Hi, building VNT'd 205 Sleeper in Chesterfield...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi, building VNT'd 205 Sleeper in Chesterfield...
Not been using this at all since getting it MOT'd. I've been on the lookout for a replacement coolant expansion bottle and fitted a Ford KA one today which gives more room round my turbo, has a larger capacity and has a proper cap too. Pipework also fits tidier and outlets point in the right direction. Just waiting for some hose joiners to connect it up and it's out again.
Thanks given by:
"Just ordered a powered by fairydust sticker for really pissing off victims."

Rofl
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
205 sleeper rides again. Me and James had a ride out the other night to see if my new Ka expansion tank would hold pressure or dribbled like the Rover 75 ones did. All is good now and it's holding coolant properly. Engine runs about 75 degrees but cheap ebay temp gauge reads wrong so a better suited sender unit is on order. The only half decent battle we had was with a modified new shape Focus ST which we kept with until he started driving stupidly on the bypass. We'll get a video sorted soon hopefully but for now it just needs using. It's developed a bit of an engine judder at light throttle too, so that needs looking at and I'm looking for some new injector tips so I know these will be spraying correctly.
Thanks given by:
Do you mind me asking but what is the FMIC radiator off please...This is my second favourite build after Darrens epic...Brilliant! Love it when you "own" so many £20,000 plus motors...round my way its usually the BMW badge you see a foot off your back bumper...
Thanks given by:
Haha thanks. That intercooler is just a cheap universal one off Ebay. They're always on. Boost hoses are Ebay, so are clamps. Metal pipework is from a Ferrari reach stacker's Scania engine, but chopped and welded to fit the little 205. It's owned a few £30000 cars too matey .
Thanks given by:
Is it lowered this? Pretty sure I saw it a week or so ago up top of old road, one night.

Thanks given by:
(14-02-2017, 11:43 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Is it lowered this? Pretty sure I saw it a week or so ago up top of old road, one night.

Yep, it's lowered. That's not far from me either so it probably was me. You did well seeing it in use, it hardly ever comes out now. It's in bits again this week while the injectors are down Mr Lobb's for some new pintles and spray patterns checking.
Thanks given by:
Im new to this but with a bog standard xud9te, belt done regular oil services under 70k miles what is optimum adjustments to do (engine wise) without causing unreliability/component failure...
Thanks given by:
fit bosch, mod LDA pin, turn Bosch up, adjust wastegate on turbo, if you're hitting around 20psi and have done it well you should see around 130bhp with no reliability issues, as long as cooling system is well maintained and engine serviced Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Got Bosch! garrett turbo also. brand new gates timing belt fitted, removed and flushed rad from top and bottom...one hitch is that we welded the xud9te downpipe onto a narrower non turbo exhaust (for the time being) but I have sorted the brakes out yesterday (there was a pocket of air in rear nearside)...but shes ready for a tuneup now!
would a pug with 130hp be quicker than a volvo s40 with 136hp?
Thanks given by:
(16-02-2017, 05:40 PM)205 Mardi gras Wrote:
(14-02-2017, 11:43 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Is it lowered this? Pretty sure I saw it a week or so ago up top of old road, one night.

Yep, it's lowered. That's not far from me either so it probably was me. You did well seeing it in use, it hardly ever comes out now. It's in bits again this week while the injectors are down Mr Lobb's for some new pintles and spray patterns checking.

Was first time I've seen you I was in a saxo so blended in to normal tragic quite well, if I was in the bx you might have spotted me, definitely looks a mega sleeper for sure, I wanna see it beating some moden cars off the lights.

Thanks given by:
(16-02-2017, 05:40 PM)205 Mardi gras Wrote:

Assume Mr Aston has them with him ? Should see him over weekend!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(16-02-2017, 09:46 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote:

Assume Mr Aston has them with him ? Should see him over weekend!

Yes thanks. Dropped them round his on Saturday but I'll have to post these pintles down tomorrow as they only just arrived today. I've asked James for your address, but I'm guessing he's tanked up somewhere now so have had no reply yet. I wondered if they were dribbling fuel as the little 205 smokes its taters off when it's started from cold, then misfires for about 5 seconds before the black cab sound effects burst into life. New pintles are Bosch, but made in India. I need to try and get new seals for where they mount into the head too if you know of a good supplier, otherwise I'll try the main dealer. Thanks again and it'll be up for a trip to yours soon matey to see if you can work some magic on it.

