Phase 1 Kingfisher "Queeny"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phase 1 Kingfisher "Queeny"
(10-10-2016, 08:38 AM)1616six Wrote: Funny thing is I wonder how many sets of these have been scrapped over the years, everyone used to bin them off for 'Nice' seats back in the day!

Been a fare few in binned, but then again was this a common colour in the phase 1?  I can only recall a handful of owners in the past 10 years and that's going back to the days when procta was a phase 1 boy.
Nice to see a phase 1 still been loved, don't think there are that many now on the road sadly.
Thanks given by:
(30-12-2016, 07:54 AM)Frosty Wrote: If your after some new headlights i think i may have some brand new phase 1 headlights in my stores. I'll try and dig them out if you could be interested?

Thanks for the offer, but due to Christmas I'm super skint at the moment [emoji30] but when I've actually got some money together I'll let you know if you have them by then

So when I started this thread I failed to mention about the massive amount of history I got with it. It's had 1 other owner since new and he kept literally every piece of paper ever to do with this car! I bought a car with literal full service history [emoji106]
The most interesting is I've got the original sales invoice... a brand new DTurbo S was £11,468. Bargain! I'm sure someone on here already knows this but I also found it interesting that my car isn't kingfisher green... it's tropical green!

Sifting through all the history we discovered that the heater box (which is still broken) broke back in 2001 and a few months later it came in as a non starter, had the head removed and found it had gone and water damaged the bores so had a whole new engine fitted (at the price of over £1300!!) I also like how they noted signs of off road excursion haha!

Thanks given by:
"off road excursion" i like to think that whoever had that was having a moment of banter and that isnt the serious lingo they have to use.
Thanks given by:
Hmmm never heard of tropical green, think that may have just been their best guess at the official colour Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2017, 09:25 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Hmmm never heard of tropical green, think that may have just been their best guess at the official colour Smile

Irish green Tongue
Thanks given by:
Im in no rush to sell the headlights, i need to dig them out and check i still got them anyway.

Interesting bit of history with the car. I think i have the original invoice for my estate in with my paper work.
Thanks given by:
Nice history to have!
Thanks given by:
Update this thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
So after much nagging from Bash, here is an update!!
We spent sometime the other week doing a few little cosmetic bits to the car using some bits salvaged from the other phase 1 we scrapped. Changed one of my headlights as the old one had a massive crack in it (photo doesn't do it justice and apologies for the photo bombing cat haha) and also changed the battery tray as mine was a bit rusty and old looking.

The biggest change was I got rid of the cyclones (!) and put the original d turbo wheels on. I know they're not lookers but as I'm going standard the clones had to go. The cat just had to make an appearance again but as he's named Blaze after the 306 colour I feel he deserves his 2 seconds of fame on here Big Grin

Then all the hard graft started as we discovered the rust...
We (and this is the royal 'we' as I cannot weld so all the hard work is down to my personal mechanic/husband Bash!) started in the usual rear wheel arch section and found the first bit which is now all welded up.

Then we moved to the front of the car and found some more on the offside front chassis leg near the bottom pully

The next bit of rust is a complete bugger though... It's up in the front wheel arch in the firewall/bulkhead area, so really inaccessible. This now means it's a complete dash out job to get to it from the other side and also check to see if the same place on the other side has rusted. While the dash is out we're also going to do the heater matrix as we've not done it yet and seems silly not to while we've got everything in bits!

Now just to get this all done and back together ready for Cars on the Green on 18th June...
Thanks given by:
Someones going to be busy. nice to see an update!
Thanks given by:
nice to see an update! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the sarcasm guys... [emoji23]
Thanks given by:
Good progress Big Grin
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
So the dash is out!!

The hole we saw from in the wheel arch has been well poked and it's a fair size, but the good news is it's the only one as the rest of the bulkhead is all solid!

I've been informed that the hole is going to be a pain to weld as it's on the seam so it'll be a good 5 hours of work to get it all ready to go back together. Then to check the other chassis leg and the sills...
Thanks given by:
Good luck. Hope the sills are okay!
Thanks given by:
Bash doesn't hang around. Make sure that bulkhead padding goes back fitted well...the noise that comes into the cabin without it is apparently horrendous.
Thanks given by:
(11-05-2017, 08:21 AM)mr_fish Wrote: Bash doesn't hang around. Make sure that bulkhead padding goes back fitted well...the noise that comes into the cabin without it is apparently horrendous.

Cant hang about, its cars on the green in 5 weeks and this needs to be done for it. Ill be doublly sure to get the sound proofing back again. I was gonna use some spray glue to hold it in place a bit better as well as its starting to sagg a little
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
So im currently home with this thing. Still welding away. Bulkhead is done. Now need to re do both chassis legs. Which means subframe off job. (Ill takcle once dash is back in) any ideas how the hell im gonna weld on my back? Cause im drawing a blank. Itll be far to close to my head for free movement needed. Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks given by:
I know welding spatter in the ears is bad. Ask me how I know...
That's all the advice I can offer.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
So ive got a little further now. The dash is back in and working and bulkhead welded and spent all day today rebuilding the back half of the sill. Had a friend come over and fab up the plates while i welded them in. However the deadline of this for pugfest is drawing closer and closer and with an esitimated 20 plus hours still to go on it ive pulled the plug on this year. I refuse to do a half arsed job on a car like this so it will see show season next year and ill keep going on this getting her properly done for next year. Its a shame to be honest bit i cant bodge something like this.

[Image: 3f7220cdd9782beb88dbabcab5782f8c.jpg][Image: 287cc2b4cb84a728a89afe5411a2b13a.jpg][Image: a335998c37f4d014f047e38427405902.jpg]

[Image: 0a7890809d70aa9b6f2262193df51b62.jpg][Image: 92b3f73ca897bead39fd8165c241f1b3.jpg][Image: a884dee556e39f586d5fd2172626f212.jpg][Image: 014835f180a3766d7a3906825db53fb0.jpg]

So the rust yu see on the new plate is just a very light surface rust than got taken off before these plates were welded in. All the plates got weld through primer on the back sode of them as well to protect from the inside as well.
Thanks given by:
So much rust D: Will it make COTG even as a project?
Thanks given by:
good work, shame not to see the cars at shows this year though.
Thanks given by:
(11-06-2017, 09:10 PM)Eeyore Wrote: So much rust D: Will it make COTG even as a project?

Wait untill you take the sude skirts iff yours Wink

(11-06-2017, 09:14 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: good work, shame not to see the cars at shows this year though.

Yeah it is a shame but fingers crossed for next year. If you wanna see it that bad pop your head in my workshop before COTG
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jimbos PH1 kingfisher Dturbo ☆turbo progress☆ Jimbo 122 30,927 22-08-2015, 04:59 PM
Last Post: mr_fish