Stage 3 head lift?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stage 3 head lift?
(22-01-2016, 06:06 PM)HDi--Power Wrote: Arp's really wont be necessary, I don't think anyone has had head lift or gasket failure from running 200hp plus, the issues all stemmed from elsewhere.

I know you have fair bit of experience...

But I wouldn't say I totally agree there... A LOT more air flow at mid range RPMs is going to lift the head on stock bolts. 

Seen lift with less power
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yea but the hdi's don't seem to suffer from it, the 180 hp standard Peugeot models now even still use the same bolts as in our dw10. I don't recall ever hearing of one lift the head, even the 230+hp Danish varieties. Realistically 26 ish psi on a decent turbo will be enough for over 200hp on these and keep everything happy.
Thanks given by:
Totally depends on the tuning, excessive torque can cause it... It should be tuned around, just like EMP.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
GT2052S is good for 180 BHP with 24-25 psi of boost on the 2.0 HDI 8V.
Any more than that and you'll have back pressure problems and the lifters will start collapsing or you'll snap a rocker.

I ran a GT2052V (VNT) on my 1.6 HDI at 26-27 PSI and that gave me 210 BHP, but these are 16V and can rev unlike the 2.0 8V.

My advice would be to stick at 180 BHP (tested on a real dyno with realistic figures) and save yourself the trouble. I've set up a few with these turbos already.

Edit: But to the original question don't worry about head lift, this seems to affect the VW boys but never seen it on the HDI yet.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by: