What do i do.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do i do.
Ok lads, simple question do I keep the metro after the 306 is sorted? Gather parts to rebuild the engine and over haul. or do i call it a day with the car and sell it as a rolling shell, for a base for a MG Metro Cup car? Those run 1.4 16v engines. All they would need to do, is add a cage, and the metro running gear again.
If the car goes, my 306 would take the place for the metro and i would get a new daily.
Thanks given by:
Keep both
Thanks given by:
Sell the metro and go down to one car tbh. 306 mint daily.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Park the metro up if you're fed up with it, go back to it with renewed enthusiasm. I think you'll regret letting it go.
Thanks given by:
Wouldn't drop to one car unless funds dictate tbh, if you have another car problem like you're currently having will be stuck for getting to work for a week or so until you can sort it.

I don't think a standard HDi is a fun weekend car personally but each to their own. In your position I'd probably sell the Metro for another retro/classic petrol project.
Thanks given by:
You'd regret selling the metro so sell the pug
Thanks given by:
the Metro is your life, you shall shrivel and die without her . . .Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
ok lads, you win. I will keep both.
Thanks given by:
Wow don't believe I'm saying this but keep the metro and get another 306 later'
Thanks given by:
well since the metro went ca boom, I am at a cross road point now. As something else has popped up that's sort of bugging me a little, and I have test drove one today there, to get a feel on how one drives.
That something else is a Land Rover 90, it needs a headgasket, and bodywork.
( so i am in the same boat in a way) They are easy to work on too, but the parts can be quite pricey, but at least you can get the bits for them.

The metro is fun and the scene has changed drastically in the past 3 years there. They have become classics and the modifying scene is about finished. Due to the cars not been about now, I only need to rebuild the engine on this and its ready to go again. This one is one of two left in sunderland, and i think mine maybe the last Hensley blue metro left up here, and maybe the very last H plate MK3.

What do i do? do i leave the street sleeper scene and metro world now for good, and go landrover. Which is going into the unknown,
Thanks given by:
What landrover parts are pricey?

Seriously, if you think they're expensive on parts you've been looking in completely the wrong place...
Thanks given by:
You'll regret it dood
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
You'll regret selling the metro especially in 5 years time when they will be worth a relative fortune but you'll regret not buying the landy too.

The landrovers are so incredibly basic there is zero creature comforts. They are so easy to get parts for however they have a well deserved reputation for breaking down (nobody I know who owns one has it in a roadworthy state).

Keeping the metro is the sensible option but sensible is rarely fun.
Thanks given by:
People always say you regret the things you don't do, more than the things you do do...

If it was me I'd go for a change, up to you though! Also one of my mates works at a Land Rover parts shop so might be able to get you some stuff cheaper if I put you in touch with him.
Thanks given by:
(30-05-2016, 12:14 AM)pdg Wrote: What landrover parts are pricey?

Seriously, if you think they're expensive on parts you've been looking in completely the wrong place...
Well for a start, my dads got one. I bought a replacement dash for it and I tell you what, for two pieces of small plastic, for the dash were about £30, and then the dash part its self with out the clocks was £45 quid.
Also my dad has spent what he paid for his practically on sorting it out, He has spent £100s in front of me, on suspension and bearings etc.
I stayed up to 2 am this morning looking at something, that this one needs. £800 quid plus worth of parts.

(30-05-2016, 09:16 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: You'll regret selling the metro especially in 5 years time when they will be worth a relative fortune but you'll regret not buying the landy too.

The landrovers are so incredibly basic there is zero creature comforts. They are so easy to get parts for however they have a well deserved reputation for breaking down (nobody I know who owns one has it in a roadworthy state).

Keeping the metro is the sensible option but sensible is rarely fun.

Laugh is dum dum, the landy has come up at a good price, but I did some right old research last night, with the one that I am eye balling, It would need an engine conversion, as the current engine that's in it, is known to blow up. So they fit the later engines 200 TDI, I looked at the price of those, and a complete setup. going on Ebay, we are looking close to 1800 quid.

For that amount of money, I could drop a very highly tuned K series engine in the metro, bother would be sensible options as both are investments now.

(30-05-2016, 09:37 AM)Toms306 Wrote: People always say you regret the things you don't do, more than the things you do do...

If it was me I'd go for a change, up to you though!  Also one of my mates works at a Land Rover parts shop so might be able to get you some stuff cheaper if I put you in touch with him.

You can tom, as my mam and dad can use a contact for land rover parts.
Thanks given by:
Keep the Metrot, put it back to standard and it'll increase in value, especially over time. Stick the Lotus lump in something else when you find something suitable, after you've sorted its issues obviously.
As for the Landrover, if you can buy it at a decent price, snap it up. Landrover prices are heading swiftly upwards at the mo.
Thanks given by:
(30-05-2016, 12:05 PM)Paul Baldwin Wrote: Keep the Metrot, put it back to standard and it'll increase in value, especially over time. Stick the Lotus lump in something else when you find something suitable, after you've sorted its issues obviously.
As for the Landrover, if you can buy it at a decent price, snap it up. Landrover prices are heading swiftly upwards at the mo.

paul its not as easy as that, id have to find an spi metro to supply what it needs.

i need a little help on been convinced again to repair it.
Thanks given by:
Price on your metro?
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Put the feelers out now. http://cars.mitula.co.uk/ and others for staters regularly and see what comes up. Ebay's a sellers market after all. Bite the bullet now may save you ??? in the long run or missing out completely?
Thanks given by: