Dash Cam Recommendations

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dash Cam Recommendations
So my Grandad is driving down to Spain next month with his caravan for a few months. He's wanting a dash cam for obvious reasons. He's 72 so it's needs to be user friendly and pretty small so the view ain't compromised. 

Budget is upto £150. 

What you recommend?
Thanks given by:
I have this one which is adequate for the job http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NU...ge_o08_s00
Mechanic in the 90's
Chef in the noughties
Now just pissing about with catering
Thanks given by:
(25-08-2015, 03:28 PM)chylledapps Wrote: I have this one which is adequate for the job http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NU...ge_o08_s00

Question on this; how exactly do they work? Do they run from cig? run from a 12v feed? Then storage? do they store on a memory card? how long do they last? do they record automatically or do you press go everytime? 

ANY information would be great Big Grin
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
This one.
Plugs into cigarette lighter and has loop recording so it starts recording over the oldest footage when the card is full. Has motion sensor so starts recording when on the move. Inbuilt G sensor tags the date and time of an impact on the footage automatically.
Thanks given by:
Jesus, you guys are paying way too much for quite frankly shit cameras.

Get yourself on http://www.techmoan.com 306Carter.

I had a £30 G1W for over a year and it was faultless, I've now moved on to an SJ4000 wifi which is even better. It was £60 odd but it's a GoPro clone so it's an action camera, waterproof etc & it's awesome - wifi means I just go on the app on my phone and can save the videos to my camera roll.

If all you want is a basic camera which records HD and auto starts/stops then a G1W is perfect, £30 odd and you just need a memory card.
Thanks given by:
(25-08-2015, 04:41 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Jesus, you guys are paying way too much for quite frankly shit cameras.

Get yourself on http://www.techmoan.com 306Carter.

I had a £30 G1W for over a year and it was faultless, I've now moved on to an SJ4000 wifi which is even better. It was £60 odd but it's a GoPro clone so it's an action camera, waterproof etc & it's awesome - wifi means I just go on the app on my phone and can save the videos to my camera roll.

If all you want is a basic camera which records HD and auto starts/stops then a G1W is perfect, £30 odd and you just need a memory card.

But is it a 'push to start' camera as i really couldn't be bothered doing that every time i went for a drive..?

EDIT: quick search shows it has G sensors and motion detection handy!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
No dash cam is push to start. All dash cams have an option to both come on automatically when 12v is supplied, and also a cycle record so it overwrites when full Smile
Thanks given by:
Mine works off cig lighter and has a 16meg memory card that overwrites, maybe I paid over the odds but at 60 quid it does the job and I'm happy, especially with the twat on the scooter that tried to report me 3 weeks ago but I had him on camera and the police charged him with dangerous driving Tongue
Mechanic in the 90's
Chef in the noughties
Now just pissing about with catering
Thanks given by:
Only just seen all your replies! He went for the a Transend in the end.

I think i might try a G1W for my Berlingo as i doesn't have a rear view mirror so would be pretty discreet.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dashcam Recommendations Toms306 95 18,466 17-06-2016, 06:51 PM
Last Post: 306carter
  Welder recommendations bashbarnard 21 3,933 11-02-2016, 09:00 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Mbc cheap recommendations bashbarnard 6 2,619 20-07-2015, 05:23 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard