Nurburgring 2016

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nurburgring 2016
The petrol wouldn't be a similar weight... It'd be something light and revvy for track, not a bloody diesel or heavy, rolly comfort spec car. Wink

Thought you'd have been on here long enough to know by now lol, I'm agoraphobic... Can't/Don't travel more than an hour from home... Germany is a bit more than that. Confused
Thanks given by:
Fair enough, guessing the Focus weighs around the 1400kg mark?
Never knew that Tom, but now I do, knew bout the IBS though Smile
Will you be making FCS/Pugfest next year? Smile
Thanks given by:
Last year myself and 4 others made a 2200 mile round trip of it over 11 days. We went through 7 different countries and a LOT of mountain passes, including a three day stay near the ring with a few laps for good measure. We took a tuned hdi, a gti6 and a z3 2.8 and drove them pretty hard all the way round. Total cost per person? £450. That's every last penny accounted for, breathalysers,insurance, beer, camping, laps, the lot.

Use your brain a bit and it can be done cheaply: Ferry tickets are cheaper mid-week at unpopular times of day. If there's more than one person in a car you can save on a night's camping by splitting the driving overnight. Cater in a group and cook dinner at the campsite rather than going out. Take a big tent because it's cheaper to have one large pitch than 3 small ones. Keep an eye on fuel station prices and fill up when it's cheap, not just when you need to. You get the idea.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(25-10-2015, 01:42 PM)MY95 Wrote: Fair enough, guessing the Focus weighs around the 1400kg mark?
Never knew that Tom, but now I do, knew bout the IBS though Smile
Will you be making FCS/Pugfest next year? Smile

Yeah 1357kg book figures, mine has option electric heated leather interior so they probably add extra, plus my tool box lol... Fortunately I weigh about the same as a feather though. lol

It's all sort of linked tbh, and no I won't be coming to any major Pug meets unless they move them closer to my house. Tongue
Thanks given by:
(25-10-2015, 09:01 AM)Toms306 Wrote: The petrol wouldn't be a similar weight...  It'd be something light and revvy for track, not a bloody diesel or heavy, rolly comfort spec car. Wink

Thought you'd have been on here long enough to know by now lol, I'm agoraphobic...  Can't/Don't travel more than an hour from home...  Germany is a bit more than that. Confused

Tom make it your challenge for next year.if bools can handle it I'm thinking of driving.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2015, 07:12 AM)Poodle Wrote: Last year myself and 4 others made a 2200 mile round trip of it over 11 days. We went through 7 different countries and a LOT of mountain passes, including a three day stay near the ring with a few laps for good measure. We took a tuned hdi, a gti6 and a z3 2.8 and drove them pretty hard all the way round. Total cost per person? £450. That's every last penny accounted for, breathalysers,insurance, beer, camping, laps, the lot.

Use your brain a bit and it can be done cheaply: Ferry tickets are cheaper mid-week at unpopular times of day. If there's more than one person in a car you can save on a night's camping by splitting the driving overnight. Cater in a group and cook dinner at the campsite rather than going out. Take a big tent because it's cheaper to have one large pitch than 3 small ones. Keep an eye on fuel station prices and fill up when it's cheap, not just when you need to. You get the idea.
I have a large (I mean 3 double 'rooms') [Hi-Gear Sahara 6] I was planning to sell off on Ebay (2nd attempt) if any one wants it.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
http://www.nuerburgring.de/en/drives-fun...leife.html

Dates are up now guys can we pick a month that would be good for us or something?

I'm easy going for when ever...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nurburgring trip 2018 Frosty 120 58,163 29-05-2018, 01:39 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Europe/Nurburgring Summer 2017 MY95 8 3,616 28-02-2017, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  April 2014. Nurburgring Jonny81191 280 86,038 24-05-2014, 09:28 PM
Last Post: Poodle