Prescott Hill Crash - S/C Lotus Exige leaves track, lands in next field.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prescott Hill Crash - S/C Lotus Exige leaves track, lands in next field.
This has just popped up in my news feed, it's so lucky nobody was killed as it flew over where many of us like to spectate there.
I guess from when it was uploaded it happened last weekend.

Also this photo of the aftermath
[Image: 11145206_10152991439186059_3560170383408...e=566D0BD8]
Thanks given by:
Shit the bed, what on earth did he do?!
Thanks given by:
hit 88mph?
Thanks given by:
Didn't look like he braked very hard hmmm lol
Thanks given by:
Brake lights flickered on twice, guessing his brakes done failed
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Very strange.

Sounds like he still had throttle on as he was trying to stop!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2015, 05:51 PM)Piggy Wrote: Very strange.

Sounds like he still had throttle on as he was trying to stop!?

More than likely panic if brakes failed.. Does sound like it revved up more
Thanks given by:
Brakes failed and he accidentally hit the accelerator while mashing the pedal??

Either way the safety barrier at that corner looks pretty woeful.
Thanks given by:
Aren't safety barriers meant to deform slightly? That one does appear to turn into a ramp though. Confused
Thanks given by:
Christ! Does sound like he gives it some power to take off! Lucky no one was stood there, would have been flattened!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Jesus christ! I did not think that was possible there!

Certainly looks like brakes failed, maybe he rammed it into first in a desperate attempt to lose some pace hence the revving up? Anyones guess what happened really.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
ah the joys of fly by throttles! At first i thought this was colin satchel as he is building one. Just hope that eaton was ok after that! Wink
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2015, 09:56 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Aren't safety barriers meant to deform slightly?  That one does appear to turn into a ramp though. Confused

To be honest, I dont think the track designers/organisers expect anyone to approach a 1st gear hairpin flat out...and then accelerate! lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2015, 11:36 AM)Stef205 Wrote: ah the joys of fly by throttles! At first i thought this was colin satchel as he is building one. Just hope that eaton was ok after that! Wink

FBW throttles are my pet hate lol first mod i did too my clio 172 was a Ph1 throttle body and cable Tongue
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2015, 09:56 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Aren't safety barriers meant to deform slightly?  That one does appear to turn into a ramp though. Confused

Looks more like a paper bag than a safety barrier.
Thanks given by:
#my306wentupPrescotthillfasterthanaLotus Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
For anyone who hasn't been to prescott hill the barrier there is a deep gravel trap and then a substantial tyre wall with double height armco above that.
Thanks given by:
Gravel traps dont slow you down when youre airborne
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2015, 03:58 PM)thododd Wrote: Gravel traps dont slow you down when youre airborne

I think I'd get on with this man Big Grin pmsl
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Watched this a few times before I tagged you boys in it.

He was taking it very easy up until the off so maybe the accelerate got stuck open as he brakes twice before the hairpin.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Pumps/taps the brakes 4 times in quite a regular pattern then seems to accelerate. Very weird. And it's not as if he took the previous corner at any speed.

I'll randomly guess at attempted left foot braking gone wrong or trying to powerslide.

Either way glad no serious injury and convinces me I need a cage in whatever I take to the track.
Thanks given by:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh9DoYYWZ44

for those who want a closer look at that barrier lol
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Yeah I was thinking of same guy Steve! Maybe same driver?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2015, 07:16 AM)lolsteve Wrote: for those who want a closer look at that barrier lol

Barrier does indeed look very solid, I guess if you go flying straight over it doesn't matter how solid it is though.
Thanks given by:
ROFL, where the hell did that guy learn to drive?! and that's without the barrier incident..
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
For all those who didnt recognise it... those flashing lights are either, the "OH f*ck EMERGENCY BRAKING" lights, or the shutter speed of the camera (which i doubt)..

also, the raise in throttle is him lifting off of the clutch in a lower gear...

from the video it doesnt appear he actually braked, but then it also doesnt appear that he is going very fast when he accelerates,.

so... he approached too hot.. possibly brakes failed, had his foot on the clutch and had already downshifted to turn lifted off the clutch and whine... over hte barrier.

from the last comment on the youtube vid..

philipbain 2 days ago
Great video of the incident, I was spectating on the outside of the first bend so we saw it fly into Pardon corner far too fast,, heard the crash and saw the aftermath too as the car landed in a field BEHIND the spectator enclosure!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyQZgLbMM1E

seems its quite a common thing.,
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
My theory is still throttle jam, few punches of the brakes whilst he tries to work out what's gone on.. he's not at full throttle when he's going up the hill yet just before he bins it, it's flat out.

Although notice when the brake lights flicker.. it's 4 flickers at the same time spacing and same length - Could it be the ABS or anything kicking in and he's actually not dabbing the brakes but holding them on? As I know plenty of cars will put the hazards on when the ABS kicks in.

It sounds as if it's a lower gear when it shoots off, has he perhaps tried to slam it in a lower gear to try and engine brake? Obviously couldn't react/think quick enough to turn the ignition off/stick it in neutral

Has the driver not released anywhere what actually happened?
Thanks given by:
Driver with big feet and a car he's not used to? Easy enough to hit the throttle by accident with a tight peddle box. Sounds like he snatched a lower gear just before the throttle was re-applied and it launched!
Thanks given by:
i did have a google, nothing but the video,

wht event was it?

p.s. just did a little googleing, under hard braking the tail lights flash to further highlight the emergency braking proceedure, so i think he overcooked it..
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2015, 11:40 AM)toseland Wrote: i did have a google,    nothing but the video,  

wht event was it?

p.s.  just did a little googleing,    under hard braking the tail lights flash to further highlight the emergency braking proceedure, so i think he overcooked it..

As I thought then, he wasn't tapping the brakes but just had them flat to the floor. Still, he's then let off and booted it straight therefore making me think maybe there was a throttle problem which meant it was stuck wide open?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Server Crash Mighty306 5 1,901 20-12-2023, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Fooby
  Car insurence after non fault crash! P-Courty 10 1,945 14-10-2017, 01:33 PM
Last Post: P-Courty
  a lotus... motorbike... toseland 11 1,771 11-08-2014, 12:09 AM
Last Post: toseland