Dilemma

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dilemma
So, having treated myself to another car, it's left the 306 that was my faithful daily on the drive. Unfortunately I can't afford to insure/tax both cars every year so I can't see the 306 being driven any time soon. So that's my dilemma:

Do I keep hold of the DTurbo, have it as a potential future project with a big turbo etc etc and a hoot of a vehicle to drive? Or do I come down to reality and realise that that may be a while in between getting down to my dads workshop some 200 miles away a few weekends a year to actually do said work? In between having other stuff (Mk1 Sierra XR4x4 and a couple of rolling restoration Land Rover's) I wouldn't want the 306 to get forgotten about and rot away, and as much as I love that little thing I can't see myself getting round to it. It doesn't owe me anything and has been great so I don't need (or want) to sell it, but in the same vain it might give someone else the enjoyment it's given me.

Ross
Thanks given by:
How old is it I can see it's a phase 1 so will be knocking on 20 years old if not a little older. If it's over the magic 20 year marker classic car insurance can be pretty cheap.

I'm waiting for mine to hit it next year to lower the insurance .
Thanks given by:
Keep it, you will regret selling it on and miss it until you get another.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like you've got plenty of other projects, sell it rather than letting it rot away in the back of a shed....
Thanks given by:
As above tbh, be a shame to let her rot and stuff like old landys and an xr4 are almost always going to take priority.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Mmmm bianca phase one . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Return the car to me and I shall look after it for you [emoji4]

I'm sure Emma would want it back. Her golf just isn't the same.
[Image: 306oc_zpsf2d249a4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the advice guys. Been having some thought about this over the weekend and realistically, for the good of the car at least, it's probably better for it to move on.

Fozzy - if you want it back, I'd be more than happy to arrange something. She's pretty much the same as when I bought it from Curt, except a rod going on me. Car has now done around 187k miles, engine is about 40k less so 147k.
Thanks given by:
Hi,
If you every need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line. I'd be only too pleased to try and help.
Regards,
Dan.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which car dilemma ... ginge191 46 7,089 01-01-2017, 11:34 AM
Last Post: Piggy
  Mobile phone dilemma. Dum-Dum 25 4,371 27-12-2014, 09:59 AM
Last Post: RetroPug
  Job dilemma Niall 49 11,346 12-06-2013, 07:40 PM
Last Post: Fooby