Bosch pump rebuild

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bosch pump rebuild
(27-10-2015, 10:14 AM)andyyy Wrote: Have you got fuel to the pump ?

I normally squeeze the primer until fuel comes out the line, then when it does hold the primer in and push the fuel line onto the pump , then squeeze a few times to fill the pump before bleeding the injector lines.

If so , is it the throttle shaft or Max fuel screw?

yeaa fuels getting to the pump and right up to the injectors just at a very low pressure (which makes me think it is the pump) max fuel and throttle shaft are in standard positions

ive got a clear line just after the bulb, no air bubbles also dont know if it helps but i disconnected the other end of the return line and popped it in a clear container with diesel primed in it but no air bubbles

i did wonder if it might be the filter housing lid as i did replace it when i changed the pump the first time but since ive head it running and would it cause the problems with the return and primer? how can i make sure its sealed properly as i did tighten it
Thanks given by:
Can't you move the clear line to just before the pump? It'll be a far more useful indicator there than just after the bulb tbh.
Thanks given by:
well well its running to a degree i guess.
ended up waving the white flag and took it it the local diesel guy to bench test the pump.
hours later and he had whipped the head and top of to "have a look" replaced the throttle shaft cradle bit, laughed at the gov mod and got rid of that, eventually got it on the bench he twiddled some pits untill it was more or less manufacture spec. £95!! later and it was done.

got it on my car primer still doing weird things, is it even meant to stay solid for long??
had to jump start the car.
ran pretty shoddy, lots of smoke and lumpy idle.
changed ALL the fuel hoses including not very well then 90 deg bit going into the filter housing, put this big round seal that came with my pump kit, between the filter and lid.

either way the primers still not staying firm (maybe abit better) started it and runs alot better was still smoking abit but by the time i drove to the diesel guys it had stopped smoking still hunting abit and the engines making various VERY CONCERNING NOISES!!!.

he thinks its abit retarded, ill have a go tomorrow
also he was very concerned about the belts position on the sprocket as its sitting RIGHT on the outer edge, it doesnt move and just stays like that is also central on the cam sprocket. any ideas? should i be concerned?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slack in bosch pump? dt_ 14 3,388 21-10-2020, 03:41 AM
Last Post: dt_
  Bosch pump help for newbie PugRy 2 1,967 05-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Last Post: jamie182
  Bosch pump fuel screw broken Forby 0 1,467 12-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Forby