Headlight Bulbs LAMPS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headlight Bulbs LAMPS
I'm having some trouble with headlight bulbs both in my van and car. Both had HID kits both had a lamp or ballast fail in the last month. I've got replacements but I've had a ballast fail already. 

Looking on eBay I've found some LED kits that look okay. I think newer Audis ect have these. Anyone using them, worth a try? Or just stick to Osram NB?
Thanks given by:
Osram NB for me

Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Lamps!! bulbs grow in the ground! lmao
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2016, 05:49 PM)cully Wrote: Osram NB for me

Wink

Yeah thinking I should go back to NB's

(06-03-2016, 05:54 PM)Stef205 Wrote: Lamps!! bulbs grow in the ground! lmao

I was waiting for someone to say that! First thing I was taught at college but headlight lamps sounds weird. Plus on every website they are called bulbs.
Thanks given by:
I know lol its been droned into me haha
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
OsramNB+ gets my vote too...had one set in a car for 6yrs now
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2016, 06:27 PM)Piggy Wrote: OsramNB+ gets my vote too...had one set in a car for 6yrs now

I had some in my estate but didn't even last a year. Going to try another set though when I get round to ordering them
Thanks given by:
I swear didn't notice any difference fitting night breakers to standard osram
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2016, 07:02 PM)Frosty Wrote:
(06-03-2016, 06:27 PM)Piggy Wrote: OsramNB+ gets my vote too...had one set in a car for 6yrs now

I had some in my estate but didn't even last a year. Going to try another set though when I get round to ordering them

~£15 on ECP with this months code. Just ordered 2 sets. 

Going to order some LED lamps for the dogs to see how they are.
Thanks given by:
Think there like £13 something on eBay
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2016, 05:49 PM)cully Wrote: Osram  NB for me

Wink

seconded
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2016, 07:11 PM)Frosty Wrote: Think there like £13 something on eBay

but genuine too?
Thanks given by:
(07-03-2016, 11:57 AM)r3k1355 Wrote:
(06-03-2016, 07:11 PM)Frosty Wrote: Think there like £13 something on eBay

but genuine too?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231778568031?_...EBIDX%3AIT
Thanks given by:
I dunno it's suspiciously cheaper than most reputable places, I have heard they've been faking them, and fakes kinda defeats the point cos you know full well they'll never manage the light output or lifespan of a genuine bulb.

For an extra couple of quid I'd go to ECP, at least you know for sure then.
Thanks given by:
Last 1s I had were all in proper packaging and had Osram on the bulbs.
Thanks given by:
I'll admit I've had night breakers and wasn't overly impressed... Don't last for shit either!!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Just use Ring bulbs

and polish your headlights. ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
I dunno what you guys are doing to Nightbreakers, I've never had a set blow!! In fact one set even made it through Yodel/Hermes(?) in the Angels to Wingnutz...if they can take that abuse they can take anything lol.
Thanks given by:
The set I've currently got have done 2 long winters daily commuting so I've not experienced them blowing all the time.
Thanks given by:
Just fit some normal LAMPS (lol stef) and make your car distinctly less gay by removing the HID kits..

mine seems to hate the passanger side dipped beam.. I replaced it with a set of the offroad 80watt heavy duty halfrauds ones that I got for £2 on offer when they were having their clear out and its beautiful.. crisp, clear and haven't blown yet.

they seem distinctly meatier than the normal bulb too in construction.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(09-03-2016, 01:27 PM)toseland Wrote: I replaced it with a set of the offroad 80watt heavy duty

I would highly stress dont do this without fitting relays to the headlights

you are over driving the lighting switch which takes full load current which will cause heat and melt down the switch

i have had bad experience with a total back out in the back roads at speed because of a switch melt down, due to running uprated wattage lamps

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
already there, =D
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(09-03-2016, 02:17 PM)cully Wrote:
(09-03-2016, 01:27 PM)toseland Wrote: I replaced it with a set of the offroad 80watt heavy duty

I would highly stress dont do this without fitting relays to the headlights

you are over driving the lighting switch which takes full load current which will cause heat and melt down the switch

i have had bad experience with a total back out in the back roads at speed because of a switch melt down, due to running uprated wattage lamps

Your caution is wise, but I put the 80W offroad halfords bulbs in my HDi years ago. Ran them for 7 years and never had any issues at all. Same for the Rallye, that's had them in for 6 years. Be aii, French wiring ftmfw.

I got fed up of putting expensive bulbs like Osram in, because they only ever lasted about 10-12 months and cost like 4x the cost of a Halfords set. I put a set in the Mini, and they are obviously better than the standard bulbs but hardly amazing - they have lasted 2 years though.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
I had higher wattage bulbs in one of my 306's, they were cheap ones off eBay and they blew before the electrics did.
Thanks given by: