Castle Combe Spring Action Day - 02/04/16

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show: Castle Combe Spring Action Day - 02/04/16
With all that sun we have in the UK they'd have been better off with a wind farm surely!
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2016, 05:40 PM)Steve 306 gti6 Wrote:
(10-01-2016, 12:06 PM)roland rat Wrote: Your best off buying an unlocked ECU from Rich Walker on the 306 gti6 forum.

Gearbox wise I'm guessin you want just quick acceleration so look at a 205 1.6 be gti box I'd say

thanks for your reply I cant seem to find details for rich walker would you have any details pls .
regards steve.

(10-01-2016, 08:30 PM)Toms306 Wrote: With all that sun we have in the UK they'd have been better off with a wind farm surely!
Or hydro power with all this rain
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2016, 08:28 PM)Niall Wrote:
(10-01-2016, 08:26 PM)lolsteve Wrote: Hmm would have thought combe would have stopped with all the price increases now they've got income from that loverly solar panel farm

That lost would of cost them an absolute fortune. Wont be making money yet!

But wouldn't the point be that the loan they might have taken out for it which is costing X amount in repayments would be offset by the X+Y gained from the panels? 

Or if it was paid with money they already had then they must have been making good money in the first place to save that capital 

Either way, boo stingy combe but i'll still probably go anyway just to spank rowel
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2016, 09:34 PM)lolsteve Wrote:
(10-01-2016, 08:28 PM)Niall Wrote:
(10-01-2016, 08:26 PM)lolsteve Wrote: Hmm would have thought combe would have stopped with all the price increases now they've got income from that loverly solar panel farm

That lost would of cost them an absolute fortune. Wont be making money yet!

But wouldn't the point be that the loan they might have taken out for it which is costing X amount in repayments would be offset by the X+Y gained from the panels? 

Or if it was paid with money they already had then they must have been making good money in the first place to save that capital 

Either way, boo stingy combe but i'll still probably go anyway just to spank rowel

On your traditional PV on a house, you generally wont be in pocket until 8-12 years time. I would imagine theres is much the same but on a much larger scale. Much larger initial outlay but much larger return monthly.
thats assuming they own it all. They may have sold the land and they do not see any of the generation credits.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
combe action day prices are silly. :/
Thanks given by:
(11-01-2016, 11:24 AM)Eeyore Wrote: combe action day prices are silly. :/

Yeah thats why I'm not really feeling it apart from FCS 

Me and will are doing fast show at santa pod in April if the rallye's road worthy
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(12-01-2016, 12:47 AM)7057sam Wrote:

Yeah thats why I'm not really feeling it apart from FCS 

Me and will are doing fast show at santa pod in April if the rallye's road worthy

Especially if it's all that commuting just for one 15 minute session...

50/50 on this now

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:

Yeah and as mentioned there's a few manics out there.
I'm only going to go to catch up with a few people I ain't seen for a while
Thanks given by:
(15-12-2015, 11:46 AM)Lwilliams Wrote: 1. Eeyore
2. cully
3. ginge
4. lolsteve
5. Piggy +1
6. orta
7.impotentials
8. Lwilliams
9.Day666
Thanks given by:
The club calendar shows this being the same day as the clubs ace cafe day, are we not doing ace cafe if all the staff are gonna be at combe?
Thanks given by:
Guys you always have a great turn out for this ....
I'm expecting 3-4 more guys who are on both The 6 forum & here to go !

As always I park in your group bit at the side or back as you all know I spend most of the day on the track Rofl

It would be great to see another big turn out & I'll be able to give a few of you a passenger ride this time ....well as long as you will fit into my bucket seat that is Rofl
Thanks given by:
I'll take a ride day666!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yes No Probs Piggy ...

having my car sorted at mo since last time you saw it it's having ...full welded in cage by Mike Edwards & Black Art Design front Coilovers with Russain Guy top mounts & 30mm ARB with Bilstein Group A rear Dampers...
Also Lightened flywheel with Helix Paddle ( C Metallic ) clutch & Helix Pressure plate...all stripped with (Twangy) Carbon front & rear door panels electric window pod mount

Hopefully much safer & extra bit quicker than last year ?
Thanks given by:
If I turn up I'd like a passenger ride! I don't think I'll be going on track for this one in my own car though.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2016, 06:35 PM)Day666 Wrote: Yes No Probs Piggy ...

having my car sorted at mo since last time you saw it it's having ...full welded in cage by Mike Edwards & Black Art Design front Coilovers with Russain Guy top mounts & 30mm ARB with Bilstein Group A rear Dampers...
Also Lightened flywheel with Helix Paddle ( C Metallic ) clutch & Helix Pressure plate...all stripped with (Twangy) Carbon front & rear door panels electric window pod mount

Hopefully much safer & extra bit quicker than last year ? 

Car sound awesome mate,makes me want to throw some money at mine :Smile 
Trying to save some money so not doing action days this year but hopefully have some extra bits for FCS
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2016, 07:03 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: The club calendar shows this being the same day as the clubs ace cafe day, are we not doing ace cafe if all the staff are gonna be at combe?

the ace day was planned well before combe announced their date. I for one havent decided where im going to be if anywhere!
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2016, 07:21 PM)Eeyore Wrote:
(23-01-2016, 07:03 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: The club calendar shows this being the same day as the clubs ace cafe day, are we not doing ace cafe if all the staff are gonna be at combe?

the ace day was planned well before combe announced their date. I for one havent decided where im going to be if anywhere!

to be honest i think the action day has outpriced itself for track time against the 2 hr track slots of FCS
i may be going to Ace for the day instead have not made up my mind yet though Undecided

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Do like the sound of ace as
1.never been to ace before.
2.combe's prices are getting silly.

Is there a meet thread for the oc at ace yet ?
Thanks given by:
Have you got space for one more car
Thanks given by:
From the sounds of it there will be quite a few spaces spare

I'm giving this a miss now. Went to my local track this weekend which did 3 sessions for £50 (session being about 11 minutes so a little shorter although combe is never 15 minutes anyway) plus its sub hours drive rather than 3 lol

Will still be doing FCS though due to it being a good weekend

Thanks given by:
(31-01-2016, 11:10 PM)7057sam Wrote: Do like the sound of ace as
1.never been to ace before.
2.combe's prices are getting silly.

Is there a meet thread for the oc at ace yet ?

I second this.

Action Day is getting too pricey for me also
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I'm definitely attending iv sent payment to 306oc
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2016, 03:28 PM)Niall Wrote: Afternoon Guys

Combe are doing things a little differently this year. In the past we have been given 10 free tickets which we have distributed on a first come first serve basis. This year they are charging for all of them.
These will be booked through the club so unlike FCS, i will be collecting the money.

Vehicle pass (which includes access for your car, driver and 3 passengers!) - £12
Track time between 0900-1100 & 1600-1700 - £25
Track time between 1100-1600 - £30

Club spaces are being allocated on a first come first serve basis so we have until the beginning of March to have this secured. Therefore if you would like to attend, i need you to pay by Tuesday 1st March. Payment must be made to the club paypal (payments@306oc.co.uk) and MUST be paid as a gift or you pay the fees. The club will not be paying the difference if you decide to not cover the fees!!
Please ensure you include in the notes what you are paying for e.g what track session, how many etc.
All tickets will be sent to me then distributed before the show.

Once you have paid, please add your name to the list and tell me what you have paid for

list of people originally interested

1. Eeyore
2. cully
3. ginge
4. lolsteve
5. Piggy +1
6. orta
7.impotentials
8. Lwilliams
9.Day666

GTI6 Info

Thanks given by:
Removed from list. Perhaps if attendance drops combe will get the message

1. Eeyore
2. cully
3. ginge
5. Piggy +1
6. orta
7.impotentials
8. Lwilliams
9.Day666

Thanks given by:
1. Eeyore
2. cully
3. ginge
6. orta
7.impotentials
8. Lwilliams
9.Day666

Me off too
...Ace sounds ace.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
[quote='Piggy' pid='575668' dateline='1454453147']
1. Eeyore
2. cully
3. ginge
6. orta
7.impotentials
8. Lwilliams
9.Day666
10.cho99er5000

I'm going so I'll get footage and pic and I'll put it on here for those who are not going
Thanks given by:
Would anyone be interested in a proper track day? Open pit and less money for the time on track would be much better.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(03-02-2016, 09:20 AM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Would anyone be interested in a proper track day? Open pit and less money for the time on track would be much better.

I'm doing combe on the 20th Feb full track day open pit Wink

GTI6 Info

Thanks given by:
I don't go for the track time, I go for the social aspect and to watch the muppets fall off the track lol

I doubt numbers will drop, plenty of non old french tat owners go along that have enough cash to waste.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(03-02-2016, 09:45 AM)cully Wrote:
(03-02-2016, 09:20 AM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Would anyone be interested in a proper track day? Open pit and less money for the time on track would be much better.

I'm doing combe on the 20th Feb full track day open pit Wink

Bit soon for me, I want to get the s16 done first, sod driving the daily on a track day!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Show: Castle Combe - Forge Action Day - 08/09/18 Eeyore 15 15,928 10-09-2018, 05:01 PM
Last Post: cully
  Show: Castle Combe - Spring Action Day - 07/04/18 Eeyore 43 18,344 08-04-2018, 10:35 PM
Last Post: Cho99er5000
  Show: Castle Combe - Summer Action Festival - 07/07/18 Eeyore 0 2,146 06-11-2017, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Eeyore