Both lus cars have started leaking!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Both lus cars have started leaking!!
So the drivers foot well on both lus phase ones fill up with water when it rains now. Need to do something about it. Obviusly common as i have two with the same issue. Both have sunroofs as well. One manual one electric. Any idea please?
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
My electric sunroof'd ph1 is leaking too. Seems to drip through the interior sensor things at the top of the inner A post trims.

Sunroof or aerial base is my bet.
Thanks given by:
Ariel base.. my ph1 used to do it, blob of silicone and job dobe lol
Thanks given by:
Its doesnt look to be leaking through the sunroof on either. Just be out innthe pissing rain needed to throw a towl in one. Theres a little trickle of water coming in under the drivers side door speaker
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
are the drain channels/tubes blocked?
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Nope. Looks to be coming in under the drivers door speaker and above the door seal
Thanks given by:
Drains in the bottom of the doors all clear?

Or door seal
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2016, 09:41 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Nope. Looks to be coming in under the drivers door speaker and above the door seal

I would say door seal then. When mine is leaning at an angle the water gets in through the seal. Just make sure it, and the mating service on the door are spotless.
Thanks given by:
A lot of them leak there if the rains at the wrong angle. Confused I tried cleaning door drains, replaced seals, made extra drain holes under the seals, even tried Vaseline on the seals but nothing seemed to make any difference!
Thanks given by:
Ah yeah our cars both park on a slope. Ill try turning them round and adjustin the door seal
Thanks given by:
door membrane not the seal
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2016, 10:32 AM)welshpug Wrote: door membrane not the seal

Already had the door card off checked the membrane had a hole hole. Duct taped up
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2016, 10:26 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Ah yeah our cars both park on a slope. Ill try turning them round and adjustin the door seal

I found when I parked it at the side of a road with a lot of camber, drivers door being lowest, it'd get in. I guess it just sits there and seeps in.
Thanks given by:
Yeah same.
Wrong angle n it rains in.

Often drips on back of the speaker, then in.

Check drain holes and membranes
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
ive found rain gets in through the blower motor. it has a drain hole that just leaks water into the passenger foot well. Phase 3 has foam which if you remove the cover needs to be properly replaced or it simply runs down the windscreen and into the motor and through to the floor. Having looked at the rallye its a much better design with a big removable rubber cover.
Thanks given by:
The following can all cause leaks and are all worth checking. It might be that none are your issue but if left long enough most of them do become a leak so worth sorting them all anyway:

Remove the wiper motor and hoover everything out from below it, debris here stops water from draining and it gets into the cabin and into the driver's footwell. Also while you're there check that the bonnet release cable grommet and the big connector are seated well and aren't letting water in

Check that the door seal is well seated and also pull it about a bit and check for tears as they can become torn.

Blow out sunroof drains with an airline.

Check aerial base for water behind map light etc. These are relatively cheap to replace from peugeot.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2016, 12:24 PM)Eeyore Wrote: ive found rain gets in through the blower motor. it has a drain hole that just leaks water into the passenger foot well. Phase 3 has foam which if you remove the cover needs to be properly replaced or it simply runs down the windscreen and into the motor and through to the floor. Having looked at the rallye its a much better design with a big removable rubber cover.

every 306 i've had (7 of) has had the rubber cover, as you say though if it's not in place properly water pisses inside big style . . Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Phase 3 AC definitely has a plastic cover which is covered by sticky foam. The phase 2 non AC design is much better.
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys. The wiper scuttle drains have already been done done them when i removed to do heater matrix, sunroof drains are done and sunroof seals. Doesnt leak through the ariel either. Will take door card off and have another look replace the door seal with a spare i have as well
Thanks given by:
Hey man, just sorted this prob on the xsS a few weeks before it went! Not the first time I've had that problem either, on the door seal just under where the speaker is the factory seal joint swells up(rots) and causes a buckle in the seal meaning the joint touches the underside of the door creating a channel for it to drip through, easiest way to check is leave the door card off hose down the problem side and sit in the opposite seat and watch where it comes from!
Find another less swollen seal and fit it! Job done!
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2016, 05:47 PM)Redordead89 Wrote: Hey man, just sorted this prob on the xsS a few weeks before it went! Not the first time I've had that problem either, on the door seal just under where the speaker is the factory seal joint swells up(rots) and causes a buckle in the seal meaning the joint touches the underside of the door creating a channel for it to drip through, easiest way to check is leave the door card off hose down the problem side and sit in the opposite seat and watch where it comes from!
Find another less swollen seal and fit it! Job done!

You legend! Knew someone would have something like this before
Thanks given by:
Hmm should have added maybe in there somewhere! Wink
Thanks given by:
Found the cause of mine I think...

[Image: 3FF9BEB6-DD9D-44BF-84D3-3B39712CFF3F_zpsz0yu0a1j.jpg]

Sunroof seal has shrunk I think!
Thanks given by:
Bear in mind that what gets past the sunroof goes into the drain pan and then drains out down the a-pillars and c-pillars, so fixing that might stop the drain pan filling up as quickly in the rain which might stop it overflowing, but blocked drain tubes will also do this.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
yeah, that wont be the cause, theyre never a water tight seal, the drain tubes should handle what comes past there anyway.

306 is badly designed there as they used a metal spot welded frame, citroen did it properly with a bolted plastic frame.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Window scrapers were common for letting water into the doors and dropping onto the speaker check if there bubbling with rust
Thanks given by:
Any joy Tom?
Thanks given by:
hasnt rained since. its actually chucking it deown now so ill let you know in the morning
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So I just started work on a BMW...... darrenjlobb 44 9,743 04-07-2013, 09:39 PM
Last Post: THE_Liam
  2012 Has started with Ruan 23 3,650 03-01-2012, 06:05 AM
Last Post: THE_Liam