306 Estate GTi6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 Estate GTi6
What part of the AC pump was leaking?
Thanks given by:
On the gasket between the two halves of the pump body. Was probably serviceable but I was rather safe than sorry.
Thanks given by:
Hmm... I seem to have missed some posts. The dials come from moman.pl. Today, after much persuasion I finally received my full order, so not really happy with the process but happy with the quality.
Thanks given by:
As discussed in the Shoutbox... some more detailed pictures of my headlights. I'll do a movie soon of the light-output and all.

[Image: 360.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Subscribe. Verry clean car and i like it. Like the "trip computer" inside the speedometer. Would you tell more about the projectors in the headlights? Did they fit without any big modifications? Black masks? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Depends on what you call big modifications. I have added custom full-colour LED rings that made this install more difficult than it had to be. In essence opening up the light, cutting a tab out of the chrome plastic for clearance and drilling a hole in the back cover for the cables is all the 'difficult' stuff. The rest is straight-forward assembly work.

I personally like the crystals better on a light car than the black masks. So they will remain like this.
Thanks given by: CrazyTo
Ok, so let me start with some f*cked up news first. The place where I store my 205, and a lot of other stuff including tools was broken in to. Most of my tools are stolen, as are the Jenvey bodies, a Dash2 Pro, and various assorted "smaller" stuff like 6-point harnesses, Aerocatches. Major setback in finishing the 205, I acquired all these things over the past 5 years so will need some time to buy everything back. This also means that ITB'ing the 306 is not going to happen.

As for the Estate, I am busy with the front-end at the moment. I want to blend in the "hockey-sticks" with the grill. And I think I am going to re-do the lights in Valeo units since the Depo's have a very poor fit.

Also installed a DAB+ antenna.

Thanks given by:
Really shit news about the break in. Sorry to hear that.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Working on Spotify support for the dash-computer. Album art is almost done, this seems like the hardest part.

Progress bar is next.

Thanks given by:
Hey Ron,

Now I know what your secret plan with the 306 is Wink

As for the DEPO lights... I think they have a perfect fit. The reason why they might not fit well is when the front end was not put back as originally fitted. I saw that with the phase swap of my convertible. The "bril" (I forgot the English name) needs to be fitted very precise for the lights to fit well in the side panels.
Thanks given by:
thats terrrible news :/ now cctv or anything?
Thanks given by:
@Joep: yeah, this is part of the story. The rest will follow in due time.

@Eeyore: no, no CCTV, no insurance. But that's my own doing off-course. Just sucks big floppy donkey d... I already bought a tool upgrade back, so now I have a nice tool trolley. But the rest of the stuff has to wait. Also buying a new house at the moment so a lot of other things going on.
Thanks given by:
That sucks to hear about the breakin dude hope all is back to normal again soon.
Check Out My Build Threads // Puglet Build 
Thanks given by:
Since I need the ‘6 head for the 205. I have a new plan for the 306. I’ve got a nice EW10J4S engine mated to an ML6c gearbox. I’ll add some pictures later. But I am on the hunt for a bottom engine mount. Anyone got a clue about what would potentially fit? I will be using the ML driveshafts with the big bearing.

Crap; I just saw the read-only announcement. I think I will document my progress on 205gtidrivers forum then.
Thanks given by:
Don't panic, the site is just blocked to new members at the moment, most of whom were spammers. Existing members can still post on the site as before. The thought to make it read only hasn't got any further.
Thanks given by:
I don't panic that easily, I always have my towel handy.

In any case. Let me continue here as well.

I think that will be fun in the Estate.
Thanks given by:
Crikey, that's making good numbers. For sure that'll make an estate a total sleeper, providing the wheels don't just spin! What's been done to it?! From memory that's exceeding what a standard gearbox can handle but Welshpug  might be kind enough to confirm.
Thanks given by:
It has an ML6c gearbox which is rated for well over 300 (340-370 iirc) Nm as standard. So I think that will be able to hold up.

It's a EW10J4S with forged internals and a TD04HL-15G on a DaLuz manifold. It's a bit messy all around so I want to do some minor improvements and test fit it soon. I think it will need some subframe adaptations and so on. It also is missing a wiring loom so I need to make one. And I need to find a solution for the hydraulic clutch. So lot's of issues to overcome, but a nice prospect.
Thanks given by: