blinky's daily.... Again

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
blinky's daily.... Again
Ok time to set about repairing and rebuilding my pug after my urrrr previous attempt. 

sooo what 'appened was...
the gearbox went bang and as i was running kkk and Lucas pump and wanted to T2, bosch, front mount and hdi box it, i decided to swap the engine and all over from my donnor car eaassy uh, thats what i thought.......
With many unforeseen difficulties, lack of transport and trying to hold down a job. it was long and tedious process. 

eventually had it running ishh but then there was the problems with the pump got that bench tested and set still not running right, it was leaking all sorts annd the turbo turned out to be fairly on its way out so thought F*** it. time for a new car...

i found my self a stage 2 307 great.... for about a week till the turbo went bang.
now got fez 

which has done me greatly so far. its nice to be back in a petrol although fuel economy a joke but unfortunately its allot of fun.....

My plans.
  • Strip down and rebuild my original engine.
  • HDI Rods 
  • Garrett GT2056s
  • Possibly ARP's (yay or nay)
  • Oil cooler
  • New springs and shocks (suggestions)
  • Nimrods 
  • Good new tyres
  • Bright bulbs (Osrams or HIDs)
  • New wheel bearings all round   
  • Weld the massive whole in front wheel arch
  • Lower the axle a touch more
  • And a general tidy up
Now.
got some HDI rods and shells although ive only got 7

they look OK would it be wrong to use a shell from my old engine to replace the missing one? are they the same?

Turbo also turned up £90 which I think I'm quite happy with although it is a recon. there seams to be tiny tiny bit of shaft play but then every used turbo ive check has abit.... 

Started stripping the engine and well welll well 

firstly the clutch

this may have been the problem which originally caused it to go although i havent looked inside the actual gear housing 

further digging and it got even worse

it seems the cam belt must of slipped causing the inlet valves to hit the pistons as they started induction

all the pistons had varying amounts of damage. so looks like they're being replaced. As with the valves.

Further more a couple of the pre-chambers had been cracked

guessing these can be popped out and replaced

Final find
abit of wear on two of the cylinder walls

sooo looks like its gunna be abit more work then expected hmmm
Thanks given by:
Fez looks good mate.

Bet it s a nice change to d power
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(01-02-2016, 07:32 PM)7057sam Wrote: Fez looks good mate.

yeaa was abit worried that it was gunna be abit crap lack of torque but not the case, Now worried that im liking it abit to much and forgetting what the pugs is like
Thanks given by:
(01-02-2016, 08:18 PM)blinkyeatu Wrote:
(01-02-2016, 07:32 PM)7057sam Wrote: Fez looks good mate.

yeaa was abit worried that it was gunna be abit crap lack of torque but not the case, Now worried that im liking it abit to much and forgetting what the pugs is like

No shame in that bruddah!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
is it worth gearbox mounting the turbo? i know it'd fit down the back buuut for ease of adaptation at a later date i thought gear box would be best just wondering if anyone had any particular tips? (i am reading though various build threads)
Thanks given by:
time for a lil update.
not a lots happened really as ive had to focus on my studies and been on limited funds but as it stands;
i found someone willing to come out to the ass end of nowhere to pick up my donor shell, although i dont think they'll ever come back as they got their lorry stuck on the track (made for a fun after noon) 

any way actual car work. i brought an engine stand and fitted the engine much nicer to work on although its still in a duungy cave 

then got distracted by the fiesta and tried to fix the noisy starter motor after spending way to long removing it i dw40'd it then got curios and it all just kinda went pop

got it all back to together and on the car and did it make a difference? did it hell!! wasted couple of hours anyway back to the 306
stripped down the engine ready to take to the machine shop

lovely bit of welding on the sump (not by me)

dropped the engine and crank at a machine shop for a light hone and for the crank to be polished. 
finally a couple of goodies turned up the other day Big Grin

Q: ive got 2 sets of pistons 1st set from a high mileage engine and are generally worn 2nd set as pictured above are even worse on top but sides are pucker.

but im wondering would it be worth skimming them down???
i know this would reduce the compression but dont people put decomp plates in anyway???
Thanks given by: