Interesting episode of traffic cops....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting episode of traffic cops....
Watching it earlier, a lad in a black 306 D turbo gets pulled over and done for the plates not matching the VIN, at which point he admits to the officer its 'from a same car of the same engine capacity' which he obviously had it seized for

But you can see a gti6 lump sitting there as the policeman closes the bonnet, seemingly unnoticed haha, wasn't mentioned assuming they never knew that part
Thanks given by:
Latest one?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2015, 07:53 PM)Piggy Wrote: Latest one?

Not sure when it came out just saw it today though reg was T62 MND
Thanks given by:
Nah that's at least a couple of years old, seen it before and it amused me, he still got done for it didn't he.
Thanks given by:
What did he get pulled for initially though???

I assume they'd need to inspect the car, check the vin and then check the vin against the plate.
Thanks given by:
He got pulled for driving like an arse iirc? It is an old programme as Dum says.
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2015, 09:13 AM)r3k1355 Wrote: What did he get pulled for initially though???

I assume they'd need to inspect the car, check the vin and then check the vin against the plate.

The police don't need a reason to pull you over, they can do it just to check your documents.

The VIN and engine numbers come up on a normal PNC check on a registration number and also both VIN and Engine are searchable on PNC. It's finding the numbers that's the issue lol.
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2015, 04:08 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: The police don't need a reason to pull you over, they can do it just to check your documents.

Isn't that until you get a 'Freeman on the land' ?
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2015, 04:26 PM)JJ0063 Wrote:
(08-09-2015, 04:08 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: The police don't need a reason to pull you over, they can do it just to check your documents.

Isn't that until you get a 'Freeman on the land' ?

Yeah, they are curious critters, if they honestly believe that police officers have no power outside of common law then why do they pull over for the police when they put the blue lights on? Why do they stay to argue till the police officer eventually smashes their window? Why do they invariably record or video it if they do not believe in the legitimacy of whatever court they surely intend to use that video as evidence in.
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2015, 04:08 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(08-09-2015, 09:13 AM)r3k1355 Wrote: What did he get pulled for initially though???

The police don't need a reason to pull you over, they can do it just to check your documents.

oh yea I know that, but as an avid watcher of Police 'reality' shows the driver of said car always gives the copper a reason to pull them over.

Like the ones you see when someone has a boot full of weed, driving a car thats completely f*cked and with no tax, mot or insurance.
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2015, 09:31 AM)r3k1355 Wrote:
(08-09-2015, 04:08 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:

oh yea I know that, but as an avid watcher of Police 'reality' shows the driver of said car always gives the copper a reason to pull them over.

Like the ones you see when someone has a boot full of weed, driving a car thats completely f*cked and with no tax, mot or insurance.

They usually only get pulled for no seatbelt or being on the phone as well...you'd think they'd be a little more careful. lol
Thanks given by:
'The police can pull you over just to check your documents..'

Oh you mean all the documents that are no longer kept on paper but all online etc? Dont even get a sodding paper driving licence anymore! lol
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
no matt, they pull you over cause you look like a proper dodgy lady garden
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Im yet to be pulled in the megane lol they simply dont bother with it!

The rallye used to be a police magnet Sad around hereford they are really really hot on it unfortunately.
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2015, 02:46 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: 'The police can pull you over just to check your documents..'

Oh you mean all the documents that are no longer kept on paper but all online etc? Dont even get a sodding paper driving licence anymore! lol

The computer only shows that a car is (or isn't) insured and who it's registered to. Whether that person is driving the car and even if that person actually exists are a completely different matter and can only be found out by stopping the car.

Also the law still states you can be required to produce your documents at the road side or within 7 days at a police station.
Thanks given by:
(12-09-2015, 07:24 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(11-09-2015, 02:46 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: 'The police can pull you over just to check your documents..'

The computer only shows that a car is (or isn't) insured and who it's registered to. Whether that person is driving the car and even if that person actually exists are a completely different matter and can only be found out by stopping the car.

Also the law still states you can be required to produce your documents at the road side or within 7 days at a police station.

I really really want to become a traffic cop now, it pisses me off that they have no clue about cars or mechanical engineering in general!

Like the one that tapped my inlet manifold whilst saying "glad to see you left the standard airbox on"  lol
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(12-09-2015, 07:26 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:

I really really want to become a traffic cop now, it pisses me off that they have no clue about cars or mechanical engineering in general!

Like the one that tapped my inlet manifold whilst saying "glad to see you left the standard airbox on"  lol

being a 'Traffic' doesn't mean you need mechanical knowledge Wink
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
I've only ever been pulled over once and that wasn't in the UK, and my exhaust had fallen off.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(12-09-2015, 09:53 AM)Magenta Sunset Wrote:
(12-09-2015, 07:26 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:

being a 'Traffic' doesn't mean you need mechanical knowledge Wink

My point being that they SHOULD have at least a basic mechanical knowledge of the vehicles they are supposed to be policing. would be a massive plus point for them to be able to spot obvious mechanical defects or modifications that shouldn't be there.
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I think the rules with technical offences basically work as "if you don't know get someone who does".
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interesting new technology just made its way into infiniti toseland 6 1,781 18-08-2016, 02:22 AM
Last Post: toseland
  Mighty Car Mods trippy episode DeeTurbo 1 953 07-11-2015, 09:49 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  TomTom Live Traffic Toms306 16 2,972 12-09-2015, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Toms306