(16-02-2017, 09:29 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:

Was first time I've seen you I was in a saxo so blended in to normal tragic quite well, if I was in the bx you might have spotted me, definitely looks a mega sleeper for sure, I wanna see it beating some moden cars off the lights.

It works the best when you're already rolling. Acceleration in 4th and even 5th is mental and at 70 you can overtake stuff like it's a supercar. Can't wait to see a 911 out somewhere and have a pop. The car goes better when it's got something to fight against, like going uphill or being in a higher gear.
Thanks given by:
Oh no. 205 is up on bricks again. I need a set of Bosch XUD injectors if anyone has any? I've overtightened the old ones and wrecked mine ?.
Thanks given by:
205 is up and running again and will be at Donnington for the French car show.
Thanks given by:
(17-05-2017, 06:47 PM)399road Wrote: 205 is up and running again and will be at Donnington for the French car show.

good news mate, look forward to seeing it Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
The 205 is back. Been out learning to drive it again after a break of a couple of months. It's bloody mental.
Tonight's victims...66 plate 3 series Beemer, 66 plate Merc 350d, Golf mk7 gttd.
Little 205 is awesome and Ka header tank is holding up to the job just fine.
Gauges show a happy motor and under hard acceleration I've got 1.7 bar boost, egts of 700, coolant temp of 90, which drops to 80 when cruising, oil temp of 75 and oil pressure of 75.
Thanks given by:
Ideal all sounds good, bet you're glad to have it back on the road. I look forward to seeing it FCS this year.
Thanks given by:
Oh no. Got cooling issues. It's emptied its header tank and took about a litre to get to min. Then emptied it again in only a few miles. It's been flying recently too. Been battling an Evo 7, an Impreza turbo, a Focus ST, an Astra VXR and today a Mazda 3 MPS but Chesterfield's hot hatches will be safe for a couple of weeks now while I get my problems sorted. Bloody unreliable French rubbish. You wind up the power to twice what it should be and it goes pop.
Thanks given by:
(11-06-2017, 08:22 PM)399road Wrote: Oh no. Got cooling issues. It's emptied its header tank and took about a litre to get to min. Then emptied it again in only a few miles. It's been flying recently too. Been battling an Evo 7, an Impreza turbo, a Focus ST, an Astra VXR and today a Mazda 3 MPS but Chesterfield's hot hatches will be safe for a couple of weeks now while I get my problems sorted. Bloody unreliable French rubbish. You wind up the power to twice what it should be and it goes pop.

whoops, sounds like olde head lift, you got ARP's in on this build? . .  Smile
Thanks given by:
James came round earlier and took about 10 seconds to find what had failed. Just a split heater hose to the bulkhead! Yes it got ARPs when I built it so all will be fixed this weekend ready for a bit more bye bye GTI and then the Donnington French car show. I'll try not to crash it before then.
Thanks given by:
Little 205 beat its first Porsche the other night. Some bloke and his son out for a drive at 10pm with the roof down. It was only a Boxster but a Porsche is still a Porsche and a 205 diesel is.... say no more.
Thanks given by:
Got 205 parked up and it's sat for about 7 months now since its cam snapped and smashed all the valves. I've made a start on collecting parts to fix it and have bought a brand new old stock genuine Peugeot XUDTE head to start the rebuild. I'm on with a couple of Manta projects so 205 will take a while but it'll be back.
Thanks given by:
good one, glad to hear you're gonna keep her alive Smile
Thanks given by:
Update to 205 rebuild.
Engine is out and stripped. Cam lobe number 7 has cracked, then jammed the cam as a piece snapped off and snapped cam between lobes 6 and 7. Then the unsupported broken end of the cam has snapped between lobes 4 and 5. This has locked the top end and sheared the cambelt, then bent a valve and rattled to a stop. All this at 15mph.
The bottom end is now at the engineers and being measured up for wear. It's having a crank, flywheel and clutch assembly balance and set of new pistons as part of its rebuild. Then a set of mains, thrust washers, new valves, new cam and followers and usual belt, water pump, all gaskets etc to get it back fighting fit again. Should be healthiest XUD on the planet then with brand new head fitted.
Thanks given by:
Nice to see your still cracking on with it, I've just got my zx back on the road will be nice to see this back around chesterfield soon.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Citroen Dispatch Sleeper Kind of.. Will 2 1,900 15-02-2017, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  A Street Sleeper is reborn! THE END procta 621 208,998 07-12-2016, 02:53 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  205 dt sleeper, engine in :) Paul_13 171 54,083 20-04-2015, 09:19 AM
Last Post: Paul_13