GTI 6 Inlet Manifold in 1.8

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GTI 6 Inlet Manifold in 1.8
Spend £600-1200 on a 1.8 with an S16 head, fat pipe, decent inlet, lumpy cams, aftermarket management, and you could see 180hp, rev it to 9k and have a much more responsive, lively engine...

Swings and roundabouts, some people would rather have the bolt on route, some people would rather have something a little different and special.

Horses for courses and all that.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Not a fan of that nature of engine though, revving to 9k gets tiring very quickly. Trust me.

Unless you live on a racetrack, I suppose. The GTi6 trump card is that, being a 2.0, it has quite a good level of torque, which is difficult to get from a 1.8 engine (I've noticed torque loss on both my 1.8s after decating them). In-turn you lose a lot of the everyday drivability of the car Sad
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
You know you don't necessarily have to drive everywhere at 9k right? Wink
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
With the right mods, you CAN make them torquey, but still produce good power at 9k.

Wide powerband is where it's at...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
Grant Wrote:You know you don't necessarily have to drive everywhere at 9k right? Wink

You know what the majority of cars with an 8.5-9k powerband are like to drive?

Drive it at anything less than about 6k and you're just pottering along. If you want to drive briskly it's fun, but if overtaking on the motorway it is often the case that you drop not just one cog, but two to get into the powerband. I tell you buddy, it's not fun! You also feel like you're being un-sympathetic to the engine when you do it too.

Wide powerband would be nice, and the XU never had a VVT head on it or anything like that, so it could work.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Grant Wrote:You know you don't necessarily have to drive everywhere at 9k right? Wink

Yes you do.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
So moral of the story is to just get a derv and either turn up the fuel, or get it mapped lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:So moral of the story is to just get a derv and either turn up the fuel, or get it mapped lol

shhhhhhh ninja
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:So moral of the story is to just get a derv and either turn up the fuel, or get it mapped lol

Nope, moral of the story is to buy a faster petrol to start with! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
No, because that's boring.

Just like you.

Why not buy a Toyota MR2 Turbo... It's faster to begin with...
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:No, because that's boring.

For the record, I was kidding.....but its much cheaper, more reliable and doesn't give insurance ra*e to just by something quicker to start with. :/
Thanks given by:
FYI - it costs me £130 more to insure a GTi6 rather than my DT - fully declared...
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:FYI - it costs me £130 more to insure a GTi6 rather than my DT - fully declared...

You're lucky then......and old. Tongue
Thanks given by:
I'm only 21...
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:I'm only 21...

Only!? Pfft..... lol

Seriously, how do you get insurance so cheap then. :?
Thanks given by:
Meh I was insuring my car at 21, ALL mods declared on a 250hp policy for 780, fully comp blah blah....
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Well I'm hoping mine goes down next year when I'm 21 then!
Thanks given by:
Because I'm not a terrorist?
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:Because I'm not a terrorist?

Damn I should stop putting that as my occupation then! Doh
Thanks given by:
Remember, you're NOT a mechanic or student... You're a Vehicle Technician...

Putting "Mechanic" also puts you in the same banding as "Terrorist"...
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:Remember, you're NOT a mechanic or student... You're a Vehicle Technician...

Putting "Mechanic" also puts you in the same banding as "Terrorist"...

lmao

I'm still a shop assistant I think...........well I guess selling shit on ebay must count! Tongue As I'll finish college in the next month anyway......then I guess I'll be 'unemployed' which is worse! :problem:
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  8v Inlet Manifold PugLee 0 839 24-01-2016, 09:50 PM
Last Post: PugLee
Star gti 6 inlet manifold on 1.8 xs jjenn20 10 2,133 01-12-2015, 08:31 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  Gti6 inlet manifold connorp 11 3,187 25-06-2015, 02:08 PM
Last Post: welshpug