Leak in passenger footwell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leak in passenger footwell
Wassup guys. Tried searching a similar thread but not able to find what I need. Got a leak in the passenger side footwell. Automatically thought dying heater matrix but upon closer inspection it doesn't seem that way. The leak seems to be coming from the Bung for the aircon pipes. Also seems to happen when raining (as far as I can tell)
Anyone else had this issue? What's the best way about going to fixing this?

[Image: 23b400166e5ccbe66bd9653003e39611.jpg]
[Image: 8de3bfd5b345a5883c7da58da6df17b2.jpg]
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Scuttle panel off, clear all of the leaves and shit out from under there and make sure that the air intake cover is securely in place.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2015, 10:49 AM)Niall Wrote: Scuttle panel off, clear all of the leaves and shit out from under there and make sure that the air intake cover is securely in place.

That was gonna be tonight's job. I just hope that's it. Just more than happy right now that it doesn't appear to be matrix. Is it correct that there are some sort of drains in the intake?

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Check the foam layer over the top of the intake duct as well, if that's ripped it can let water in.
Thanks given by:
As Niall said and make sure you clear all the leaves out from under the wiper motor ( big cavity ) if its full of water poke around the middle bottom with a chopstick or similar to clear the drain hole! Once the waters gone get some small hands to fish out the crap thats left in there!
Don't be wearing nice new white trainers when you clear the drains lol
Thanks given by:
I had a quick feel of the foam layer it seemed a bit wonky. I'll inspect properly when I take the scuttle off later.

Aha I'll wear some wellies in that case then [emoji28]

Just a thought. Had my clutch done about a week or so back. Hadn't been that wet until the last 2 days when I noticed the wet footwell... I've also noticed the liner piece over the end of the gearbox on the passenger side is missing. Think this is a coincidence to the leak?.. Hoping Zakk has one free out of his mountain of spares.

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Does the cable run through a grommet/ seal on the bulkhead?
Was the cable replaced? Maybe upset a seal while messing with cable?
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2015, 12:26 PM)Redordead89 Wrote: Does the cable run through a grommet/ seal on the bulkhead?
Was the cable replaced? Maybe upset a seal while messing with cable?

It does but that's drivers side. On the passenger side there's a seal with plastic pipes (aircon related I believe) Which has seemed slightly damp but can't be 100% sure that's the source of the leak. But is the only part that's damp except the carpet [emoji25]
Hopefully get to the bottom of this after work.

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
That AC drain grommet is really thick, I can't see that leaking from a bit of puddle splashing tbh! Confused Though I guess it may've been disturbed while changing clutch somehow, wouldn't hurt to check it's all still in place properly.
Thanks given by:
That's what I thought when I looked at it when I was planning to do a direct live wire for my rear amp, looked real thick and I couldn't be doing with the hassle so I left it. Wonder if it's deteriorated :/ either way. All good ideas to have a look at!

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
I cut a hole in it once for an amp cable back before I got old and boring lol, saved drilling metal.
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2015, 12:59 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I cut a hole in it once for an amp cable back before I got old and boring lol, saved drilling metal.

Old, lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another wet passenger footwell Stevers 2 1,981 10-02-2021, 03:40 PM
Last Post: Stevers
  Wet Passenger Footwell, no coolant loss.... BikeJake68 2 3,128 12-05-2018, 10:34 AM
Last Post: Toms306
  Electrical burning smell and smoke in passenger footwell DeeTurbo 11 2,164 20-04-2016, 09:44 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo