Finally done it..

Booked a CBT and motorcycle theory test Smile

And bought myself a 2001 Suzuki GS500

[Image: IMG_5746_zpsew9g0mkj.jpg]

Any other bikes on the forum?
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Something i've been meaning to do for a while.

Fair play, bike looks nice as well.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Got mine in the workshop yesterday, gonna get it all sorted and mot'ed before I do my license.

Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(01-03-2016, 10:20 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Finally done it..

So guessing your doing a direct access course which will give you a full category A bike licence ?
Thanks given by:
As CBT to obviously only cover you up to a 125. My direct access course was over the course of a few weeks and cost about £900. Still need to actually buy a bike tho haha
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Yeah... Had a licence for about 6yrs now.

Miss it a lot. But roads/drivers are only getting worse annoyingly
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2016, 10:38 AM)Pgtips Wrote:

So guessing your doing a direct access course which will give you a full category A bike licence ?

Yeah i'm 26 this year so direct access for me Smile

(01-03-2016, 10:54 AM)Orta Wrote: As CBT to obviously only cover you up to a 125. My direct access course was over the course of a few weeks and cost about £900. Still need to actually buy a bike tho haha

Didn't know you had done it! Helps that i work for a company that is literally owned and run by biking enthusiasts so they are very supportive and lenient when it comes to asking for time off work to take lessons etc Smile

(01-03-2016, 11:02 AM)Piggy Wrote: Yeah... Had a licence for about 6yrs now.

Miss it a lot. But roads/drivers are only getting worse annoyingly

Yeah i wouldn't want to ride all the time or around somewhere like hereford town centre but the roads out where im from are quiet enough to ride in peace Smile

(01-03-2016, 10:29 AM)silverzx Wrote: Something i've been meaning to do for a while.

Fair play, bike looks nice as well.

Ive been saying it for years, definitely something to get done my man!
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Yes, my theory is on Thursday (after I forgot to actually turn up to my last one) and I already have a CBT.
Looking to do my mod 1 next month and mod 2 the month afterwards

Been riding this borrowed Yamaha SR125 round for a few months and can't wait to get something with some power.

Ideally I'd like a Honda VT when I pass my test, preferably a VT1800X

Thanks given by:
Chris I can imagine you being the biggest bell-end on a bike thinking your the f--king law.

Oh wait..
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2016, 11:40 AM)silverzx Wrote: Chris I can imagine you being the biggest bell-end on a bike thinking your the f--king law.

Oh wait..

The problem with the 125 is the utter lack of power means you need to carry alot of momentum to make any sort of progress. I've lost count of the amount of times I've had the foot pegs on the floor mid corner. I keep being really tempted to sneak a SR500 lump into it as they bolt up the same and done look much bigger.
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2016, 10:54 AM)Orta Wrote: As CBT to obviously only cover you up to a 125. My direct access course was over the course of a few weeks and cost about £900. Still need to actually buy a bike tho haha

Wow the price has shot up Speechless i did mine 4 years ago & cost £399 with the mod 1/2 fees included
Thanks given by:
I think Orta is referring to a full course price of £900

Im paying £130 for CBT, £23 for theory, £190 for Mod1 and £219 for Mod2 Smile

Chris i can imagine you on something like a Yamaha XV950R Wink lovely bike!
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I'd like a Yamaha YZR125... <3
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2016, 11:48 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(01-03-2016, 11:40 AM)silverzx Wrote: Chris I can imagine you being the biggest bell-end on a bike thinking your the f--king law.

Oh wait..

The problem with the 125 is the utter lack of power means you need to carry alot of momentum to make any sort of progress. I've lost count of the amount of times I've had the foot pegs on the floor mid corner. I keep being really tempted to sneak a SR500 lump into it as they bolt up the same and done look much bigger.
125 bikes are cheap to run /good for commuting but can also be a danger with the lack of available power if you need it to get out of the way of some numpty & there's plenty of those on the roads Dodgy
Thanks given by:
Good stuff,
This is my current ride

Had an sv650s as my first "big" bike which i loved but i was craving something more sporty and abit more shove.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
I started on a gs500 when i got my full license a few years ago, great first bike IMO Smile
I still have the bike if you need any parts
Here she is in all her glory

I now have a Triumph street triple

Thanks given by:
i did my test soooo long ago the examiner was on foot. now i own one of these Smile
https://www.facebook.com/251424858362/ph...=3&theater

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:

Have fun, did mine a few years ago after a hiatus from my 50cc days - although not got a bike atm,

Makes you infinitely more aware on the roads.

Best advice I had was to only get on my bike if I was in a good state of mind ( ie happy, alert and focused on riding).

ermmm, what else, yeah you haven't lived until you've sat with a puddle of rain in your lap, snow up to your eyeballs and with a lack of feeling in all limbs.
Thanks given by:
good clothing can now be had on a budget.
also, consider joining something like MAG
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Have fun

Had a honda c90 for 2 years as field bike that was enough 2 wheels for me lol
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2016, 07:15 PM)zx_volcane Wrote:

Have fun, did mine a few years ago after a hiatus from my 50cc days - although not got a bike atm,

Makes you infinitely more aware on the roads.

Best advice I had was to only get on my bike if I was in a good state of mind ( ie happy, alert and focused on riding).

ermmm, what else, yeah you haven't lived until you've sat with a puddle of rain in your lap, snow up to your eyeballs and with a lack of feeling in all limbs.

Add to that... Frozen finger tips as standard, a fly in your eye and a bee in your helmet
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

The only bike in the shed atm, no licence either as i promised her i wouldnt do it til my youngest is 16!
heres my
most recent bike and major project Smile

https://www.bikepics.com/members/redordead/89cr250/
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2016, 08:32 PM)Piggy Wrote: Add to that... Frozen finger tips as standard, a fly in your eye and a bee in your helmet

hah, nearly mentioned the ole bee in the helmet - deffo an experience. if you can survive that and come to a controlled stop to sort out then you're onto a winner
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2016, 08:50 PM)zx_volcane Wrote:
(01-03-2016, 08:32 PM)Piggy Wrote: Add to that... Frozen finger tips as standard, a fly in your eye and a bee in your helmet

hah, nearly mentioned the ole bee in the helmet - deffo an experience. if you can survive that and come to a controlled stop to sort out then you're onto a winner

I usually rode with my visor up just a fingers width in summer... Bombin along... Got a fly in my eye...proper watering, can't see, start looking for a spot to stop... BAMM! Another fly in the other eye.

That was a scarey moment. 

That and the one day I had to properly stop or die when someone overtook a tractor coming the other way on a blind crest
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2016, 10:41 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(01-03-2016, 08:50 PM)zx_volcane Wrote:

I usually rode with my visor up just a fingers width in summer... Bombin along... Got a fly in my eye...proper watering, can't see, start looking for a spot to stop... BAMM! Another fly in the other eye.

That was a scarey moment. 

That and the one day I had to properly stop or die when someone overtook a tractor coming the other way on a blind crest
I feel your pain on both bee's and flies, 7 years of touring both my zzr600 and transalp have resulted in many of both bee's and flies Undecided
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2016, 12:02 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: I think Orta is referring to a full course price of £900

Im paying £130 for CBT, £23 for theory, £190 for Mod1 and £219 for Mod2 Smile

Chris i can imagine you on something like a Yamaha XV950R Wink lovely bike!

Yeah full course, including several hours of tuition in between. As I'm not exactly a "natural". Did this winter just gone as I wanted an option incase I ever got a job in a city centre to commute an miss the traffic. 

Planning to pick up a super bike at some point tho, Honda CBR1100 Blackbird XX is my personally fav
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Full fasttrack course...
I'm not a natural...
Planning on picking up a super bike....

Do you have life insurance Orta? lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I've gotta say I am hugely glad of my 3-6 months of experience riding the 125. It really teaches you how to handle a bike like a really slow car on skinny tyres teaches you how to handle a car. I'm glad I didn't just do my direct access and hop straight on a "big bike".
Thanks given by:
(02-03-2016, 12:14 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I've gotta say I am hugely glad of my 3-6 months of experience riding the 125. It really teaches you how to handle a bike like a really slow car on skinny tyres teaches you how to handle a car. I'm glad I didn't just do my direct access and hop straight on a "big bike".

I agree although i did a couple of years on a 125 in my youth, big bikes can get you into so much trouble if you're not carefull.
Thanks given by:
A lot of great advice coming to light Smile cheers guys.

I've always had and been around off road bikes, used to have a 125 cheapo road bike when i was 18-19 and now feel im ready for something abit more Smile
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  motorbike tax cost!?! Piggy 26 3,261 23-09-2014, 05:47 PM
Last Post: toseland
  a lotus... motorbike... toseland 11 1,783 11-08-2014, 12:09 AM
Last Post: toseland