(Help) Seat-heater trouble shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Help) Seat-heater trouble shooting
So the light comes on when the button is pressed down, but there's no heat coming?
I figure the heaters might be dead, but how can I make sure they are and that there's not another problem?
Pug 306 Ph2 1997
Thanks given by:
We never had seat heating as an option on the 306 in the UK so not sure we can be much help!

I would assume they use a relay to switch a 12v feed? If so test for 12 volt at the plug when you push the button. If no voltage, check the fuse and relay (if applicable). If there is power there but still not working, the heater is most likely broken. You could try outing a direct 12v to it just to make sure.
Thanks given by: distinctionx
(24-11-2015, 10:18 AM)Toms306 Wrote: We never had seat heating as an option on the 306 in the UK so not sure we can be much help!

I would assume they use a relay to switch a 12v feed?  If so test for 12 volt at the plug when you push the button.  If no voltage, check the fuse and relay (if applicable).  If there is power there but still not working, the heater is most likely broken.  You could try outing a direct 12v to it just to make sure.

Thanks, my pug is my very first car and has owned her for just 5 months.
Never been a cars-enthusiast before, so I'm trying to learn anything I can.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  spot lamps front trouble thehytheman 2 1,483 08-09-2013, 06:06 PM
Last Post: thehytheman