Tu5jp4 potential

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tu5jp4 potential
These 1.6 16v engines do seem to fly when they've had decent money spent on them, and the right modifications. Especially when super/turbocharged. 

What I'd like to try determine as best as possible, is how far can the standard engine be pushed with a turbo before it does an xud and spits a rod? How long is a piece of string and all that... Yh. But I've read between 250-300bhp? Granted it's the torque and nature of delivery - mapping; afr controlled well and avoiding it detonating itself to death that will determine longevity. But, naturally, we'll assume that will all be hunky dory in my potential build :p

I could drop compression ratio with thicker head gasket, but would prefer standard internals and fastners.

What revs can the head cope with? 

Management would probably be using mega squirt. Will be a steep learning curve for me, especially making the loom up and wiring. Its pre multiplexed, but even so I have no experience in this. I'd have to retain original ECU for car  electrics but splice in megasquirt. Any tips on this would be appreciated. Mapping doesn't look atrocious.

Turbo, possibly a td04 or 05 with a 18/20g wheel or t28. Something cheap and solid.

The aim is old school, xud style lash up - I.e. small budget, (relatively) big power and some lols. Somewhat disposable blocks really, seen longblocks sell for £50 lmao would stock pile a few

Its just a bit of fun to see how well it works, input appreciated (Ruan!! Haha)

Cheers
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
unfortunately to pull big power out of an petrol you need at least:

ECU, turbo, IC, appropriate injectors, appropriate fueling, lower compression to handle the increased boost (could do low boost I suppose but still I would want at least a thicker gasket). A Cam wouldn't go amis in this to handle the intake and exhaust more efficiently, and by this time your "cheap build" has gone from "cheap" to "bankruptingly expensive"

that is on top of all the bits you would need to improve and upgrade to keep it from tearing itself apart.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
236 bhp N-A I've seen from a true 1600 on an engine Dyno, there is possibly a higher output one but I've not seen figure, but its a 1700 from the same engine builder...
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Would you like to buy my spare gearbox for when yours exits stage left when the boost comes in?
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tu5jp4 engine, be4 gearbox conversion n0v0s 10 7,722 03-03-2016, 06:51 AM
Last Post: bashbarnard