Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK Fun rally/ road trip is it worth it
(19-08-2015, 10:02 PM)Redordead89 Wrote: Not a daft idea at all just takes a bit of planning and consideration for all involved!
I say you and your mate go for something close to your original plan but just do it over a cheap long weekend with many many cracking pics, vids and tales to tell the kids later!
You can def hook up with me n my mates when your passing through for a deep fried Mars bar supper and a wee drive in to the hills if you fancy!
Don't listen to the doubters  ( me included ) and just get on and do it otherwise you risk missing that special day you talk about for many years to come!

As for challenges, 1st to finish winner gets breakfast in bed on the beach and a bottle of nice Malt from one of the distilleries on the route and a free pass on driving home and obvs bragging rights too!
It might end up been a cruise up north with plenty of fried mars along the way.

(20-08-2015, 09:10 AM)cully Wrote:
(19-08-2015, 11:55 AM)Dum Wrote: he problem is any trip you do that's more than a day realistically has to be LE to JoG if it's in the UK. Loads of people will say they want to come but you'll struggle to get people together to actually do it as the cost of the fuel on the trip plus driving to the start and driving home from the finish and suddenly you talking about 2000 miles which even at 50mpg is £220 plus hotels plus the cost of challenges. You can't realistically do it for much less than £500 and people know they can do the ring or the south of france for that (if they are in the south east)

I will ad to this

Just remember if you have breakdown cover in the uk you and the car WILL get home on a UK road trip with a 15 year old car

doing a euro road trip and breaking down with a 15 year old car you will get home but the car wont as the recovery people wont pay out as it is uneconomic to recover the car oh but they will still take your premium from you

also you have to be very carefull what you call the trip as RACE or Rally time trile will invalid your road insurance

I wanted it to be more like a cruise with short stops during day to break up the driving
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Funball Rally Orta 0 1,231 13-07-2018, 10:43 AM
Last Post: Orta
  Scottish Malts Rally maxaret 3 1,327 27-04-2016, 08:55 PM
Last Post: maxaret
  Welsh Rally GB! PugRory 5 2,287 27-11-2015, 10:05 AM
Last Post: PugRory