Why hello there!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why hello there!
Let me introduce myself. My name's Paul and as per my recent million-dollar idea of getting a car for under 300eur, I'm a proud owner of a '95 1.8 petrol 306.  Big Grin First I found this website just looking for info on the mechanicals of the car and signed up just so I could see the attachments, but oh well - Stockholm syndrome I guess? 

More about the car - clutch is slipping, engine management has issues, underbody behind front wheels is rusted pretty bad, clearcoat is peeling on the top panels, err..what else... washers don't work, driver's door handle is broken off, windshield has a small crack in one corner, valve cover gasket is leaking, electric mirrors don't work, rack u-joint has play, rear beam likely needs attention, rear tires are dry rotten, broken driver's door loom (turning up radio volume turns on the rear wiper - how cool is THAT?)

But you can't ask a lot for 290eur, right? It has working A/C, heated seats, all electric windows, Engine has spot on compression on all cylinders, interior is unmolested, the body, other than the rust in usual spots, is rather in good shape and it looks like the car was loved atleast at some point in it's lifetime. Also I love the wheels -hmm, probably worth a good chunk of the overall price of the car?

[Image: Ffz8yAx.jpg]

[Image: vpOYHSb.jpg]

Thing's I've already replaced so far:

-Changed coolant
-Fuel filter. Threw in one of those cheap plastic ones as the old one looked like it's been there for awhile. Will change for a proper one of these days.
-NGK spark plugs. It had some twin-electrode job in there before. I like to think it runs better now Big Grin
-Two tie rod ends. Both on the same side though as the first time I stripped the threads on the new part. Ha!
-Bought oil and filter but still need to change it. It's so wet outside...

Hopefullly I can take it to acceptable condition, maybe even improve a bit?..
Thanks given by:
heated seats! We never had those over here in the UK! Working air con is a rarity as well!

Being a phase 1 this will be the 1.8 8V which arent particularly common over here. Good luck with the rust on the chassis rails! they all go there.
Thanks given by:
I like it, nice wheels too! Just sold my phase 1 with speedlines Sad and going on your description of faults it seems like a perfectly normal 306 lol
Thanks given by:
(21-02-2016, 09:16 PM)Eeyore Wrote: heated seats! We never had those over here in the UK! Working air con is a rarity as well!

Being a phase 1 this will be the 1.8 8V which arent particularly common over here. Good luck with the rust on the chassis rails! they all go there.
To be fair I'm yet to test the seats, maybe it's just a panel with the buttons there! Kinda bummed it's 'only' an 8V but right now the priority indeed is the chassis rails - MOT (well, it's equivalent here) is due at the end of March and that would be an instant fail. Other little things like door handle or windscreen jets are relatively easily fixable... Good thing old cars as this one aren't required a cat as someone has been at it already on this one too Big Grin
(21-02-2016, 10:31 PM)Redordead89 Wrote: I like it, nice wheels too! Just sold my phase 1 with speedlines Sad and going on your description of faults it seems like a perfectly normal 306 lol
Good to know it's not the only one Big Grin I did check out another 306 just before this one and it was a proper beater. It was a 1.6, had interior trim missing and was a hacked mess in general, the gear stick was like stirring tea with a noodle. Happy I ended up with the one I did.
Thanks given by:
Ph1 with heated seats and working AC!?!

Has to be the only one in the world!? Lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome along Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by: