Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Grin 
Hey am new to the pug scene, Just getting used to how this site works lol 

Ive just bought pug 306 hdi on Y reg

Also anyone on here from around leeds/bradford ends???
Thanks given by:
Welcome  Smile

What are your plans for the car ?

Pictures of the car please .
Thanks given by:
welcome to the club. Get a stage 1 map on there and youll love it! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Hey shall be posting pic up soon hopefully tomorrow....

Been trying to get hold off mr whippy for re-map but cant seem to get hold off him lol
Thanks given by:
Mr Whippy is very hard to get a hold of, has a lot going on recently, id go for Jammapic in Manchester area if you want a drive in drive out service Smile
Thanks given by:
Any idea how to get hold off mr whippy i.e contact number or wheres his garage based in leeds?

Thanks
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't bother him at the moment if he hasn't replied to you, hes got a lot on his plate and hasn't done many remaps in the last year.
Thanks given by:
Thats fine mate...

By the way do you know how much he charged for stage one remap.. Just curious
Thanks given by:
Doesn't look like he's doing remaps bud so price doesn't matter, go with one of the other mappers mentioned above or find another one!
How does the car you bought drive?
Anything to worry about?
Don't go spending all your spare cash on angel eyes and stage1 til you know the cars worth spending it on!
Get a thousand miles in it then you will know it a little better and where you need to spend to make it sweet and THEY REALLY CAN BE SWEET!
Usually they are worn out in front suspension and brakes and rear brakes tend to start binding on at this age, handbrake cables are worth doing if they look tired, all bushes on the wishbone or prefferably new wishbones ( cheaper than buying all the bushes seperate ) drop links, track rod ends and anti roll bar bushes tend to let go after years of neglect and abuse!
The rear suspension beam starts squeaking then creaking then wallet out for £300ish, See Stef205 on here if yours is Puggered!
I'm not even going to start on elecs and body but I'm sure some other threads and members will fill you in on all the joys involved in 306 ownership! Lol
Thanks given by:
A year and a half ago when I got mine done by him when he was doing loads I went and saw him and he did it for £150 including road tests and diagnostics Smile
Unfortunateky he doesnt really do many anymore at all now 
Got for Jammapic mate, hes the 2nd most local and pretty good too
Thanks given by:
That's true redordead89 to be honest I've only bought this couple off days ago it's my second 306 the previous car I had was 306 and its standard only had that for couple off months but the engine is pretty load but everything else seem good on both the pugs... Soo I bought theis as a project car mate
Thanks given by:
Cool as fk mate, I wish you all the wells with it! And will watch the progress as it comes but as a fairly new pug owner there's a lot to live with but so much real world real car knowledge to be gained from owning and working a 306! Anyone disagrees can sing a song of sixpence!!!
Great car in standard form and will serve you well if you look after it and even better when you rip an a4 driving twat with his pish start stop BS modern gonna fail in 7 years in a real expensive way tech into your mirror lol bliss be the 306 with a we turbo on it
Thanks given by:
Liam one of the other Mods on here is from Leeds, I'm not far away in Doncaster, welcome to the club fella Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2015, 01:40 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Liam one of the other Mods on here is from Leeds, I'm not far away in Doncaster, welcome to the club fella Smile
Hi Matt, my 306 faces 2-3 days more insurance before winter rebuild with parts already here but do you know if before said member still has the
Ightened flywheel for the TU. any idea how much? 5 kids and a 307 SW so working to a shit budget for my buggy!
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2015, 01:50 AM)Redordead89 Wrote:
(27-10-2015, 01:40 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Liam one of the other Mods on here is from Leeds,  I'm not far away in Doncaster, welcome to the club fella Smile
Hi Matt, my 306 faces 2-3 days more insurance before winter rebuild with parts already here but do you know if before said member still has the
Ightened flywheel for the TU. any idea how much? 5 kids and a 307 SW so working to a shit budget for my buggy!

I don't mate, have you asked him? Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Soo ive got two 306 hdi to play about with lol and really looking forward too it Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I am still doing mapping... actually making a living from it these days. All information / messaging can be found on my facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/DervTech
JP
Thanks given by: