016, 12:20 AM)Redordead89 Wrote: Wow is that the brown relay from behind the ecu?
Never seen one like that Sad-
Check all your earths and elec system til you find the issue!
Dirty alternator?

Yes is that brown one.

Well I replaced the relay, until now it didn't break down I hope it stays like this  Dodgy

There is the reference to the relay: 9607540680

Thanks given by:
Well guys just a quick update

I had some cooler fluid coming out of the car from this hose:

I'm waiting for the hose to arrive probably tomorrow, i had to order from peugeot 100€ with some discount i paid 60€ and it comes with the top one too, so i'm replacing that also.

And there is the work for the headliner off to see why the sunroof is suck:

I found that this is like a piece that doesn't stay fixed i dont know if it's missing a piece or not. Can some of you guys help me with a picture of the sunroof rails ? I'm upload tomorrow a picture of my rail and a video too or the sunroof diagram because i cannot acess to peugeot service box.

Many Thanks!
Thanks given by:
Loving the restoration work, fair play for getting properly stuck in!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(23-06-2016, 06:18 AM)Poodle Wrote: Loving the restoration work, fair play for getting properly stuck in!

Thanks mate !

Now that special video that I talked about :

I need some help solving this, since i don't understand nothing of it.
Thanks given by:
Fixed the clock from this:

To this:

Tomorrow is about fixing that leak, already have the hose to change:

Thanks given by:
Well yesterday was day of work into my s16

Have fitted a new hoses

I have replaced the lower radiator hose to, had come in the package and because the car was standing still for a long time I think that changing the water hoses is a good ideia.

In order to remove the bumper on the ph1 s16 was not easy beacuse of acess and limited tools that i have to my disposal.

- To remove you have to remove the wheel arch or do this under the car
- I find that removing the tank reservoir to easy acess to the 3 bolts each side.
- 3 bolts under the bumper
- Lossen 2 bolts inside the bumper 1 each side
- Disconnect the fog light if you have them.
- Then just pull it's french (nice one Piggy)  Blush

I hope more things are coming, feel free to leave you opinion on this project.
Thanks given by:
Just to keep you guys updated. I'm waiting for the timing belt change, I orded some "new" parts:

[Image: 13833005_10209905498224756_1585737159_o....e=579AE130]

- Sunroof
- Plafonier
- Some 307 brakes 283mm, i have to buy the brake caliper after.

Was for cheap so my brother bought it all.

Also I have another water hose leaking, this time I don't know how but it has a cut on the side. And was rubbing agaist the accessories belt, i have to sort that out as well. And hes was the same hose that I replaced a few days later.

Some pics:

[Image: gWwwaTh.jpg]

[Image: aydfwqs.jpg]

[Image: DCc0o2I.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hello guys,

An update as arrived

I did a compression test just to make sure everyting was ok, turns out that in average the car did 13.5 bars is arround 195.8 PSI, was from 12 to 14 bar. What was the original compression ? Was 200 PSI ?
Thanks given by:
My s16 headlights didn't work, only the highbeam, and the low beam didn't work. So i hacked the system to try and find out what was the problem, i found this :

[Image: JzkvVaG.jpg]

That is the bunch of relays, doesn't seem OEM to me, and i kinda blew it all. Now the high beam doesn't work either. That said i'm finding an electrician to sort this out for me. Electricity is not my thing.

So I gave it a wash :

[Image: ZOQF7tV.jpg]

My car spends to much time in the sun so I wax it :     That helps ?

[Image: DB17OOB.jpg]

After the wax:

[Image: kFyHI2B.jpg]

And found my front right wheel was like this :

[Image: loBl0pj.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Bem vindo companheiro Smile
[Image: sign.png]
↑ Project ↑
Thanks given by:
(12-09-2016, 02:10 AM)Seid Wrote: Bem vindo companheiro Smile

Rofl Obrigado Itwasntme !! Já tinha visto o teu 306 e está muito bacano, parabéns !
Thanks given by:
this reminds me of my old phase 1 Dturbo! Nice to see a S16 been sorted out, as there not many left I don't think in the UK. I did nearly get my hands on one for £200 10 years ago. But it wasn't all what it seemed to be, and it would have cost a bomb to insure sadly at the time too.
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2016, 05:14 AM)procta Wrote: this reminds me of my old phase 1 Dturbo!  Nice to see a S16 been sorted out, as there not many left I don't think in the UK. I did nearly get my hands on one for £200 10 years ago. But it wasn't all what it seemed to be, and it would have cost a bomb to insure sadly at the time too.

In Portugal, you dont see this cars everyday they are quite rare.

Well after i purchase this i was kinda of dissapointed a Dturbo was a safe bet i've drive my fathers 306 estate Dturbo and i liked it. But i've stick to the s16 but it gave me some headache as you can see above Confused

I has alot of electrical problems and wires connecters broken. With time and money i hope i can revive this...

To bad i dont have a cave for "him" he spends eveyday in the sun :/
Thanks given by:
Electrical problems are a nightmare! I went through 6 fuses before I found what the problem was.
Thanks given by:
The headlight relay is in the fuse box under the bonnet, common issue with a few 306 relays is they overheat and the contacts don;t make contact anymore or melt
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by: