What pipe is this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What pipe is this?
Sorry no pics as of yet, but should be able to get one tomorrow. 

Ok, so its on the cabby, 2.0l 2000 plate. 

While under the car identifying what tools i need to drop the oil, i noticed a pipe running under the sump, it is metal and goes from front to back. but where the casings meet, the pipe seems to be touching and there is evidence of fresh oil. So i presume best case is the pipe has got a slight leak from it touching. 

Is this the oil feed pipe? if so, has any one got a good one going? this thing is getting silly on the parts now. Just ordered a whole list of niggles...........
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
Sounds like the high-pressure power steering pipe to me - one end should go to the PAS pump, the other end to the steering rack.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
humm. that is just as bad if it is leaking then........ but, if i feel the fluid, i should be able to tell instantly if it is engine oil, or hydraulic oil i suppose.

Thanks for the info Smile

Tony.
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
You can smell it instantly if its hydraulic oil. When they leak down the hose like that, the oil normally ends up utterly filthy.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
good news........ the pipe is not leaking....

bad news is i think its the main seal. Its only a light seepage, so should be ok till early next year when i plan on a full clutch change. so it will have to wait till then. Sad
to top that off, the off side driveshaft seal is seeping too.
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 

Thanks given by: