£5k GTI6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
£5k GTI6
Probably only worth half of what its up for.. good luck to him shifting it at that price! Does look clean though.
https://www.gumtree.com/p/peugeot/peugeo...1148788432
Thanks given by:
that looks clean mind, Price wise, I wouldn't like to say, a Phase1 gti with low mileage like that, not sure how many phase 1 gtis are about.
Thanks given by:
Yeah we see that the other day. I don't think they are worth 5k yet myself. Id probably be willing to pay 2\3 for an absolute mint one though. Like showroom condition.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Its a lovely car but not 5k lovely. 2.5-3k max
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Thing is would you keep that sort of car standard or would you tweak it
Thanks given by:
At its last M.O.T it has 113k miles with a few advisorys such as brake pipe corroded, blowing exhaust and both upper struts are deteriorated.
Thanks given by:
Yeah saw this the other day on Gumtree

Yeah nice 2.5-3k example no more.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2016, 11:38 PM)Strikeforce Wrote: At its last M.O.T it has 113k miles with a few advisorys such as brake pipe corroded, blowing exhaust and both upper struts are deteriorated.
113k lol, he is stating that its got 54k on the dash,
Thanks given by:
Phase 1 clocks aren't hard to clock back
Thanks given by:
None of the clocks are. Just buy lower mileage clocks!
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
That does look very nice, can't see anyone parting with 5k for it though.
Thanks given by:
Specially not if he is lying about its milage Tongue
Thanks given by:
That doesnt look like a full respray, unless it's just a terrible camera. Confused

MOTs do sometimes get the mileage wrong, or people chuck a set of clocks in to pass it that may be higher but if there's more than one higher it's a good bet its not right lol.
Thanks given by:
(07-01-2016, 09:29 AM)Toms306 Wrote: MOTs do sometimes get the mileage wrong, or people chuck a set of clocks in to pass it that may be higher but if there's more than one higher it's a good bet its not right lol.

All three recorded mileages are over 100k miles - 108377 on 12th Feb 2010 (Fail), 108386 the same day (Pass) and then nothing until 25th September 2015 where it passed with 113606 miles.

Everything points to it having been clocked. Anyone care to speculate on the chances the history showing the higher mileage was conveniently lost during a house move?

Also, reading through the previous MOT fails it hardly sounds like a car that has led a well cared for life
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
It even says on the ad that the dash shows 54k but they can't confirm if it's true... Clocked it, chancing it whilst covering his back!
Thanks given by:
Not many pics for £5k. Sid's is probably better.
Thanks given by:
Isn't it only illegal to 'clock' if you state thats definitely the mileage? So by saying he can't guarantee it may make it legal?

Someone drop him a message asking about the mileage on the MOTs. Tongue
Thanks given by:
what a bell. its easy to find out the proper mileage from MOTs.... 2k at most for someone who really wants it.
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2016, 08:48 PM)MY95 Wrote: Probably only worth half of what its up for.. good luck to him shifting it at that price! Does look clean though.
https://www.gumtree.com/p/peugeot/peugeo...1148788432

Sorry, the ad you are looking for is no longer available. Please see similar ads below

Looks like he's been busted ! Confused

haha he's relisted it & amended it now

https://www.gumtree.com/p/peugeot/peugeo...1149576263
Thanks given by:
Cheeky bas***rd! The last advert said something along the lines of "Mileage 54k but I can't guarantee it" but as it transpires from that new advert he clearly knew the correct mileage.

I wonder what else he's claiming on that car is also a crock of lies?
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
^ thats the bit that worries me. Hes ONLY owned up to it cos he was busted. What else is he hiding that cant be so easily found out???

Still wants 5k though. Ill have whatever hes smoking please
Thanks given by:
weird selection of photos, door on the floor? no thanks!
Thanks given by:
I know where he got the '1 of 51' but hes not really telling the whole story there (not that im surprised) hes just grabbed a figure he likes and thinks makes his ad look better

My maths says theres 1392 6's total. How rare is that?! Obviously theres less ph1s but there no way to accurately determine how many there actually are

I like howmanyleft, but the way people use the info in ads these days is just annoying
Thanks given by:
Bloody hell 5 grand. I might have to tart mine up a bit. It looks a very nice car even though there appears to be some mileage discrepancy. Didn't know the mk1 were worth that much though.
Thanks given by:
They aren't... Its not even worth half that.

I think the door on th floor pic is supposed to show he's fixed the inevitably broken door loom lol, same as the pic of the shitty wheel showing how bad they were before... I agree its a bit weird though.

He says he'son the '6 forum? So people on here must know him lol, is he asking that much over there? lol
Thanks given by:
I'd settle for lots less than half that and be pretty happy. Definitely keeping it for a while though it's to fun to give up!
Thanks given by:
Guys a dreamer at 5k!

As others have stated its worth 2.5k MAX!
Thanks given by:
He's 20, from Long Stratton & has 0 posts on the '6 forum. Real enthusiast.
Thanks given by:
Lol, that intrigued me...so I had a look on facebook (ideal using your surname as username!). He works at an auto-electrics place...so at least the door loom will have been done properly! Big Grin

Disappointingly there are no pics of the car on his fb profile. Sad (At least not publicly anyway)
Thanks given by:
I bought a phase 1 with 52k miles on it in late 2013. Now it has 63 or 64k.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by: Matt-Rallye