External waste gate on rotrex.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
External waste gate on rotrex.
Right im in the process of listing and working out how exactly im going to reengineer this rotrex kit. Im going to set it up how it should be and do away with the "restricter ring" that it currently uses and want to use somthing a little safer.

Now the question is am i right in thinking i could use a external waste gate and just vent to atmoshere to regulate boost ?? Or is there a better more efficent way of doing it without getting cought up with recirc??

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
What are you trying to achieve? The restrictor ring is safe, loads of people have used it low boost.
Thanks given by:
Im trying to achive a decent supercharger set up aposed to the dog shite lynx set up im currently running. So i can have a thing called throttle response down low and a car that is driveable when your not thrashing it. which isnt a thing with the current set up

Which means moving the throttle body to where it should be and using a stand alone that can actually read changing comdition rather than just taking a wild stab in the dark. Then using a external wastegate means i can remove all the crap pre supercharger

Thanks given by:
It should drive like a standard car though with more power obviously, if it's not running right you might want to get it mapped for your engine and mods etc.
Thanks given by:
Its no different to any other lynx s/c iv seen/been in. Its a huge compramise in the interest of budget. Its half the car it could be at that power/boost. It can be improved on massivly and that is what i intend to do

Thanks given by:
I think you might want to talk to Rich about it seeing though it's his kit.
Thanks given by:
Why do i need to talk to rich? Lol. The only thing i will be using from his kit will be the charger mounting bracket and inlet so really has nothing to do with him and the way he has done it.

At the end of the day its just guessing how much fuel to to chuck in because the sensor is pre boost. Putting the throttle body post boost on the end of the inlet and using an ecu that can read boost and be live mapped to (instead of just some generic map developed for a different car) will improve most aspects of the way it runs & drives

Thanks given by:
Wayne Schofield can live map it and do exactly that on the standard ecu.
Thanks given by:
youll achieve alot more running it on some proper management! you can use a wastegate to control your boost yes and with decent management youll be able to use that to operate the wastegate. Also i believe the lynx stuff run the dreadfull bosch green injectors id be binning them aswell as they have real bad spray pattern almost like a hosepipe. A more modern injector design woundnt go a miss.
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't say there's any need to run an external wastegate to regulate boost pressure, the restrictor ring should work just fine - you might want a BOV that will open at part throttle openings, although I didn't really think the Rotrex needed it, it doesn't really move enough air at low engine speeds anyway, although you'll probably want one when you lift at high RPMs, it'll surge quite badly otherwise.

Make sure you go for an ECU that isn't going backwards in terms of technology - you really want sequential spark and sequential injection - with the cam profile of the GTi6 motor, you really want sequential injection, otherwise you're spraying fuel in that just sits and chills out in the head port for the time that the valve is closed. The correct ECU would be able to use the OEM coil-on-plug setup.

As Stef says, modern injectors wouldn't go a miss either.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
You NEED a BOV or recirc for high RPM lift off. Like Ruan says, you will suffer from surge quite badly and destroy the charger in no time at all.
You can either use a recirc valve like or the super high boost set up (not sure which one Rich uses on his kits) or use a BOV like me and Stefan. We have both got Tial Q valves which are awesome (but then they want to be for the cost!)
Injectors wise, i would use Astra VXR ones. You can get all 4 from Vauxhall with a rail (they only sell it like this) for £130 and they are bosch injectors. I wouldnt bother with the Bosch 440 "green giants" as they are old tech really.
Management wise, Again, Ruan makes a point that you don't want to go back in terms of tech which is going to be costly because the standard ECU is actually very advanced for its time. You could either go for having the standard modified and remapped by a few people in the country or you could go for decent aftermarket. You would be looking at a Omex 710 or Emerald K6 for sequential which are both pricy. Personally, i couldn't justify the extra cost so went for a 600.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
The Bosch 440's are discontinued anyway, Lynx use different ones of a similar spec.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
My charged 6 has been mapped by Wayne schofield and drives low down like any other non s/c gti6 I've had!?
I take it yours is just running a generic map guessing this could be your problem?
Thanks given by:
Anyone tried using megane 230 or 250 injectors?
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(28-09-2015, 01:14 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Anyone tried using megane 230 or 250 injectors?

whats the specs on them matt?

i do find it funny that even rotrex wont warrant any charger used on the lynx set up due to it being starved of air!
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
(28-09-2015, 01:57 PM)Stef205 Wrote:
(28-09-2015, 01:14 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Anyone tried using megane 230 or 250 injectors?

whats the specs on them matt?

i do find it funny that even rotrex wont warrant any charger used on the lynx set up due to it being starved of air!

Im not sure stef, i know that alot of lads with turbocharged 106's & saxo's with circa 250bhp are using them though? Might be something worth investigating Smile
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
googlefuu says 480cc on the 225/230.

though one of the parts listed as a common fault when reading the Renaultsport forums is injectors...
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a similar injector and issue with the vxrs. Vauxhall almost give them away at £100 with the rail
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
(28-09-2015, 03:06 PM)welshpug Wrote: googlefuu says 480cc on the 225/230.

though one of the parts listed as a common fault when reading the Renaultsport forums is injectors...

The injectors themselves aren't the problem, its because rather than have an EML light when somethings is wrong it comes up with 'Check Injection' on the screen lol

(28-09-2015, 03:18 PM)Stef205 Wrote: Sounds like a similar injector and issue with the vxrs. Vauxhall almost give them away at £100 with the rail

Similar cc but different spray pattern i believe. similar to everyone with N/A 106's and saxos running 182 injectors
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I use the Clio or R26 injectors on TB set up's, work well and dirt cheap too
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by: