Project 16v #theLEMOAN

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project 16v #theLEMOAN
If people have a quick Google... You will find the biggest stock Peugeot 4x108 brake disc (with the right offset) is the one I'm using...323mm

Calipers are from a Volvo XC90.

EBC ultimax Pads. (Never used before, were on offer at £35ish)

Master cylinder is a T4 transporter 25.4mm
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
So does that set-up do it's best to rip out your eyeballs?!  Rofl

Good to see that you seem to have found a bit of love for this project again.
Thanks given by:
Got electric windows working now.
Also got central locking working and all on one key (was two before) - need to program the fob now.

Next to tackle today is a CV boot errrghhhh
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
CV boot done. I hate CV grease. Took ages to clean the wheel and brakes... Despite it being a pinhole!

Also replaced the manifold connector gasket... Again. For the third time.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yea, not a nice job doing a CV joint. Did one of mine a while back but used a stretch boot. It hasn't lasted very long unfortunately. Any tips on getting a CV joint off the shaft?
Thanks given by:
I last used a Lucas boot for £7 quid. good quality soft rubber and it's lasted for donkeys.

Wouldn't be the first time I've used tiger seal for pinholes though!
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
Tried tiger seal lol

(08-07-2018, 09:08 AM)Mighty306 Wrote: Yea, not a nice job doing a CV joint. Did one of mine a while back but used a stretch boot. It hasn't lasted very long unfortunately. Any tips on getting a CV joint off the shaft?

Stretch boot lol

It's a pig getting them off tbh. If it's offside I usually take inner joint apart and pull that joint off and slide it up that way .

Other side it's messy, fiddly and you need to flick it apart with a copper hammer at just the right moment!

Drove the furthest in one go I ever have...without spares or tools I may add.
Made it.

#winning
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Blast. Damn manifold join gasket keeps going.

Copper home made job this time. Made it this evening...try and fit tomorrow.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

The ally one I made worked for a while... Then obv melted. lol I knew it would be a temp fix. Copper one I made up using a sort of die that I fabricated in case of need of one again. Hopefully this sorts it. 

In the process of this I thought I would pull apart oil line feed as was a very slight leak... It broke. A part that someone makes but no one on the planet seems to anymore. Massive fail. So An4 line and fittings ordered. Have to make a new line.

As its garage bound, whipped off the old multi link vnt control, fitted a shorter stubby one, hopefully to reduce movement in the joints. Looks bit tidier. 

Will be adding a vac res' too. 

And to all the log manifold haters out there... This thing goes like slippery poop off a polished stainless spade... It LOVES to rev. Have to keep an eye on the rpm gauge as its only when fuel cuts at a valve spring saving limit that you realise you need to change gear. Air flow is not our limit... Fuel system currently limits us... Then valve springs no doubt.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah but log manifold [emoji23]
I've ran them on loads of shit in the past. Never had any issues. I've even put them on boosted petrol applications. Shock horror right.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I've EVEN seen them on turbo petrols right from the factory ... Hold the phone... Yes, that's right! High powered modern turbo charged petrol, from the factory. The horror.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I like logs instead of equal length, nobody wants a car that sounds like a square wave signal generator.
Thanks given by:
https://youtu.be/2YWE1VTKuWc
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Nice one! They look a lot easier to mount that I imagined they would be.
Thanks given by:
They look great! Nice work Smile
Thanks given by:
Interesting to find last night that part of the ecu was physically fried... Causing the loss of earth. Concerning. Fresh ECU. Need to mount it properly I think.

Also seemed to find that the vac isn't very strong...causing some potential issues on boost control and why brakes still don't feel that sharp..... Investigation will ensue.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: