New '65 Plates

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New '65 Plates
Seen any on the road today?

I've seen an i10, Fiesta and a Mondeo...

So pretty much what you'd expect lol, nothing exciting!
Thanks given by:
I drove past Wimbledon Audi today. Safe to say there is clearly an abundance of lady gardens on the roads still as there was loads and loads of 65 plate cars waiting for their new owners to take away!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Followed a 65 Vivaro out of Bristol Street Motors Vauxhall in Chesterfield at 9.30am today.
Thanks given by:
I suspect I will see many expensive ones once I'm back at work.
Thanks given by:
The new reg's just prove there is still people with more money than sense.
Thanks given by:
Had a 65 plate in work last week for towbar.. Not regd yet but has number plate in the car
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2015, 06:26 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: The new reg's just prove there is still people with more money than sense.

How?

If no-one bought new cars there'd be no used ones for you and I to buy every few months! Tongue

Tbf, so far it's either company cars/vans or just boring, fairly cheap stuff (except the Audi's but they're most likely pre-reg anyway!). If it was Mercs and Beemers I'd agree lol.
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2015, 06:26 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: The new reg's just prove there is still people with more money than sense.

Indeed
Thanks given by:

Thats just an utterly stupid comment.
The more new reg's we see just proves more how this whole "we're in a recession" thing is bull shit.
Who says that these people have bought these cars? It could be a company car? It could just be on a lease as that particular person likes the lack of hassle of a fully maintained car. Or it could just be that more and more people have the money to buy a new car and not care about its depreciation.

If people do not buy new cars it proves two things. Firstly, older cars will become more expensive. Secondly, people do not have the money to spend which is bad news for the country.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
does a 65 plate DAF lorry count ?
Thanks given by:
saw one today on a fiesta
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2015, 06:40 PM)MrBigMac Wrote: does a 65 plate DAF lorry count ?

Yeah of course! Smile Can't think I've ever seen a new lorry lol.
Thanks given by:
Got a 65 plate series 5 l200 barbarian sat outside my house
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2015, 06:46 PM)Toms306 Wrote:

Yeah of course! Smile  Can't think I've ever seen a new lorry lol.

You're not looking very hard then lol
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2015, 07:18 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote:

You're not looking very hard then lol

This. I drive past the Essex Eddy Stobart depot quite a lot and theres shed loads of brand spanking new lorries there lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(01-09-2015, 06:37 PM)Niall Wrote:

That's just an utterly stupid comment ....... Or it could just be that more and more people have the money to buy a new car and not care about its depreciation

I was talking about the sense not to give away thousands in depreciation, seems senseless to me.
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2015, 07:29 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(01-09-2015, 06:37 PM)Niall Wrote:

That's just an utterly stupid comment ....... Or it could just be that more and more people have the money to buy a new car and not care about its depreciation

I was talking about the sense not to give away thousands in depreciation, seems senseless to me.

Probably seems senseless to you for the same reason as it does to me. You value the money you earn because you have to make it last. You need to remember that a lot of people out there can happily loose thousands and it won't dent their bank balance so they would happily do so for that new car feeling and status.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Tbh it depends what you buy... Mums top spec Swift cost under £10k new, she's spent sod all on it in 3 years due to warranty and it's reliability and has been offered a trade in much better than I was expecting! Probably cost her less than I've spent on 306s in the same amount of time lol, I'm pretty sure she's spent less like that than I have buying the Focus if I were to trade that in now. New cars don't all depreciate that badly, and if you can get a good deal as well as warranty and stuff, I can totally see why people buy brand new. I certainly would if I had the money to do so!
Thanks given by:
A new car is also yours, no one else has owned it. You can also spec it the way YOU want.

I'd never buy one in a million years, but I can see the point.
Thanks given by:
Is not yours if it's on finance
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2015, 05:53 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: Is not yours if it's on finance

Thats not what I meant.

You are its first and only owner, short drives onto and off transporters aside, you are the only one who has driven it. No one else has had their sweaty arse on its seat etc
Thanks given by:
Don't get your knickers in a twist
Thanks given by:
New cars are rubbish, in a purely literal sense. They get better after they've had a few thousand miles put on them. So I'd rather have someone else do that for me and get a car with better economy and emissions!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2015, 09:03 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: Don't get your knickers in a twist

lol why? Because I responded to something you said?
Thanks given by: 1616six
(02-09-2015, 09:07 AM)Kezzieboy Wrote: New cars are rubbish, in a purely literal sense. They get better after they've had a few thousand miles put on them. So I'd rather have someone else do that for me and get a car with better economy and emissions!

You'd rather let someone else do the most important part for longevity and reliabilty? Rather do it myself than let some old lady drive it 5 miles a day to the shop, at 4k rpm slipping the clutch permanently... Only takes a couple of months to do run in mileage. Plus you get something with no wear on it at all, even cars a few months old have wear from inconsiderate and uncareful owners. Sad Not to mention the people that instantly ruin a new car by smoking in it... Dodgy
Thanks given by:

I driven 2 lol
Thanks given by:
I know a few people with jobs that have very well-subsidised lease schemes whereby they can lease brand new cars at a price that makes it a very attractive option over owning a used car once you factor in depreciation costs, servicing costs, higher insurance costs, often higher tax costs, MOT costs and fixing anything that goes wrong costs that a used car will incur.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Been PDI'ing and fitting '65 plates for the last 2 weeks lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2015, 04:23 PM)MrBigMac Wrote:

I driven 2 lol

Lol, I live near one of the biggest ports in the UK as well. lol I just see lorries like ice cream vans...you can't tell me you've ever seen a new ice cream van? I'm sure they leave the factory old!

(02-09-2015, 05:32 PM)Connor Wrote: Been PDI'ing and fitting '65 plates for the last 2 weeks lol

Lol, whats the most common then? Fiesta I'm guessing?

Unless they're all company cars then Mondeo lol?
Thanks given by:
Fiestas and foci really, add in kuga/mondeos here and there, few ecosports and the odd smax/galaxy and b/cmax's
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by: