Colleagues stolen laptop, IP trace (talk talk isp)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colleagues stolen laptop, IP trace (talk talk isp)
Hi guys, I know I don't show much anymore but the other boy I work with had his house burgled a couple of  days ago (2 laptops and a £300 watch went missing), luckily I had put team viewer on his laptop and last night managed to remote in and get their WiFi SSID and their WAN IP. If someone can get me an address that would be great as I'm not too convinced that police will be too bothered but we will be passing the info we now have over to them.

SSID is TALKTALK67E64E
WAN IP is 79.68.157.43 on 03/12/2015 at 6:41 pm
Thanks given by:
IDK how accurate this is. The lat/long I got from somewhere else was slightly different, could just be where the exchange is.

http://www.speedguide.net/ip/79.68.157.43

EDIT: Checked my IP address on the same site, puts me down as Wolverhampton, not Bromley in Kent so not really sure how useful it is now.
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2015, 01:28 PM)stevieg Wrote: Hi guys, I know I don't show much anymore but the other boy I work with had his house burgled a couple of  days ago (2 laptops and a £300 watch went missing), luckily I had put team viewer on his laptop and last night managed to remote in and get their WiFi SSID and their WAN IP. If someone can get me an address that would be great as I'm not too convinced that police will be too bothered but we will be passing the info we now have over to them.

SSID is TALKTALK67E64E
WAN IP is 79.68.157.43 on 03/12/2015 at 6:41 pm

Dynamic IP's in UK make IP's more or less useless.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
it will be the local TalkTalk exchange Wink
which is not much help as mine is 40 miles away from my connection

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
You need to contact Talktalk with the *precise* time and say that's the WAN IP at that time and give them the SSID, iirc that might be part of the serial number of the router - that should be of massive help to them.

That should allow them to give you a precise location (if their Data Protection bullshit doesn't get in the way) since they'll have logs of where every WAN IP was assigned at any time.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
they wont release the information without a court order,

you wont get a court order unless you are the police for this sort of thing as it is their jurisdiction..

i did find when i went to them with some pertinent information regarding a load of stuff that was halfinched from my garden they were most forthcoming with assistance.. so see.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
If you can use team viewer to take control of the laptop, do so and go onto google maps and let it find the location Wink
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2015, 05:38 PM)Niall Wrote: If you can use team viewer to take control of the laptop, do so and go onto google maps and let it find the location Wink

its never very accurate though is it? worth a shot though.... just dont let the guy know you are on it as he will just turn teamviewer off!
Thanks given by:
First I watched it hibernate due to low battery, second they will need to buy a charger as they left it in the house so I don't think it will show again for a little while. I watched them browse the gucci site looking at bags and shoes for about an hour then after I thought they left it I grabbed the info then shut it down but popped online again and they went to youtube, searched for some african music this is when it hibernated. They were caught on neighbour's CCTV to be a male and female both IC3.

Good shout on GMaps Niall ThumbsUp next time it pops up I will try it. Yes I immediately traced the IP with web tools and they all came back to central london so thats going to be the city's exchange servers apart from one which showed enfield area (bearing in mind the burglary happened in tottenham) so this one I might have to re visit.
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2015, 05:51 PM)Eeyore Wrote:
(04-12-2015, 05:38 PM)Niall Wrote: If you can use team viewer to take control of the laptop, do so and go onto google maps and let it find the location Wink

its never very accurate though is it? worth a shot though.... just dont let the guy know you are on it as he will just turn teamviewer off!

Mine is accurate to my house. I wonder if it depends on your ISP?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Google maps (or find my i phone or whatever) isn't good enough for the police to get a warrant so I wouldn't bother.

The IP thing sounds like a go-er though if the police can request the information but someone will have a shock if these f*ckers are stealing WIFI too.
Thanks given by:
I doubt they are stealing wifi, doing card fraud is more likely going by what they were looking at unless they were getting happy down below looking at gucci stuff, minimum price I saw while watching them was £350 for shoes. The Enfield trace looks like its coming back to the Ponders End exchange, will have a scout around the area tomorrow after work just incase but I doubt it will bring results
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wireless dongle; talk to me. ginge191 13 3,037 22-01-2017, 12:24 PM
Last Post: MisterGTR
  Tool Box Talk cully 22 5,451 26-07-2016, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Frosty
  stolen stuff John1.4 17 3,772 08-12-2015, 02:34 PM
Last Post: r3k1355