Cleaning Bosch pump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleaning Bosch pump
I've dissembled my pump and wondering what the best way to clean the bits that are exposed to the outside world; main block and top. I've gone at it with brake cleaner and a wire brush whilst it almost does it, it still leaves a load of crap. I was thinking could I soak them in hot water maybe abit of soap, rinse, stick them in the oven on a low heat evaporate it all off then Dw-40 and brake cleaner for extra measure I want it shining
Thanks given by:
Wire brush attachment on a drill mate
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Ok I'll see what I can find
Thanks given by:
That's how I did mine, go for the softer brass coloured ones, used a bit of brake cleaner to soften the old veg off too lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(25-09-2015, 12:53 PM)blinkyeatu Wrote: Ok I'll see what I can find

[attachment=25236]

Here's one I done few weeks ago just sprayed it with bacis coat 

Sorry if u r neck gets sore don't no why they end up like that

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Oooh that's lovely I think I'll do mine I've got some black and red so guess it'll be that. what did do to clean it? Gunna have a walk into town see if I can find any drill attachments but not got much hope :/
And did you just put it back together the just go nuts and spray everything?
Thanks given by:
I had it all striped down and built it all back up with 12mm head and grov mod and ground lda so whilst it was striped I cleaned every part with wire brush and paint thinners lol then sprayed all the parts separately to make sure I didn't miss any were lol 

Get a picture of ur one wen it's done :-)

Thanks given by:
12mm head!! Are you going mega power then? From what I see the levers inside all need changing for a 12mm head
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(25-09-2015, 04:06 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: 12mm head!! Are you going mega power then? From what I see the levers inside all need changing for a 12mm head
No wen I done It It all worked out ok lol will be going on my twin turbo 306 when I get round to it :-)  have a spear 12mm head so might build anotanother one up soon just to have as a spear
Thanks given by:
I've reassembled it but just thinking should the lever be pressed right up against the governor then require quite abit of pressure to press it back? As I remember it moved quite freely

Dw I've got it
Thanks given by:
(25-09-2015, 10:04 PM)blinkyeatu Wrote: I've reassembled it but just thinking should the lever be pressed right up against the governor then require quite abit of pressure to press it back? As I remember it moved quite freely

Dw I've got it
You have probably seen this before but if not hopefully this will keep you right 
Lol                                                      http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/ve-inj...17456.html
Thanks given by:
Well here it is (bar a couple of bolts ect) 

Only had one suspect washer left over fairly large with a started imprint on one side like but much larger than the one on the throttle shaft
Thanks given by:
Looking well man u any pictures of the left over washer to make sure it's not important :-)
Thanks given by:

It looks to big to go on any of the levers with those teething i do wonder tho if it's from the boost comp part
Thanks given by: