Clutch kit Stage 2 ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clutch kit Stage 2 ?
will be keeping an eye on this.

not heard of the black diamond option but then again ive been out of it for a while..

otherwise, CG - had one, collapsed after about 3 weeks and loads of back and forth to them welding a bolt on back of my clutch pedal as a 'stop' and had a helix - brilliant, drove fine, not much harder with a new clutch cable but expensive

so black diamond if can hold a good stage 2 map will be good for me
Thanks given by:
(08-08-2015, 06:32 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Helix stage 3 cover with the fast road organic friction plate, bites hard but not unpleasant so it's very smooth once you're used to it. Holding very well on a stage 1+, will report back once she's properly boosted.

having driven this, takes a little getting used to (20 minutes) but is actually quite nice when you get used to it.. 

I will say however, that the CG clutch issues i have seen generally tend to be people fitting them and they will burn out in the first few miles (with the exception of two with the most recent design) which would suggest to me they arent bedding them in,.. 

there are literally hundreds of other car makes and models that dont have issues,  given the price it's worth a punt..   i have a spring 5 paddle and uprated pressure plate downstairs. need to get on and fit the bloody thing.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
You've missed most of the history with CG then. Supplying incorrect parts, clutch plate put together back-to-front, touting standard parts as uprated, being told one thing by the salesman then something completely different the next day, paddles shearing from the clutch plate, friction material delaminating... That's just the ones i can remember off the top of my head lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I remember calling them to say that I didn't think they had enough 'meat' on the friction plate and that the rivets would be scraping the flywheel in no time.
They told me it would be fine. 2000 miles later (on a car with only 90 BHP) and guess what, the flywheel had lots of nice new grooves on it.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Yeah mine seems a little thin.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Any news PartyJas ?
Thanks given by:
they have plenty of meat on their clutches, paddles wont have as much as organic discs but their quality is poor, I have a center plate of theirs with all the springs snapped in it, cheap and cheerful but hit and miss for sure
Thanks given by:
in my opinion, it just isnt worth the risk and effort to be taking the gearbox out 6 months down the line and fighting for your money back (which was impossible in my case they didnt want to know at all) then replacing with either helix or now maybe black diamond?

Also, just seen this: http://www.peugeot-tuning-parts.co.uk/30...lutch.html

Bargain IMO
Thanks given by:
if you are buying CG put it on a credit card..

consumer credit act renders both you AND the credit card company jointly liable any purchase you make with the credit card.. ie if they screw you around, you call the credit card company and ask them to recover the monies under the CCA.

this covers anything over £100, and the credit card company is jointly liable for the FULL VALUE of the item.. for example if you put a deposit of £100.01 on the credit card for a £10000 car, and that car explodes 3 weeks down the line the credit card company will sort it out onder the CCA.. powerful piece of legislation..
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(24-08-2015, 12:21 PM)MrBigMac Wrote: Any news PartyJas ?

I have spoken to Black Diamond and they recommend the 'stage 3' paddle clutch for the torque a stage 2 engine produces.
I can supply these for £296.75 + vat
or for a group buy of 10+ the price would be £280.00 + vat.
Thanks given by:
£356.10 best quote so far ? how would I contact you/company to purchase ?
Thanks given by:
Are they guaranteeing that these clutches will hold the power?
Thanks given by:
Do people rekon that these black diamond items are going to be a better buy than helix then? with helix being nearly £60 cheaper?
Thanks given by:
the Helix paddle is about £580, the one for £300 is a standard ish one iirc. im sure someone will know abit more, also when i emailed Helix they told me there paddle clutch is only rated to 300lbs, Black diamond have told me there paddle is rated to 380lbs (all approx figures)
Thanks given by:
it was a 'standard' helix i ran in my last 306 (mapped a fair bit more than my current one) and was fine, and was the same clutch that the other lads had run. the 'standard - organic' helix is officially rated to 300 ftlbs but helix are known for under rating there items.

Unless the top side of stage 3 is on the cards i wouldnt consider anything else to be honest. they have been tried and tested several times and never once had any issues. Not saying the black diamonds wont work/last but they dont seem to have the same kind of testing that the helix ones have had. Then theres the argument that a paddle clutch doesnt last as long on daily driving and that they are shit to drive in town traffic etc, (the CG Paddle i had drove brilliantly, for the few miles it managed i have to admit).

The only issue with the helix that i recall was that as it was an uprated pressure plate aswell it made the pedal slightly firmer, and it wasnt much, but if your running an old worn out cable it could break so would always reccomend a new cable when fitting a clutch of any type to be honest...

