Nurburgring 2016

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nurburgring 2016
(21-10-2015, 11:48 AM)Poodle Wrote: Can you go round when it's not a tf day then? I was under the impression that's the only time the public get access...

Yes, on a dedicated trackday/weekend. 

(21-10-2015, 12:55 PM)MY95 Wrote: Whats tf stand for? And you coming poodle? Smile

TF stands for Touristfahren, public open day. In my experience of the place, you have to pick your times carefully if you want a decent run at a lap. Can be carnage when busy, frustrating too as nobody moves over for faster cars.
2001 BMW 330Ci
2012 VW High Up
1988 205 GTi 1.6
1990 205 Mi16
Thanks given by:
(21-10-2015, 01:22 PM)-ER- Wrote: I think I'll go in June. I hope I can be there

Do it! It'll be the first international 306oc meet lol

I'll hopfully be going over at some point, when I have no idea but I've been putting money away all year for it so Tongue
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(21-10-2015, 10:06 AM)Alan_M Wrote: Could be tempted, although it depends on a two things....When you're going as TF days are chaos and after my last trip out promised myself that I would never do TF again, and if my 205 is ready (I refuse to take the diesel round as I'll break it and it'll be boring anyway).

Quote:should be able to find out some inside info to as a mate of mine goes yearly with the scooby lot

What 'inside' info do you want to know?

Dont know nuffin yet. Sure he will have some tips for us though! Hotels etc.
Thanks given by:
It looks like a few are up for it come on steve Smile I'm on your side, I actually like rovers my dad got me into them with the tomcat Tongue
Thanks given by:
(21-10-2015, 05:28 PM)Alan_M Wrote:
(21-10-2015, 11:48 AM)Poodle Wrote: Can you go round when it's not a tf day then? I was under the impression that's the only time the public get access...

Yes, on a dedicated trackday/weekend. 

(21-10-2015, 12:55 PM)MY95 Wrote: Whats tf stand for? And you coming poodle? Smile

TF stands for Touristfahren, public open day. In my experience of the place, you have to pick your times carefully if you want a decent run at a lap. Can be carnage when busy, frustrating too as nobody moves over for faster cars.

Fair play, guess they don't advertise those on the website, or at least not that i've seen. Sounds much better lol, dare i ask how much..? Completely agree about the public days, although it is better at the start/end of the season when i've been before.

Probably not coming this time, got a hell of a year ahead with minimal spare cash.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(21-10-2015, 08:27 PM)lolsteve Wrote:
(21-10-2015, 01:22 PM)-ER- Wrote: I think I'll go in June. I hope I can be there

Do it! It'll be the first international 306oc meet lol

I'll hopfully be going over at some point, when I have no idea but I've been putting money away all year for it so Tongue

If steve goes ill go and so will srowell probably
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Even more reason for steve to go Smile that brings us to 6 if you and rowell are willing to go
Thanks given by:
What sort of budget can you do it on ?? £500 ?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
me and the wife did this in april 2014 we went with 5 other cars = 8 people

mine and the wifes expences broke down as so.......

for anyone that is interested in doing this trip i will do a breakdown of the cost
to show what it has cost me so you have some idea on the expense

trip is base on myself and my wife sharing
6 nights away
1st night at a travel lodge on the m20 close to the eurotunnel
5 nights in germany in a shared chalet with 8 people
with return ticket on the Eurostar channel tunnel

Cost breakdown.....
Accomadation 6x nights + train tickets ..................................................£380
Fuel cost 183 litres Full trip .................................................................£260.69
Spending money euros mostly food/beer/RingTaxi/casewine/dutyfrees ...£531.97
4 laps @ the ring ...............................................................................£84.89
card payments/Food/museum/souvenirs/wife treat ..............................£134.25
TOTAL...............................................................................................£1391.80

the prices above have included the credit card charges for euro conversions when buying fuel ect, also the charges for drawing the spending euros on a credit card as cash

honestly you could spunk a whole load more money on laps and the other guys did!
the above dont include
Breakdown cover cost me £9 as a insurance policy addon
health insurance £40 for us as a couple for the trip

i have work out the MPG on the whole trip for my GTI6
183ltrs i did 1273.6 miles works out to 31.63Mpg

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
More than what I expected but still up for it Tongue thanks cully for giving a break down
Thanks given by:
remember when we went we stayed at a nice self catering holiday challet that had 3 double rooms lounge and kitchen bathroom car port BBq
if i were to go again i would surely do the same as i like home comforts like a shower and a good cooked meal
at the moment the same park is £946 for 3x doubles = £157 each for 6 people sharing top to tail in 3 doubles for 4 nights

so take your girlfriend/wife on a 4 day break 27/4/2016 -1/5/2016

GTI6 Info

Thanks given by:
With the euro going up in value over the years, my 'Ring budget has gone up to £1000 for a 4day trip. I first went in 2002 (I think - PowerandTorque can help me here) and a lap was something like 7euros. I think it's near 22 now and I'll rack up 20laps easy hence the increased budget!

As for hotels, Eddies is a petrolheads mecca (Hotel auf dem Nordschleife). You can see it on games of the place at Ex-Muhle. Always puts on a decent welcome and has garages for spares storage. My favourite has to be the Dorint, expensive but if you're lucky, you'll get a balcony over the start/finish straight of the GP circuit and the bar is cool! Got a picture of my 205 parked next to a brand new Porsche Carrera GT when I stayed there.

But, I usually stay at the Blau Ecke. Right in the centre of Adenau, nice bar and walking distance to Pinocchios (cheap pizza) and the steak-on-a-stone restaurant.

Sod camping, i'm too old for that shit now.
2001 BMW 330Ci
2012 VW High Up
1988 205 GTi 1.6
1990 205 Mi16
Thanks given by:
I was thinking of a long weekend for this, plus Cully's expenses are for two people as well as 6 days worth, so that's a lot more than it would actually cost for this. But interesting to see though Cully Smile

Doing anything more than a long weekend is going to cost mega dosh and will restrict the amount of people able to do this for both financial and time reasons.
Could even camp like Jonny and Rocker did a few years ago on the club ring trip to keep costs down if necessary.

What I was thinking:

Overnight stop at Calais Thursday or Friday night depending on whether people could take the Friday off or not. Not many miles for most but 350 plus ferry for me plus would be a nice stopping point for the next day.
Friday/Saturday morning drive to the nurburgring then get a few laps in mid/late afternoon then stop there overnight too.
Saturday/Sunday morning get a few laps in then head back to Calais for the overnight stop.
Sunday/Monday drive home in the morning.

The last stop in Calais wouldn't be necessary for most I wouldn't think, but as its 350 miles for me from Dover id most likely be stopping overnight there.

For me it would be 1322 miles for all that, so call it 1500 miles at 50mpg = 30 gallons at £5 max = £150 but ive got another 500 miles more than what most have down South lol

Would be nice to hear from those who have done it over a long weekend before.

I reckon you could just about do it on £500 with 2 hotel stops Sam.

This would have to be thought through properly once we get the numbers in for how many people actually definitely want to go and where they want to start/stop etc.
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2015, 06:03 AM)Lwilliams Wrote: Even more reason for steve to go Smile that brings us to 6 if you and rowell are willing to go

Well I guess I'll have to now :lol

(23-10-2015, 07:17 PM)7057sam Wrote: What sort of budget can you do it on ?? £500 ?

+cost of barrier repairs
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2015, 09:35 PM)MY95 Wrote: What I was thinking:

Overnight stop at Calais Thursday or Friday night depending on whether people could take the Friday off or not. Not many miles for most but 350 plus ferry for me plus would be a nice stopping point for the next day.
Friday/Saturday morning drive to the nurburgring then get a few laps in mid/late afternoon then stop there overnight too.
Saturday/Sunday morning get a few laps in then head back to Calais for the overnight stop.
Sunday/Monday drive home in the morning.

Be nice if we could spend all day sunday at the ring, and not worry about leaving. So stay one night at the ring and head back on monday...?
Thanks given by:
i honestly think you need to spend a few days there as when we went for 5 nights
the ring was shut for two days due to accidents and safety issues
going over a weekend it will be busy to on the roads and at the ring
it also gives you some time to explore see some cars on track the region is very nice even without going on track

GTI6 Info

Thanks given by:
All day Saturday/Sunday would fine as long as people have Monday off Smile
Although spending all day there having laps would mean youd shoot past your £500 budget aha
Whats the fuel prices like over there Cully?
Thanks given by:
29/4/2016 Travel lodge Ashford Kent £36 double room
30/4/2016 08:20am Eurotunnel Folkstone £56 per car
30-2/5/2016 2 night Lindner Ferienpark Nürburgring £133 each based on 6 sharing 3 doubles includes bedding,towls,electric
2/5/2016 08:20am Eurotunnel Folkstone £54 per car

that above is friday to bankholiday monday

total £412 a couple + food fuel ring and extras

if your buying 99 octain its very much like our fuel costs for std fuel

GTI6 Info

Thanks given by:
You thinking of going again then cully?
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2015, 09:55 AM)Lwilliams Wrote: You thinking of going again then cully?

maybe..... whistle

GTI6 Info

Thanks given by:
Yes cully!!!!
Thanks given by:
So, a current headcount:

1. MY95
2. Lwilliams
3. 7057Sam
4. Wannagoride (impotentials)
5. Lolsteve
6. Cully

I think we have enough people already for a nice trip and convoy, but it would be nice to get a few more to come too Smile
Any more?
Thanks given by:
Long weekend works best for me. £1000 is way over my budget.
Thanks given by:
The above is the same for me, im more looking to spend around £500.
Ferry would save a substantial amount of money and be a nice break from driving rather than using the tunnel, could get some food on the ferry etc.
Thanks given by:
you cant budget to spend £500 as you can hit a barrier and it will cost you £3000 euros or more
so factor in hidden costs even if you dont spend it

just remember we took 5 cars out last time 1 got wrote off he lost a car that was on finance and had to pay recovery off track and for track repairs
No uk std road insurance will cover you whilst driving on the ring you drive the ring uninsured so dont hit a McLaren or anything hit you

GTI6 Info

Thanks given by:
£3000 if you hit a barrier?? I'd be terrified of doing that lol! Confused
Thanks given by:
So costs ive estimated for general things

Nurburgring

Fuel = £150 (1500 miles at 50mpg)
Ferry = £78 return
Laps = £91 5 laps
Hotel Ashford = £36
Hotel Ring = Single £23-50 per night Double £43-70 per night
Food = £50

Not including breakdown, health insurance or walkie talkies or any other things like that.
Try not to hit another car or crash into a barrier or anything and £500 is doable people lol

(24-10-2015, 09:48 PM)Toms306 Wrote: £3000 if you hit a barrier??  I'd be terrified of doing that lol! Confused

Sure you don't fancy coming in the focus Tom lol
Thanks given by:
If you haven't got the means to pay for a big off then do not go on track.

Ive been a few times and seen some very big and expensive errors, not all made by fast cars either.

Think approx £700-800 as a single person and maybe £500-600 if two sharing a car, room etc.
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2015, 09:53 PM)MY95 Wrote:
(24-10-2015, 09:48 PM)Toms306 Wrote: £3000 if you hit a barrier??  I'd be terrified of doing that lol! Confused

In all honesty, I would like to...the 'ring is about the only circuit I'd like to go on. Would happily take the Focus....towing a nice revvy petrol for the track though. Wink

Couldn't afford it though, not that that's the main issue with me going. lol
Thanks given by:
(25-10-2015, 08:38 AM)Toms306 Wrote:
(24-10-2015, 09:53 PM)MY95 Wrote:

In all honesty, I would like to...the 'ring is about the only circuit I'd like to go on.  Would happily take the Focus....towing a nice revvy petrol for the track though. Wink

Couldn't afford it though, not that that's the main issue with me going. lol

I see what you did there Tom lol
Focus would be even more of a slug though towing a car a similar weight!
Whats the main issue with you going then? Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nurburgring trip 2018 Frosty 120 58,029 29-05-2018, 01:39 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Europe/Nurburgring Summer 2017 MY95 8 3,612 28-02-2017, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  April 2014. Nurburgring Jonny81191 280 85,964 24-05-2014, 09:28 PM
Last Post: Poodle