Weird Issue with relays.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird Issue with relays.
Hey guys, 

Noticed today, my indicator relay sometimes ticks madly..... 
no lights flash when it does it, and it behaves normally when i operate the indicators, but i noticed that the relay was very very hot. 

Has any one got a clue what might be up? or do i replace said relay, and hope it goes away? 

any help apprechiated Smile

tony.
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
Its the indicator stalk. Known fault. Get it done asap. Can catch fire if not.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I just had problem with mine where left or right indicator dodnt work but hazard lights worked.
I changed relay, indicator stalk but at the end it was hazard light switch faulth!
Thanks given by:
ok thanks for the replies. Will source a new stalk asap. Smile
if that does not clear it up, i will replace the hazard light switch.

Thank you

Kindest regards
Tony.
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
(11-08-2015, 11:37 AM)vandalzd Wrote: I just had problem with mine where left or right indicator dodnt work but hazard lights worked.
I changed relay, indicator stalk but at the end it was hazard light switch faulth!

I had similar and it was the relay. Free from the breakers to replace so worth doing anyway Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Green relays pug306driver 2 1,749 23-10-2022, 01:00 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
Photo Relays and what does what allen54 0 1,163 28-12-2016, 06:44 PM
Last Post: allen54