Zx Estate | GT20

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zx Estate | GT20
Good to hears it's still going ok and got a years ticket on it.

How you finding the febi engine mount? Decent quality?
Thanks given by:
(28-08-2016, 02:38 PM)Frosty Wrote: Good to hears it's still going ok and got a years ticket on it.

How you finding the febi engine mount? Decent quality?

Yeah they're fine

might change out the back one at some point for the spare oem one I have - but obs means removing the driveshaft (again)
Thanks given by:
so clutch change for this one, had started slipping recently which I thought odd as not running mega torque and has recently had a new LUK clutch. 

>>>>>

[Image: IMG_8212_zpskvlnxacy.jpg]

Piggy very kindly donated workshop space to attack this - which I did my best to make a mess of / keep clean.

[Image: IMG_8214_zpsbbj4p2x6.jpg]

Box off fairly quickly, even quicker as there was a bolt missing entirely holding it onto the block

[Image: IMG_8213_zps6hpsvosc.jpg]

Old clutch actually looking pretty new. Previous owner did say he had fitted a brand new one just before selling it.

Shame some of the cover plate bolts were loose - that'll be why it was slipping then! durp.

Tbh could have just cleaned up the clutch plate, cover plate and re-installed and bet it would have held.

However had already procured a practically brand new paddle clutch, so would be daft not to fit it now.

[Image: IMG_8217_zps0dghtxqt.jpg]

faced off the flywheel.

[Image: IMG_8215_zpsa0hvfv5g.jpg]

CG sprung addle clutch form Piggy - looks like its hardly covered any miles, not even bed in yet.

F/S to flywheel sticker providing some useful information

[Image: IMG_8222_zpsmdegqiao.jpg]

new fork bushes

[Image: IMG_8224_zpsqpckq75x.jpg]
new seals

[Image: IMG_8225_zpsix30pyzr.jpg]

and back together with new oil too - complete with missing bolt to hold gearbox on Smile

haven't driven much but feels fine with usual bit of judder inherent to having a paddle clutch Smile
Thanks given by:
For an amazing photographer...you are surprisingly crap at taking pictures Tongue

Honored to have epic zx estate winbus on Piggypower soil
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
yup full potato spec that day
Thanks given by: