406 coupe 2.2hdi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Sale: 406 coupe 2.2hdi
So it's come to decision time and the coupe needs to go Sad

I start my new job tomorrow and will need my workshop space back ASAP. 

Just don't have time to fix the coupe as I'll only be selling it after anyway, so here's the deal. 

2003 d9 Peugeot 406 coupe 2.2hdi 
Hyperion blue 

Cat D write-off with rear end damage (see project thread)  But easy repair. It'll need to be straightened where the towbar pushed the boot floor in slightly and definitely need a replacement rear bumper, rear lights and a bootlid. I was quoted £300 by a very reputable accident repair garage to straighten it all out. 

Good bits:
New solid flywheel conversion and Valeo clutch kit, literally done 47 miles before I was crashed into. 

Freshly serviced with total oil, genuine filters, gear oil, air filters, cabin filter etc, 47 miles done 

Bilstein b4 shocks and apex 35mm lowering springs, new top mounts, droplinks, track rod ends, balljoints, rear arm bushes all less than 3k miles use. 

V6 brembos fitted, new brake hoses, new Mintex discs and pads front and rear 

Decat and dpf removed, box still in the exhaust for mot reasons, 180bhp map with all the egr and dpf faults removed. 

177k (iirc)  on the engine but very well maintained, since I've owned it I've replaced all the electrovalves that control the vnt, cleaned out the inlet manifold of all the egr gunk, oil changed every 6k miles, new top and gearbox engine mounts, powerflex lower engine mount, new front abs sensors. Recently had a cambelt and waterpump, aux belt and tensioners. 

SE spec black leather interior, all electrical stuff works as it should, Cruise control, heated seats, ice cold aircon, satnav etc 

V6 starfish alloys x5 all in nice condition with recent falken tyres 

V6 strut brace 

8k hid's (projector headlights with washers) 

That's all I think, I would love if someone took it off me and returned to the road as before I was hit it was genuinely one of the nicest coupes I've seen, or if someone with more time and space than me wanted to break it Sad then there's a fair amount of money's worth in new and uprated parts. 

The cars in Hereford, Herefordshire hr2 area. Would have to be trailered away as no mot 

Looking for offers around £500, forum members have first choice before I list it on eBay Sad

Someone save it, brilliant car to drive and looks great wherever you stop ;Wink

Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Id love this and would take your hand off if you weren't that far away, so much time and money spent on this to get it to where it is spec wise! GLWTS mate Smile
Thanks given by:
Fantastic car, if I had the time and space I'd be after this. Brilliant buy for someone.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
cant even find a diesel one on autotrader
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2016, 07:35 PM)doski Wrote: cant even find a diesel one on autotrader

Yeah they're pretty hard to come by. The best ones tend to stay in the owners club and the ones that do pop up on eBay and what have you always seem to have loads of anti pollution faults and dmf on the way out
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
So whats involved is getting a cat D back on the road?
Thanks given by:
Just an MOT now.

Car looks like a good deal to me. GLWTS.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Oh no! Thats far too easy for a nice car. If this is still for sale in 2 weeks ill have a hard time not collecting it!

Being cheeky here, whats wrong with just slapping a new plate on it and booking it in?

Only reason i say a couple weeks is because im not in the UK till then.
Thanks given by:
only needs an MOT if it has run out.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
It just needs a rear bumper and number plate!?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Bargain for someone with an afternoon spare and a few quid
Thanks given by:
It'll need to have the boot floor straightened as currently the panel with the boot catch is slightly out of line meaning the boot doesn't close properly. It's a clean bend though so very easy to pull out for someone with the kit to do so or spend a couple of hundred for a body shop to do it. Hyperion blue is one of the more common colours too so a bit of patience and hopefully a decent bootlid and bumper will pop up. 

As far as I'm aware it'll just need to be repaired to a standard to pass an mot then it's good to go. It runs and drives absolutely no problem, I also have a decent front bumper ready to fit as the current one was damaged when my insurance took it to be assessed Sad

(11-01-2016, 11:09 AM)silverzx Wrote: It just needs a rear bumper and number plate!? 
The bootlid has a dent in too but essentially Yeah, that's all that needs replacing.
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Bargain.
Thanks given by:
Anyone keen before I put it on eBay? Open to offers Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Going on ebay today unless someone wants to make an offer?

I might even be able to deliver it if transport is an issue
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I'll drop you a message
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Sold  ninja

Thanks given by:
Wonder who that's too Jonny Tongue Looking forward to see what you do with it Smile Still keeping the 306 HDI project?
Thanks given by:
Sold to the man with all the numbers :p
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Yep, the HDi will be staying but this was too much of a bargain to ignore!

Thanks given by:
The man with all the projects is Jonny also Ozone aha Tongue
Am I correct in thinking a bigger turbo will be applied to this Jonny? lol
Thanks given by:
Not for the moment, no.. but we shall see.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FOR SALE: 406 Coupe 3.0 V6 SE £850 Pete 12 2,210 10-02-2014, 04:56 PM
Last Post: Pete