oil and filter change and a big can of worms

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
oil and filter change and a big can of worms
hey folks I am planning on giving my 1.9 td a oil and filter change tomorrow but I have noticed the sump is leaking so gasket change is also on the cards I have also noticed a pump is in the way of removing the sump which makes me think changing the drive belt too as its fairly old if it means slacking the belt. so any thoughts tips advise will be appreciated

Thanks guys
Thanks given by:
That's probably the air con pump, if your air con doesn't work you might as well leave it off and fit a shorter belt! Wink
Thanks given by: alex76
Is it a steel or alloy sump? Never had much luck sealing a steel sump again as they tend to warp easily when removed
Thanks given by:
tbh I am not sure as it has years of road shit and oil covering it but I did read a bit about sealants and gaskets most of the car has original parts so I would imagine it would be steel
Thanks given by:
Magnet test.. if it's alloy magnet won't stick
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
cheers buddy will have a go later
Thanks given by:
(15-05-2016, 05:12 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: Is it a steel or alloy sump? Never had much luck sealing a steel sump again as they tend to warp easily when removed

This shit works wonders for it, done a couple of steel XUD sumps with it.

[Image: ZodiacImage.aspx?image=ZDCB4664&format=1]
Thanks given by: alex76
its a alloy sump give it a good clean and stuck a gasket on it but thanks for the help guys.. getting the AC unit off was a right t@#t and not looking forward to putting it back on but it works so gunna keep it a job for Tuesday I thinks   Dodgy
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fuel Filter Change 306Puggy 36 8,674 03-12-2012, 11:35 PM
Last Post: Tom
  Fuel filter change ginge191 15 4,551 02-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Last Post: darrenjlobb