Out of curiosity, I wonder if anyone from this forum approached Pug1Off to see if they offer a peugeot owners club group buy discount or something? Maybe if the helix could be got for less than £300 it may be enough to settle peoples doubts?
Thanks given by:
(25-08-2015, 06:29 PM)shervo Wrote: Are they guaranteeing that these clutches will hold the power?

I doubt any clutch company will make guarantees. I asked what the torque rating was and the they said it was up to 60% more than standard.

(25-08-2015, 11:11 PM)ct-hdi Wrote: it was a 'standard' helix i ran in my last 306 (mapped a fair bit more than my current one) and was fine, and was the same clutch that the other lads had run. the 'standard - organic' helix is officially rated to 300 ftlbs but helix are known for under rating there items.

Unless the top side of stage 3 is on the cards i wouldnt consider anything else to be honest. they have been tried and tested several times and never once had any issues. Not saying the black diamonds wont work/last but they dont seem to have the same kind of testing that the helix ones have had. Then theres the argument that a paddle clutch doesnt last as long on daily driving and that they are shit to drive in town traffic etc, (the CG Paddle i had drove brilliantly, for the few miles it managed i have to admit).

The only issue with the helix that i recall was that as it was an uprated pressure plate aswell it made the pedal slightly firmer, and it wasnt much, but if your running an old worn out cable it could break so would always reccomend a new cable when fitting a clutch of any type to be honest...

Out of curiosity, I wonder if anyone from this forum approached Pug1Off to see if they offer a peugeot owners club group buy discount or something? Maybe if the helix could be got for less than £300 it may be enough to settle peoples doubt.
I deal with helix too and the best I can do is £293.50 + vat for the organic clutch. That is rated to 255 lb/ft.
The paddle version I can do for £335 + vat and that is the one rated to 300 lb/ft
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2015, 08:02 AM)PartyJas Wrote:
(25-08-2015, 06:29 PM)shervo Wrote: Are they guaranteeing that these clutches will hold the power?

I doubt any clutch company will make guarantees. I asked what the torque rating was and the they said it was up to 60% more than standard.

(25-08-2015, 11:11 PM)ct-hdi Wrote: it was a 'standard' helix i ran in my last 306 (mapped a fair bit more than my current one) and was fine, and was the same clutch that the other lads had run. the 'standard - organic' helix is officially rated to 300 ftlbs but helix are known for under rating there items.

Out of curiosity, I wonder if anyone from this forum approached Pug1Off to see if they offer a peugeot owners club group buy discount or something? Maybe if the helix could be got for less than £300 it may be enough to settle peoples doubt.
I deal with helix too and the best I can do is £293.50 + vat for the organic clutch. That is rated to 255 lb/ft.
The paddle version I can do for £335 + vat and that is the one rated to 300 lb/ft

Im guessing them helix prices are for just the friction plate?
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2015, 12:19 PM)Frosty Wrote:
(26-08-2015, 08:02 AM)PartyJas Wrote:

Im guessing them helix prices are for just the friction plate?

Nope that's for the plate and cover. Same cover for both versions just the plate is different.
Thanks given by: madmadmax
That's not too bad then, are the pressure plates uprated do you know?
Thanks given by:
The helix uses an uprated pressure plate.

Am I missing something here? The helix clutch I linked to earlier... is that a different one that the likes of me, Dum-Dum etc used a few years back? If not I'm sure that was agreed to be the best avaliable? And it's cheaper
Thanks given by:
I don't *think* it's a paddle clutch, could well be wrong though.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(26-08-2015, 10:46 PM)ct-hdi Wrote: The helix uses an uprated pressure plate.

Am I missing something here? The helix clutch I linked to earlier... is that a different one that the likes of me, Dum-Dum etc used a few years back? If not I'm sure that was agreed to be the best avaliable? And it's cheaper

The clutch in the link is the Helix organic plate version which they rate to 255 ft/lb of torque. They haven't changed their clutches as far as I'm aware.
Thanks given by:
As above, it's not the paddle clutch like you guys had.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Just to clarify I can supply the Helix paddle clutch (cover and plate) for £335 + vat and it is rated to 300 ft/lb of torque. As stated elsewhere in this thread, Helix tend to quote safe torque ratings.
Thanks given by:
My helix was the organic not paddle
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best clutch for stage 2 L16rye 4 2,311 15-11-2016, 06:36 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Stage 2 Clutch Chris HDI 15 3,633 23-08-2015, 08:28 PM
Last Post: ct-hdi
  Best clutch for a stage 1 hdi? Iceman299 10 3,170 05-09-2014, 07:50 PM
Last Post: Iceman299