Ph1 replacing dual bulb headlight assembly with a single bulb H4 one

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ph1 replacing dual bulb headlight assembly with a single bulb H4 one
I need to replace my headlights, and found a new pair of H4 headlights for a very good price.
Will this be a direct swap? What I mean is will the original loom plug right into the new part and will it fit the car properly?
Thanks given by:
Where da fuq did u get a phase 1 blaze from? Only know of one other in this country, well played, sadly the answer is no if they're from a later phase, they won't fit properly and will need rewiring

Hang on, I'm talking balls, you have duel optics I guess, yes I think they should fit and work ok lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I live in Israel, and this was an XSI. I think there is just one here in this color. I know of a few 5 door blaze that exist here, though.

And yes, I'm talking about going from dual optic to single single optic.
Thanks given by:
Should be ok, you may need to change the light stalk as well though.
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Be a shame to switch to the h4, be quite a downgrade.

Dont need to change stalk though.

And as matt says... Epic ph1 blaze!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Reason for a new light stock is that when switching to high beam, it'll turn the low beam filament off in the bulb?

Edit:
Piggy do you mean a downgrade on looks or actual visibility? I'm looking to improve the visibility at night, since on the last MOT the car basically failed MOT due to headlights. And it's hard to see anything at night, even with Osram Night Breaker bulbs.
Would opening them up and giving them a good clean do anything? I'm thinking that the reflectors have just gone. The sun here is brutal on headlights, and this car is almost 20...
Thanks given by:
Yes the twin optics are a good UPgrade from singles.

So you would be downgrading.

It sounds like some one fitted the twins without the stalk...hence you lose the dip beam when switching to high.

You want a twin optic stalk and give them a good clean

With Osrams my twin optics on my ph1 were VERY good tbh
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
My car came with twin optics and the correct stalk as standard, as the low beam stays on when I switch on the high beam.
I guess I'll try to clean the ones I have and see if there's any improvement.
Thanks given by:
If you open up the head lights and carefully place aluminium tape where the chrome has faded it will fix the problem and improve the night light!
If they're faded that is!
My phase1 headlights are very dark too, darker than yours by the looks of it!
Thanks given by:
Thought I'd update this thread. I took out the headlights, opened them up and saw that the curved part of the reflector was simply dusty.
Very carefully I cleaned the reflectors, I also cleaned the glass from the inside, and now the headlights are much much brighter. Previously the car failed the MOT because of them, after the clean it passed without any issues. Guess I'll stick to this set of headlight for a while longer.
Thanks for the help.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fog lights, new bulb ROBCAT 0 1,166 14-06-2018, 09:11 PM
Last Post: ROBCAT
  Odd Bulb Issue... Toms306 20 3,397 04-10-2014, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Connor
  Headlight bulb issue - suggestions? amiek 10 2,559 31-03-2014, 06:09 PM
Last Post: daddyfixit