Heater fan stuck on max setting?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heater fan stuck on max setting?
As above, no matter where I turn the dial, it always spins at max setting, if I turn it down to auto, it slows down ever so slightly.

Any advice?
Thanks given by:
Sounds like the cable has popped off the back? Im not sure if that one is cable driven. Im sure someone else will know.
Thanks given by:
That one isn't, the dial to change the location of the heat is on a cable, I've got two control panels too, tried them both and still the same thing
Thanks given by:
I reckon it's the motor at fault. The resistor pack is built into the motor on the ph2/3 iirc. Fairly cheap and easy to replace, as long as youlike laying upside down in footwells.
Thanks given by:
I don't! I've changed it 3 times now and it only stays in with 2 bolts, because the bolts physically don't grip on two of the holes Sad
Thanks given by:
Tom there is no resistor pack like the one you are thinking on the manual control 306s.

Try unplugging the temp sensor in the overhead console and see if your issue persists.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
This may be me being very stupid but overhead console is the thing with the interior light in, right? It's midnight I'm allowed to be stupid haha.
Thanks given by:
(07-11-2015, 12:03 AM)WukaChop Wrote: This may be me being very stupid but overhead console is the thing with the interior light in, right? It's midnight I'm allowed to be stupid haha.

i think so. fairly sure there is a temp probe in there!
Thanks given by:
(05-11-2015, 10:43 PM)Niall Wrote: Tom there is no resistor pack like the one you are thinking on the manual control 306s.

Try unplugging the temp sensor in the overhead console and see if your issue persists.

I thought the variable resistor thing (maybe poor wording on my part) was in the motor housing with that massive heat sink?

And yes, you are correct about the overhead console Lewis.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Heater on low setting perminant 306 Welshy_Pete 11 3,133 17-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Last Post: kingy