1.4 Meridian Starting Issues

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.4 Meridian Starting Issues
Okay I've been browsing the forums for a while now and can't seem to find anything useful about the issue I'm having.
I've only had the car a couple weeks (first car) so don't expect any hugely technical terms.

The problem is that when I start the car for the first time after it's been sitting for a little bit, it won't hold its revs and tick over I end up having to hold the revs at around 1500 which is slightly higher than the normal 1000 revs it ticks over at after it has warmed up. It might not sound like much of a problem but when I set off each time I need to stop at a junction or simply reverse the car will stall each and every time I slow down until about 5 minutes into the journey considering it's only about a 10 minute drive to work/ college this is very frustrating.

I was just wondering if anyone had any idea what might be causing this problem and how to go about fixing it.
1999 - Black Rallye A/C
2002 - Silver 206 1.4 HDi LX
Thanks given by:
Idle control valve is a possible suspect. Saxo's 206's and similar 1.4/1.6tu motors share similar symptoms, try pulling out your icv and spraying it with brake and carb cleaner!
Thanks given by: wainwrightj
Even cleaning the ICV rarely works. Once they are gone, they are gone. I would clean it up to see if it makes any difference at all. If it improves slightly, replace with new genuine stressing the genuine bit as the pattern ones are utter crap.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by: wainwrightj
Thank you guys me and my dad are going to have a look at it soon hopefully cleaning it or simply getting a new one will fix it
1999 - Black Rallye A/C
2002 - Silver 206 1.4 HDi LX
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2001 306 1.4 Meridian with coil pack issues CHR15E 8 2,698 05-02-2014, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Alan_M